two

Best Friends
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

two

After what I thought was a long and boring day of school, I dragged myself home so that I can start getting ready for Baek's party although there was this huge part of me that just wanted to ditch the party and stay at home to catch up on my sleep. The thought was quickly brushed off knowing that Baek would be really upset if I didn't come to his party this time. And an angry Byun was certainly someone I did not want to deal with. I was clueless on the dress theme for the party so to stay safe I just went with a black off-shoulder dress. Being someone who hated to wear makeup, I just donned on a red lipstick. Looking at the clock I still had some time so I just walked slowly to his house since it was only a few blocks away.

The party was already bopping once I reached and I immediately wanted to leave when I saw the amount of people inside. Somehow, I felt like I should leave because I feel like something would happen that would not make me the slightest bit happy but then it was just a ridiculous thought so I shrugged it off.

I should have just listened to my instincts because the moment I entered the living room, I was greeted with the sight of Byun lip-locking with Sora, a junior from our school who is a year younger than us. At the moment, it felt like the air in my lungs left me and I was being strangled. I could feel my eyes starting to burn but I didn't want to cry. I could not afford to be vulnerable at this moment. Especially not now when everyone is around. They would be in extreme shock if they saw the poker-faced girl crying. It would not help either if I started bawling my eyes out because Byun would start asking me questions that I know I have no answers to.

Who was I actually kidding when I thought seeing Byun with someone else won't hurt me, because right now my heart feels like its been torn apart. I wanted to leave so badly but I didn't want to raise suspicions. Furthermore, what would be my excuse to Byun if I were to leave. That I was jealous?

I realised that after all this time I was his best friend and I would still remain as his best friend and that will never change. It hurts me because I expect something more but with the scene I'm seeing right now, all hopes of us being together someday flew out the window. Especially when I saw how Baek is looking at her right now with eyes that expressed love and admiration. An expression that I would never get from him. So I swallowed up my feelings for him right now and remained expressionless as I walked towards him to make him realise that I had arrived.

It was painful as I got nearer and nearer but it had to be done. Baek had turned his head away from the said girl and saw me approaching and he immediately smiled showing his teeth and god at the moment I just wanted to turn and run away. However, I forced myself to keep on going while clenching my fist so that I could keep my emotions in check. I was surprised at myself when I managed to speak to him in a calm voice, "Well, I'm here Byun. Aren't you surprised that I actually dragged my here to your lousy party," which in return elicit a small chuckle from him knowing that my words meant no harm. It was just how I was like thus it was a normal reaction for him. 

"Tia, I wanted to you to come today because I wanted to introduce you to someone special because you are someone special in my life too thus I want you both to know each other," which made me frown because I somehow knew who he was talking about but at the same

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter