Oh uh

1 Sowon, 2 Eunbis

"Mom, Do you think im weird?"- Sinb casually asked her mom the next day when both of them were shopping at the local supermarket.  

"No, well maybe a little bit. I think everyone is a little weird"

"Is that a bad thing?"- the little girl asked again while she picked some tomatoes and giving them to her mom. 

 

"No, of course not"

 

"Would you still love me if i was weird?"- this last question made Sinb's mom stop in her tracks, She bend down to look at the girl's eyes. -"Eunbi-ah, Do you want to tell me what's going on?"

 

The small girl avoided looking at her mom as she said no with her head. 

 

"No? What if i buy you an ice cream?"

 

Sinb looked at her mom excited but then remember what Sojung had said. She said " no" then looked down again. Her mom sighed and grabbed her daughter's hand to keep shopping. She had a very clear idea of what was happening but, How could she help without interfering too much?

 

 ————————•————————

 

"Dad, are you busy?"- Sinb sat next to her father at his small office that he had in their house. 

 

"No princess, What do you need?"- her father was indeed busy but the sad tone in his daughter's voice made him forget about work. His wife had mentioned that Eunbi was acting weird since they came back from the supermarket earlier and he wanted to help understand what was bothering the little girl. 

 

"When can I learn how to read?"

 

"Maybe next year baby, you are still quite young there is no need to rush it, Why are you asking? Is there a book you want me to read for you?"

 

"No daddy, I just want to be smart. I want to be intelligent and not weird"

 

"But you are smart, you are the smartest girl i know!"- he said enthusiastically while she lifted Sinb in her arms and spin around. The little girl laughed and hugged her father forgetting for a while why Sojung hadn't been home all day. 

 

"Why dont you invite Umji to come play?"

 

"Yeah!"

 

 ————————•————————

 

Sojung's class had a school trip to an art museum. It was full of beautiful and incredible pieces of art, yet all that Sojung could see was Eunbi. She is so pretty, her laugh is pretty, her hair is pretty. 

 

Eunbi caught Sojung staring at her and giggled. "Sojung-ah hurry! we are going to get lost"- she said while she grabbed the other girl's hand and dragged her to follow the rest of their classmates.

 

Thats it, Im going to tell her how i feel

 

"Eunbi-ah"

 

"Shhh not now Sojung, the teacher said that we shouldn't speak too much inside the museum"- the shorter girl gave Sojung hand a little squeeze. 

 

Well maybe not now

 

 ————————•————————

"Umji I don't know what to do! I asked my mom and she said that i am not weird and then my dad said i was smart, but Why is my unnie trying to replace me?"- the girls were sitting on the floor of Sinb's room while playing with some toys. 

 

"Maybe she isn't replacing you??"

 

"Then why would she find another Eunbi to spend some time with? She is definitely not happy with me"

 

"All we can do for now is keep the plan! If it doesn't work you can come live with me! My mom really likes you"

 

"Really? That would be great! I can play with you and Yerin unnie!"- Yerin was Umji's older sister, a year younger than Sojung but both of them were good friends. 

 

"Yes and we could watch movies everyday"- the girls continued thinking about what they would do if they live together until Umji's mom came to look for Umji. 

 

 ————————•————————

 

 

Three weeks later and the plan was officially a fail. Evey test that Sinb had tried, Sojung had failed. 

 

When Sinb had a nightmare on the first week, she went to her Unnie's room without thinking and climed onto the bed only to realize it was empty. Sinb got more scared that she initially had been, the monster took my Sojung unnie. Then she remembered that Sojung had mentioned something about staying over at Eunbi's house for a movie marathon when they were having dinner. 

 

Sinb sighed and run back to her room, she laid down on her bed and tried to fall asleep but couldn't because she was too scared, she started sobbing and then run to her parents room. 

 

"Eunbi-ah? What happened baby? Are you ok?"- said her mother as soon as Eunbi jumped into the bed. 

 

"Mommy Can..Can i sleep here? please?"- said Sinb in between sobs. 

Her mother hugged her tight and tried to calm the little girl by caressing Sinb's hair.-" Of course you can Eunbi-ah, Did you have a nightmare? Please calm down"

 

But Sinb couldn't calm down and and she only cried harder waking up her father. 

 

"What happened? Eunbi please calm down or your head is going to hurt"

 

"The..the monster is going to get me"

 

"No it won't, Dad and i will protect you, Ok?"

 

"You promise?"

 

"Yes! We do now go to sleep, we'll stay up to protect you" When Sinb finally fell asleep, both of her parents relaxed and fell asleep hugging their little princess. 

 

During the second week, and because of end of semester Exams, Sojung had been so busy that she couldn't take Sinb to the park even though the girl asked everyday, the answer had been No. 

 

And then, during the third week Sojung finally gathered all her courage and confessed to Eunha, to her surprise Eunha felt the same way about her and they started dating making Sojung live in a dream like state. The newly couple would talk all the time, if the had to study they would call each other or use Skipe. It wasn't such a bad thing except for the lack of attention that Sojung paid to anything else, including Sinb who had asked her unnie multiple times to teach her how to read only to get an "give me 5 minutes Eunbi" and then being forgotten.

 

Sojung was the happiest, while Sinb was more and more sad everyday. 

 

Sojung invited Eunha to have dinner at her house again and introduced her as her girlfriend to her parents who couldn't be happier for the girls. Everything seemed to be going smoothly until 

 

"Eunbi-ah, Aren't you happy for your sister?"- her mom asked her when Sinb had offered to help waching the dishes.

 

"No"

 

"No? Why not?"- Eunbi only answer was the raise of her shoulders. 

 

"Eunbi-ah, Can you come here please"- Sojung asked her little sister from her room, Sinb looked at her mom. 

 

"You can go, I can do it alone baby"

 

Sinb nodded and walked to her unnie's room, inside Sojung and the big Eunbi were sitting on the tall girl bed while holding hands. 

 

"Sinb, Would you like to go to the movies  with us?"- What surprised the little Eunbi the most wasn't the offer or the fact that it was the other Eunbi the one to make it, it was the fact that the other Eunbi had called her Sinb. 

 

Sinb looked at Sojung alarmed, if the other girl knew her secret nickname then Sojung had broken her promise of keeping it a secret. She was being replaced. 

 

"Bi?"- Sojung noticed how all color was drained from her little sister's face, she walked towards her and tried to grab the small girl's hand only to be rejected. 

 

"You told her!"- Sinb had tears in her eyes and she was having difficulty with breathing making Sojung worry more. Then she realized, Eunha had called her as Sinb, a nickname that was supposed to be their own little secret.  Oh uh

 ————————•————————

Heeeey! Next chapter is probably going to be the last one :( so sad! But i hope you like this one AND THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE COMMENTS - Javi.