Bye

His Diary, Her Diary, My Diary & the unknown

His Diary, 4 May 2025

Hello Diary, I don't see her quite often now.

   She's not there, the stairs she always take with her friends to get to her Biology class. Is she absent?

 

Unknown Diary, 16 June 2025

It's me diary,

   I studied in the cafe as usual and I heard from the staffs about her. They say she's leaving overseas for good. Are they joking? That makes no sense. She's doing just fine here, why go abroad? Wait, I'm going to leave too. But where is she going? I need to know. I watched her across the room, arranging coffee beans. She's about to leave the cafe. I hesitated to either go talk to her or just stay put.

 

My Diary, 16 June 2025

Dear diary, I pranked my co-workers.

   Told them through text that I'd be staying in Chicago. I had to act as if I was gloomy. It was fun seeing how flustered they are. That just shows how much they love me. I am the best barista. It's funny how everyone in the group chat started arguing on why I had to leave the country. Rowoon and Chanhyuk fought really hard in the chat asking for the truth. I told Bora that it was a prank and she kept telling me how concerned is Rowoon and Chanhyuk is about me. I'll tell the rest the truth tomorrow.

   I walked out of the cafe still in action to not get caught. My ankles hurt as I played really hard on our University's sport day,  so I'll be taking an mc(medical leave) tomorrow. Oh good, then if I don't come tomorrow, then they'd still think I'm moving to Chicago. This is getting interesting. They'll really miss me now.

 

Her Diary, 17 June 2025

Olaha Diary,

   Dad gave me permission to fly to Kai. He even sponsored my studies. I'm so glad we're rich. I can't wait to see him. Kai sent me a letter, should I accept it? I mean, we can just meet up once I've arrived at the airport. Okay so I've opened it. It wrote, 'I'm breaking up with you'. I was so taken-aback when I read the first sentence. But then I found something in the cover; A ring. I hear WEDDING BELLS.

 

Unknown Diary, 21 June 2025

It's me diary, 

  I haven't seen her for four days.  I couldn't go to the cafe yesterday due to a pack schedule, and I knew she doesn't work on Sundays anyway. I sit at my favorite corner in the cafe. Right then, the bell rang and there she was smiling as she walked in but she wasn't in her uniform. "Hey I thought you moved to Chicago why are you here?" said Rowoon a guy barista, at the counter. She smiled to him.

   All the others were smirking sarcastically to her. That's when I realized, she was just pranking with them. I found myself smiling. She caught me smiling and walked towards my direction. "Hey," she said. "Did you know that there's a lady selling fish skewers(fish cake soup) at the end of this lane? Mind buying it for me?" She continued. I told her sure and that I'll give her the money cause she once payed for my meal so it'd be may pay back. 

    But she then told me that her ankles hurt and she can't walk down there. I looked as her as she looked like she was bluffing and told her, "My legs hurt too." Her expressions changed. She was sulking. I just smiled how cute she was. To be honest I declined to go and buy it for her cause I didn't want to have expectations that she likes me and thinks to myself stupidly that she does. 

   "C'mon, don't be like that. I'll give you the money really, I''ll pay for it but you have to buy it yourself." She then turns away and said "It's alright then..." Does her ankles really hurt? Did I say something wrong? I then left the cafe after I got my coffee as I didn't feel uncomfortable.

 

My Diary, 21 June 2025

Dear Diary, I told them last night through text that I was lying and they were all so mad.

   When I arrived in the cafe they were all looking at me. Rowoon sarcastically questioned my presence. I told them I didn't came the past days, cause my ankles hurt badly. I saw Chanyeol and approached him. Joy advised me to be really straightforward towards the guy I like. So I asked Chanyeol If he could buy me the fish skewers down this lane. 

   Google told me if guys like you, they'd open their wallet for you. So here's my chance to know his feelings. "Urm, okay I will but you gotta go buy it yourself," he said. He did open his wallet but telling me to buy it myself? Well, that was not my expectation. My ankles hasn't fully recovered yet. And so i told him about my aching ankles and then he said his legs hurt too.

   Seriously?

   I suddenly felt like I was the only one having high hopes on him. He told me he really is serious about paying my skewers but to go there, he told me to do it myself. I guess he's thinking I'm a beggar. Me trying to flirt...failed.

 

His Diary, 14 October 2025

Hello diary, Krystal left to Kai. It's been a month. I just knew she left yesterday. For some reason I keep thinking of her. She is my crush. Used to be.

   Anyways, It's birthday today and I really wish her to wish me. I wish I get to see her today. And there she was, sitting under the oak tree reading her books. Can't she notice me? I wish she'd look up. I decided to linger around until she notices me.

   Our eyes connected. She quickly looked away. I also turned away too and I find myself walking further away from her. I'm nervous. Doesn't she remember my birthday? I remember when we were in high school, she wished my as we were passing by each other. Did she forget? I looked back. Asking myself should I confess or not.What if she doesn't like me? She doesn't look that interested. I'm not going to let myself be embarrassed. Hence, I left.Leaving my feels too.

 

My Diary, 14 October 2025

Dear diary, today is his birthday.

   I don't want to go wish him like everyone else. He didn't wish me when it was my birthday, that'd just obviously make me look like I like him. He's so quiet and so hard to read. Now that Chanyeol's off my dream guy list, guess Jin's my only hope. But then again, ugh I don't know I hate going back and forth wondering who Jin is interested in. Is it me? Or some other girl? Krystal? Me? I hate this curiosity.

   As I was studying under the oak tree in the middle of the campus, I had to take a break from eating my books so I looked up and then I saw Jin. Our eyes met. I had to look away as I was already blushing. After minutes knowing that he's gone, I look back to the place he was standing. Why was he even here? Did he came to see me? Or was it just another coincidence? Should I tell him that I like him today?

   My mind drifted. If he doesn't like me, then it'll be a joke to the others. He is famous around here. Me? I guess it'd be a miracle if he is interested in me. Who am I too be liked by him? He likes, pretty girls like Krystal. Yeah...she was her crush according to EunJi. This just makes me more sad. I'm going to be single the rest of my life. Sigh.

   I can't even make the first move cause I'm too scared.

I took the bus to go home. I sat near the window. I ask myself, "Why do guys that I like, don't ever like me back? What do those girls that they're interested in that I don't have?" . I knew from that moment, I had to move on. Even if I had a lot of dream guys I'd never be noticed by anyone of them. But if I had to choose between Jin and Chanyeol, I really liked Jin...

   "Are you okay?" Suddenly a familiar voice, came tickling my ears. I looked to the owner of the voice beside me. "Yea," I answered Chanyeol. No. I was not okay. How am I okay when other girls easily find their happily forever partner when I don't even have a man confessing to me? I'm so lonely, I too want to be in  a relationship. Looking at Chanyeol, I just wasn't to cry and tell him that he used to be my hope if I couldn't have Jin but I couldn't get myself to say that as I don't know his feelings and I don't want to hurt him and I just don't want to embarrass myself.

   He caught me staring and asked me what's up. I just shook my head and looked out the window trying to clear my thoughts. "I'm going to further my studies in Harvard." I had to turn to look at his face when he said that.

   "Why?" it slipped out my mouth. He told me his reason. "Good luck," i said and smiled bitterly. Chanyeol's leaving, I was truly sad. Even if he was my second option after Jin, right now I just felt like crying. I placed my eyes down to my fingers. Should I at least tell him that I once liked him before he leaves? I didn't know what to do. I'm not the first move type of person. I don't even know how the start of a relationship work.

   The bus stooped. "I like you." 

I heard him whisper...but then he wasn't there. He disappeared and the bus started moving. I was surprised and I didn't know what to do. I stood from my seat to search for him and saw him standing at the side road. I was staring at him thinking what should I do. He likes me, i need to do something. I knew I had to do something.

    It seemed like in dramas, I pushed the stop button alerting the bus driver that he needs to pull over. I was already far from him. I ran. I didn't wanted to lose him. It's my frist time a guy I like confess to me. I called him as I couldn't find him. It was my first calling him. He didn't pick up. He didn't...

 

Unknown diary, 14 October 2025

It's me diary,

   I didn't go to the cafe as recently as I used to. And I've decided to go to Harvard. I took the bus just incase I'll bump in to her. When I got in, she was already sitting down by the window. She looked sad. Does she know about me leaving? I sat beside her and asked her if she was okay. She said she was but I can tell from her face she wasn't. I notice her staring at me. 

   "What's wrong?" I asked her. She shook her head a sign that there's nothing wrong and looked back to the window. Is she acting like this because she know that I'm leaving to the states? Or is it because of something else?  

   So I told her that I'm leaving to see her reaction. She turned to me and asked why. That moment, I knew she was not sad because of me , it was probably because of something else. I told her my reason. After listening to me, she told me to break a leg when I'm there and smiled. 

   Suddenly I confessed to her when the bus made a pit stop. Quickly I get off the bus. At least I said it. Whatever she feels, it's up to her. If she likes me back then, she should be chasing me but she didn't. After seconds watching the bus leave, I turned my back and walked home. My phone kept ringing and I bet that was mom asking where I am. I left it be but after the third ring, I knew I had to pick up the call.

   "Where are you?" I could hear her breathing heavily through the phone.