Eunbi and Sinb

1 Sowon, 2 Eunbis

Sojung was 12 when she found out she was going to be a big sister. She wasn't happy at first because she knew she would have to share a lot of her things, including her room; but later she got really excited about having someone to play with. 

She asked her mother every day how she felt, she asked her teacher at school for some advice on how to be a good sister and she even helped her mom buy baby clothes. 

 

When Sojung found out that the baby was a girl she was the happiest girl, she gave her father a list of baby names that she had made and even selected her favorites. The chosen name was Eunbi. The baby was going to arrive soon and Sojung was ready. 

 

 ————————•————————

 

When Eunbi was born, Sojung had to wait for a long time with her father in the waiting room before she could actually meet the baby. When she finally got to see her sister, the small girl was awake and moving a lot in her mother's arms but she wasn't crying. Sojung looked at her for the longest time before her mother said:

 

"Would you like to hold her Sojung-ah?"- She spoke in a weak voice while her husband held Sojung's hand and smiled at her. 

 

"Really?!"- Sojung looked at her mom waiting for a confirmation, when her mother nodded Sojung's dad helped her hold the baby. Once she had her in her arms, she looked at the baby again and spoke in a soft voice. 

 

"Hello Eunbi-ah, my name is Sojung and im your big sister. I will love you and protect you, but you need to listen to me"- Eunbi looked at her sister, and as if she understood anything, she giggled, making Sojung feel happy. 

 

Sojung's parents smiled at each other while listening to her now older daughter. 

 

 ————————•————————

 

"Eunbi-ah please stop crying"- Sojung's mom, who had the 4 months old baby in her arms, tried to calm the crying girl. "Do you want me to sing for you?"- Eunbi only cried harder. 

 

Sojung arrived home from school and the first thing she noticed was the loud crying. She was worried. Sojung ran inside the house looking for her baby sister. 

 

"Mom! What happened? Is she okay?" - Sojung noticed that Eunbi was crying so hard in her mother's arms and she panicked- "MOM!"

 

"Shhh Sojung dear calm down, everything is ok don't worry"- her mom said in the calmest voice she could. 

 

"But what happened to her?!"

 

"Eunbi has a fever Sojung-ah but don't worry too much"

 

"How can i help?"- Sojung held her little sister while her mother prepared some medicine for Eunbi. 

 

When Eunbi finally calmed down and felt asleep in her mom's arms, Sojung  gave her mom a glass with cold water and sat down next to her on the couch. Sojung didn't want to see Eunbi like that again, she wanted to protect her little sister. 

 

"Mom, is she going to be ok?"- asked the girl while looking at Eunbi and holding her little hand. 

 

"Yes Sojung, with a sister like you she will" 

 

 ————————•————————

 

"Baby please eat"-Sojung's father was sitting at the dining table next to her 7 months old baby who refused to eat. "Look! Here comes the airplane" he had tried everything but the baby wasn't eating. 

 

Sojung, now 13 years old, was studying, or at least trying to, next to her father. She had a big exam in 3 days and she needed to prepare. 

 

When Sojung looked at Eunbi she noticed the baby hadn't eaten anything. That was weird. Eunbi loved to eat, Why isn't she eating?

 

Eunbi, who was sitting on her baby high chair, was looking at the door as if she was waiting for Sowon's mother to enter. Sowon's mother had gotten back to work for a week now but Eunbi still had problems adjusting to the changes. 

 

Sojung noticed her baby sister missed her mom, but she won't say it out loud so she won't hurt her dad's feelings. She stood up and approached Eunbi.  

 

"Bi you need to eat something! If you don't eat now How can we play later? I can't go to the park alone but I won't take you if you don't eat"

 

Eunbi's little eyes widened a little bit and then she looked at the door again and back to the food. She pointed to the food and looked at Sowon. 

 

"Do you want me to feed you?"- Sowon asked 

 

"Ye!"- Sojung smiled and looked at her dad -"im sorry dad but she wants me to do it" Sowon's dad only smiled and nodded, then he gave both his daughters a kiss on the forehead and went out to make a phone call. 

 

After feeding the baby, Sojung took Eunbi to the closest park and played with her for a while. Sojung knew this was all she could do to help for now and she wanted Eunbi to grow up so badly so she can talk and share her secrets with her. Since that day Sojung and Eunbi would always go to that park together. 

 

 ————————•————————

 

"NO! Absolutely NO!"- Sojung's mom had her arms crossed and she was looking at her 17 years old daughter who was standing next to the door. 

 

"Mom please it's just a party! I'll be back at 12! I will even call you when I arrive Please!"

 

Just then Sojung's dad walked in with Eunbi, they had been at the cinema and just came home. Eunbi looked at her sister and then her mom. 

 

"Unnie you look beautiful but...Are you two fighting again?"- the now 5 years old girl said while crossing her little arms. 

 

"Eunbi-ah mom and i are speaking something private, Why don't you go play upstairs?"- Sojung tried to convince her little sister to leave, mostly because she doesn't want the girl to listen what they were fighting about.  

 

"What happened?"- Sojung's dad asked while looking at his wife. "She wants to go to another party"

 

"We have talked about this Sojung-ah, you are still young and you can go to many parties when is not school time" her dad said. 

 

"I dont even have school tomorrow!!"

 

"Don't scream at your dad or you'll be grounded!!"

 

"But..."

 

"STOP!"-everybody was silent after the little girl screamed. Eunbi was standing in front of Sojung like she was trying to protect the tall girl, and looking at her parents. 

 

"Mom...Dad, is Sojung unnie a good daughter?"- she suddenly asked in a calm voice. 

 

"Eunbi-ah you shouldn't..."

 

"Is she?"- the little girl insisted

 

"She is"- her dad answered. 

 

"Is she the top of her class?" - the stubborn girl asked again. 

 

"She is"

 

"Then i dont see why she can't go to a party, let her have fun" Sojung looked at her sister in awe, how could she think of that?

 

"Well...maybe you are right Eunbi-ah"-her dad said and looked at her wife again "I don't think it would hurt to let her go this time"

 

After a few seconds of silence Sojung's mom sighed and said "ok"

 

Eunbi started jumping around and laughing, Sojung smiled at her sister and hugged her "thank you Sinb-ah" she whispered at her little sister. 

 

"Have fun unnie!"

 

Sojung and Eunbi had always helped each other. Ever since Eunbi learned how to speak she was always saying how much she loves and admires her older sister. Their relationship was amazing despite the age difference, they usually spent all their time together. 

 

Like every other sisters in the world they sometimes fight but they don't last too long without talking to each other. 

 

When Eunbi has nightmares she usually asks Sojung if she can sleep with her and to help her fall sleep Sojung tells her stories or sometimes she even sings. 

 

When a few girls made fun of Eunbi at kindergarten, Sojung promised her little sister that she was always going to protect her and to help her feel better Sojung created some secret nicknames for them, Sinb for Eunbi because the little girl could be a mystery and Sowon for Sojung because she wanted to make her sister's wishes come true. 

 

When they moved to a bigger house they no longer had to share the same room and Sinb was worried about having nightmares but Sojung promised she was always going to be there for her. 

 

 ————————•————————

 

"Is..is this seat taken?"- Sojung looked up from her book to look at the girl. Short brown hair, a sweet voice and the most beautiful face that Sojung had ever seen. 

 

"N...no it's not"- Sojung answered and smiled at the girl. 

 

"Im Jung Eunbi, nice to meet you!"- Eunbi said while she sat down next to Sojung. Why I haven't seen her before?- "im a new student" the girl quickly added. 

 

"Oh! Welcome to this school! I'm Kim Sojung, nice to meet you too"

 

 ————————•————————

 

Two months later Eunbi and Sojung were already the closest friends, but secretly they had feeling for each other. 

 

Sojung really wanted the two Eunbis to meet so she invited the big Eunbi to have dinner at her house. 

 

"Eunbi-ah this is my little sister Eunbi"- Sinb looked at the other Eunbi with curiosity- "Bi this is Eunbi my best friend"- Sinb curiosity was quickly replaced to jealousy. 

 

"Hello Eunbi-shi! How are you?"- the big Eunbi said in a sweet voice while she bend down to Sinb level. 

 

"Hi"- was all the little girl said and then she ran away. Sojung noticed the weird reaction from the usually overly excited girl who was suddenly acting shy. 

 

Eunbi stood up and looked at Sojung before saying "you said she loved to meet strangers"- she sounded a little hurt and then she pouted. 

 

"She does, i don't know what's wrong with her but don't worry about it too much she is a weird girl"- What Sojung didn't know was that Sinb had heard everything. 

  ————————•————————

This his was supposed to be a One-shot but I decided to split it up. Enjoy the first part! -Javi.