2025

His Diary, Her Diary, My Diary & the unknown

Unknown diary, 1 January 2025

It's me, again.

   My family has slept in early. Looking at the clock, it's 12.15 A.M.... New year, new resolutions. New semester. I still can't believe how time flies so fast. Last year wonderful things happened. Meeting old friends , especially her. Yesterday, Prof Jeong gave me an entry for Harvard Medical School in USA. He said I have skills and a brilliant brain. Well, i find that funny somehow. I haven't told mom and dad yet. If I do, they'd probably tell me to pack my bags and head to the airport right away.

   I don't know diary, should I go? When I was sixteen I was sure I'd become a doctor and fly overseas. Why am I hesitating? I sure don't know. Feels like there's something holding me down. Is it her?

   Thinking about her, I haven't seen her the last 2 months. Has she quitted her part time job? I can't even text her or call her. I have her number but, I'm scared to do it. I'm looking at my phone beside me. Nope. I can't. Sigh. I'll just go to the cafe tomorrow to see if she's there. Maybe she just took a two month break. For personal reasons? Maybe. I'll just check tomorrow. I hope she's there. Goodnight diary, Happy new year.

 

His diary, 1 January 2025

Hello Diary, new year! Its just going to be the same.

   On Christmas a couple of days ago, Krystal came to celebrate with my family. She's been visiting me recently. I wonder if Kai knows. Anyways, I've quitted taking Mr Yiruma's piano classes. So no more Mr. Yiruma this year. Dad found a better,greater pianist than him. Private piano lessons. Mr. Daniel Barenboim. I call him Mr. Dan. He's a pro and his English is superb. Mine is rusty. He's good. We practice three times a month. That's enough cause it's just a hobby. It's not that i want to be a pianist or something. 

   Mr. Yiruma hmmm that girl. Oh yes, you .When I quitted going to Mr.Yiruma's class she asked me back in October why I quit. Is she interested in me? Did she caught me stalking her snap chats? There's no way she'd know right? Anyways, even if we don't see each other in piano class we will still bump in each other in campus. Wait what did I just write??

   To think about it now, do I like her? Woah. It can't be really? Well I am quite shy around her. Oh no I do have feelings for her.....She just texted me; Happy New Year. What should I reply? No, I should open the text a little late. If I open it quickly, she'll know I've seen her message. I'll wait an hour than open it. Her text, doesn't this mean she's into me? I guess this year is going to be an interesting year. 

   Diary, I'm still staring at my notification bar. I shouldn't be too confident that she likes me. What if she doesn't? My reputation, my dignity. I hate one sided love. So probably, I'll just open the text and not reply anything. At least she knows I've seen it. Yea I should do that before I go to bed. Later diary.

 

My diary, 1 January 2025

Dear diary, I really want to wish him.

   It's 2025. So soon. My relationship status still hasn't change. Feels like it would never change even after a hundred years. Am I that bad in dating? I mean, I'm pretty, I have good grades and also I make people laugh. Well that's what my friends tell me but I agree 100%. Mom and dad even told me I'm a great cook and that I'm ready to be someone's wife.

   But I told them that I'd get married after I finish my studies, get a steady job and a house. Is this the reason why guys don't like me? I'm too focusing on the future? But it's important. Money doesn't fall of from trees. Okay I should stop and reverse back on how I'm cursed I am to be in a relationship with a man I like. Even If I work at the cafe, no one looks at me. Ah, cafe. I'll be back again next week after sorting out the new schedule. I passed with flying colors for the finals so hopefully my schedule this year isn't tight as last year.

   It was worth it, taking two months break to study for my finals. Then again, no guy called me. Even Chanyeol didn't. Not even a single text message. Did he even save my number? Pfft, I saw my friends they were all clingy with their boyfriends they even went to party after the last paper. And then there's me standing with my books watching them from far wishing I'd be in a relationship too. Sigh. I don't get it I seriously don't. Sometimes I feel great that I'm single then I feel frustrated that I'm lonely. Is it just me?

   Talking about boys, Jin quitted Mr.Yiruma's class. I feel at an ease. I wouldn't have to doll myself for him every time I go to piano class and my heart wouldn't have to shrink so hard every time we catch each other's eyes. I'm relieved he stopped going there. I still can see him in campus. Even if we take different courses but we're still under the same roof. 

   I asked him why he quitted when we had a charity event going on around campus. That was the only opportunity to talk to him. I'm glad I took it. At least I know why he quitted. He is rich, I don't blame him taking private lessons. 

   Joy asked me yesterday who I like. I told her I liked a lot of guys. She laughed. So I told her that I have to like a lot of guys so I wouldn't be heartbroken like I always do. "Jin, Joongi, Hanuel, and maybe Chanyeol," I told her. I also said, "I don't know what'll happen so I'm just making a list of boys that suits me. If they have someone else then they're out of my list."

   Not enough I even stated to Joy the ranking, Jin is first out of the three. I sound like a player but I'm just being cautious. And guess what Joy told me after that, "Hanuel and Joongi are interested in IU the girl from drama club in campus." So I said, "Okay then. I'm all left to Jin and Chanyeol it's alright. I'm alright. IU is pretty, of course boys would like her."

   I can't lie that I didn't feel sad. I did just a little. I hope Jin isn't the typical kind of guy who likes, beautiful and rich girls. Cause I don't have those. I'm just an ordinary girl. Who would love to be in love. People say 'If you want to be loved, learn to love yourself first' , I absolutely adore myself. But still no guy is interested in giving their heart to me. It's hard being a victim (referring to the boy who stole aka thief your heart). Even so, I won't give up? Wait here diary I'm going to text Jin.

   30 minutes has passed. Sorry I ignored you diary. Wait he's online. He has seen my message. Oh...he's offline now. He didn't even reply me. A simple 'ok' would do but nope nothing just a bluetick. What's this? Does this mean he doesn't like me the way I think he is? Lets just wait a bit more.

   Nothing. He's shy. I know he's that type of guy who doesn't posts on snap chats but is still online. So basically I'm just going to assume he's just shy. Well, if he doesn't like me then who? Krystal? I've seen her before. That day she came to pick him up. On Christmas, I saw her at his doorstep. His family seemed really happy to see her. They are friends since kindergarten after all.

   Am I jealous? I think I am. She's pretty, no she's beautiful and rich and knows him better than I do...I really like Jin. If he likes her, I should back off. I don't like chasing guys who like other girls. But if he does like her, doesn't Krystal have a boyfriend? She is popular back in our high school years. I'm sure she had one. Then again, it's not possible if Jin and Krystal likes each other. 

   Guess this year is another year to be single again. That's enough for today. Happy New Year diary.

 

Her diary, 1 January 2025

Aloha diary,

   I just finished watching mean girls. I can't get over the movie even till now. It's still one of my favorites. To round up 2024 in a nutshell, I don't know. Kai and me seem to fade away. I find myself going to Jin recently. He's handsome, rich and cute. I've never seen him this way before. His grown so well. On Christmas, I told mommy and daddy that I'd like to take a visit to Jin's house. They sure seemed delightful sending me there. Why do I feel like they approved him as my husband?

   A silly thought.

   All I remember that day, Jin opened the door for me. "Come in," he said. His hoarse voice seemed to seduce me. But I behaved like a good girl. I kept reminding myself that I have a boyfriend. Jin didn't talk much. I talked a lot with his little sisters and his mother. Girl talk, shopping of course. I catch myself staring at him in the corner of the room, playing the piano. He's improved a lot the last time I saw him play was in fifth grade, he was playing 'Over The Rainbow'.

   The guy doesn't talk much. I wonder have he ever been interested in me. People say childhood friends are always destined to be partners. Oops, there I go again forgetting that I'm someone's girlfriend. Long distance relationships is so hard. I don't know how Kai's doing and what he's doing. I trust him. But I'm worried about me. What if suddenly Jin confesses to me? I really do feel like he likes me. What should I do if that happens? I'm thirsty of love.

   I'm exhausted partying with the girls. Nighty night diary may 2025 be my year~

 

 

Unknown diary, 2 January 2025

It's me,

   I went to CoffeeSmith but she wasn't there. A staff suddenly came up to me and asked me if I was searching for you . "Yes. No, I mean yes. I haven't seen her." The staff then told me she'd be back next week. "She had her finals, that's why.". So I was right, she took a break for something important. I wonder what she got. She is quite smart. I'll just come here again next week. I can't wait.

 

My diary, 11 January 2025

Dear diary, I love m schedule! It's perfect. I don't have rush things about campus and the cafe. Yay!

   When I got back to the cafe in the evening, I couldn't help myself but to smell a bag full of coffee beans. I love the aroma. I was five minutes early before I'm on shift. With only five minutes remaining, I tested the calibration of the espresso grind and made a couple of shots. I was ecstatic when they times out perfectly the first time. Not wanting to be wasteful-and in dire need of a pick-me-up- I poured them into a cup, added a couple of pumps of vanilla and a bit of cold milk,and downed the drink in one gulp.

   Even with the added ingredients the richness of the coffee hit my palate in all the right places. It was bold but smooth and lingered in the back of my mouth. The drink was glorious, and I completely understood why everyone was irrationally obsessed with out coffee.

   It was just delicious. "Welcome back." I choked when two of the other barristers walk in. I quickly wear my apron. The bell rang a sign a customer has walked in while I duck down over the counter to arrange the cups down there and then there was a familiar voice, "I'll have an iced hazelnut macchiato." When i looked over the counter it was Jin. I was absolutely surprised. We met eyes and I know he was also surprised to see me working here. "Okay," I answered him.

   Once I had the cup half full, I topped it off with milk, ice and 2 shots of espresso. I nervously handed him his drink. I couldn't look at him in the eye but I could see that his hands were in his pockets. He then placed his money on the counter. "Thank you," he said and left. I saw his back walking out. It seemed cold. I stared at him a good five second when he then vanishes to the outside. I suddenly felt really sad. Jin didn't even smile at me. Was it because I work as a barista? Or is it just his nature? Do I look pathetic?

   There's a lot of questions I wanted to ask. Was he just too shy? Now I'm not sure if he's also into me. I guess I was drifting alone...

 

His diary, 11 January 2025

Hello diary, stopping by Coffee Smith in the morning as people kept saying their coffee is the best.. 

   The first week was not bad. But I have some projects I glottal do pronto before due date. Restless nights, I guess I'm working hard this year. Nope,not going to fail any more papers. Got to set my mind straight. Diligent-Study-Games-Study-Exam-Great. Yes. That's what I should do. I kept repeating it in my head. The bell rang as I opened the cafe door. There was no one handling the counter until, I saw a familiar eye peeking down the counter. She looked surprised. 

   I was more surprised to see her. How could she? I mean out of all places why do we always bump into each other? She works here? She stood awkwardly. Before she says anything I quickly ordered my drink, Iced Hazelnut Mocchiato. She nodded and smiled a bit? It wasn't a full smile but I know she was smiling as she turned to make my drink. Suddenly my hands felt out of place. I was nervous so to calm myself I put my hands in my pockets. 

   After putting two shots of espresso, I knew my drink was about to be served. Even before I could lip my lips, she came back to the counter and handed my drink. I placed the money on the counter as I look at her. But she was not looking towards me. I thanked her and quickly left. As I walk to the door calmly, I wished I turned back and look at her one more time. Cause somehow I felt like she was staring at my back. Or was she not?

   Now that's a mystery.

 

Unknown diary, 11 January 2025

It's me, 

   I've finished my classes early I've decided to go see you . Watching her smile and laughs, would totally make my day, I thought. I took an uber and when I arrived as I stepped out the car, I saw a guy possibly the same age as me walking in the cafe. I ignored him and thanked the uber driver. I made my way to the cafe with light footsteps. I couldn't wait to see her.

   The bell chimed as I walked in. I stopped for awhile and found her peeking down from the counter. I smiled watching how cute she was. But when she perfectly stood up to take the customer's order, I could see the change of her facial expressions. She looked surprised. From behind, I could tell it was the guy I saw earlier from outside. I watch them out of curiosity. "You're here again," said a staff. I smiled to her and told her to be quiet. I didn't want you to notice my presence, not yet. 

   They seemed so awkward. The atmosphere wasn't friendly. After the guy thanked her, I glanced at him as he leaves. I then turned to look at her. She was sweating and I could tell she wasn't comfortable with the guy she served earlier. Come to think of the guy, he looked like those popular guys back in high school. If so, does she like him? She looked sad.

   But it was so awkward, they were so uncomfortable, if you like someone why does it feel suffocating? Diary...am I too late? I really like her and I'm sure this time. I wasn't sure when we graduated back in high school but I'm positive that I'm inlove with her now that I see her. Just thinking of flying to USA leaving her felt like...something I would never do.

 

My diary, 30 April 2025

Dear diary, I have made my mind to take my heart back from Jin. He stole it, well to be honest I gave my heart away.

   So I have decided to take it back. I'm tired of waiting for something that wouldn't happen. I'm sick of it. My friends know about my feelings towards Jin. They all told me how boys are stupid nowadays and that girls have to make the first move. 

   I just can't. First move? More like first failure. I look back at my boys list. There's only Chanyeol left. I don't know about him. I'm just, I'm still sad about the fact Jin has never said a word to me. Now that the Charity Association has dissolved, we rarely talk to each other. Okay, I'm totally in my own wonderland. Truthfully we haven't even had a real conversation. I'm glad I've decided on quitting being Alice.

   I waited for the bus, I missed the first. See how unlucky I am? I open a book, just to make time fly when then Chanyeol sat beside me. I certainly called him by his name and smiled as he looked at me. I ask him, "You take this bus too?" He answered a simple yes. It has been the first time I'm sitting close to him ever since high school. Not to make it awkward I randomly asked how his teeth are growing. "Fine," he answered and said, "Why?"

   While laughing I told him, "They say If your wisdom tooth has grown, you won't grow taller," I . He laughed with me telling me he that he'd check it out again if it truly has fully grown or not. I pushed his shoulder wait I think I slapped his shoulder telling how stupid he was. Chanyeol sure has some sense of humor. I thought he was a shy nerd guy. Guess I was wrong.

   We took the bus together. I apologized to him if it might've hurt his feelings. He used to be shorter than me but now he's taller. We didn't sit as there were no empty seats. So we both had to stand, holding onto parts of the seat. It was peak hour, people were rushing to get home. As the bus was packed I accidently pushed someone's shoulder. The guy looked like the same age as me. He stared at me then suddenly scolded me for being careless.

   "Hey, it's not like you're the only one being pushed and shoved in here. And I'm sure you've done the same thing to others. If you're feeling stuffed in here please don't take your anger on others."

   I froze when I heard Chanyeol's voice. "Are you defending her? Tsk," the guy said and turned away. I was amazed that Chanyeol actually defended me. It reminded me when we were in high school. I was laughing and talking at the same time with Doojoon and my saliva started flying on Doojoon's face. "Seriously? You're spitting at me as you talk?" He said sarcastically. I apologized and at the same time Chanyeol hitted Doojoon's face with his book. Then Heechul who was there started teasing me, "What girl talks and spits their saliva?"

   That's when suddenly Chanyeol interrupted saying, "C'mon, it's not like you've never done it before. Everyone has. It's nothing funny."

   Oh Em Gee. What is this? Dejavoo? I felt butterflies in my stomach. 

 

Unknown diary, 30 April 2025

It's me,

   I had to stop at the grocery shop so I decided to take the bus. When I walked towards the bus stop, I could see she was there sitting down with an open book on her lap.  Bravely, I walked up to her and sat right beside her. I've never been so close to her before. We've never sat side by side so it was a new thing for me. I sure had the courage to do that, well I am a man after all. My eyes scattered on the floor.

   I had no intention to disturb her reading when then I noticed her in the corner of my eye that she was looking at me. "Chanyeol?" She called my name, making me turn my head towards her and catch her beautiful smile from the side. She asked me if I'm taking the same bus as she is. "Yes," I answered her. She then asked me a funny question, "Have your teeth all grown?" 

Obviously I laughed and asked why and she told me about the wisdom tooth related to height. I knew she was teasing my height as I was not so tall in high school. But I wasn't offended as I know she wanted to make me feel comfortable.

   When the bus arrived she apologized about earlier. See? She's nice. She just loves to make sarcasm this is why I like her. She's that dorky,cute,smart,nice type of girl. The bus was packed so we had to stand. People kept shoving and pushing and I notice how she was carefully being cautious not to hurt anyone. As I watch her back, the bus braked and she accidently bumped against a guy making him pushed a little further. The guy turned to her and scolded her.

   I was boiling when the guy scolded her. She did nothing wrong and it was just a slight bump. I couldn't just stand there and do nothing so I interrupted the guy and said what I had to say. He then asked me if I was on her side. I just looked at him in the eye until he turned away. From her back, I could tell she was surprised and embarrassed of what had happened. I didn't dare to ask her if she was okay as I wanted her to cool down first.