b for beauty

the abc of sekai

Beauty; noun – A good or appealing part of something.

 

Kim Jongin’s definition of beauty is simple. For him, anything can be beautiful, especially if there is something good comes with it. When he was six years old, his kindergarten teacher allows them to have half an hour break each day, around 10:00 a.m. and that specific time is allocated for the children to sleep. To get their rest, to make their brain shuts off for a while and just enjoy the calm surrounding of the room. For Kim Jongin, that sleeping part is something beautiful. And, of course, for him, something beautiful must have something good as their partner. Being able to sleep and not caring about anything else for a short while is his first idea of beauty.

 

 

“Hey,” Kim Jongin smiles at the sight of Oh Sehun holding a tray that consists of two plates fried rice, slices of apple and two glasses of orange juice.

“We will live a healthy lifestyle today since you decide to buy burger and fries yesterday.”

Kim Jongin chuckles shortly while lifting both of his shoulders up, does not bother in arguing with his boyfriend. They have made a clear agreement in the last five years, they will eat a matching set of lunch and dinner, whenever possible. Having same classes everyday make the agreement stays true up until this day.

He quickly arranges the plates and cutlery neatly for both of them when Oh Sehun excused himself to wash his hand.

“Same food again?”

Kim Jongin smiles when he hears that question, tilting his head sideways as he watches their mutual friend, Do Kyungsoo, places his own tray beside Oh Sehun’s usual seat, which is right across Kim Jongin’s.

“Always.”

And, for Kim Jongin, this is one of his definitions for beauty. Being able to have something to eat and the good part is, Oh Sehun is there to maintain this constant beauty in his life.

 

 

“Oh, crap!”

“Why?” Oh Sehun glances at Kim Jongin for a moment, wondering why his partner in love suddenly stop singing along with the radio.

“I just remembered, I am almost running out of stuffs to cook.”

“Easy, we will just visit the grocery store now.”

Kim Jongin smiles affectionately at Oh Sehun, placing his right hand on the other male’s thigh and squeeze it lightly. The way Oh Sehun’s lips curl upward when he does that is also Kim Jongin’s definition of beauty. And, he knows, their shared love is something good that comes with this kind of beauty.

 

 

“Anything else you want?”

Kim Jongin looks at the price of his favourite fish, seabass, for the tenth time. It is kind of pricey than usual but he wants to cook the fish for Oh Sehun, wanting to show off his new recipe.

While he was calculating in his head, Oh Sehun just shakes his head and instantly take the fish and place it inside the plastic, asking the person in charge to validate it.

“Hey!”

“You have been staring at that board forever, might as well buy it if you really want it. I will pay, don’t worry.”

Kim Jongin wonders what will the consequences be if he just takes Oh Sehun’s lips right at this moment with his own because he is tempted to taste this sweet kind of beauty.

 

 

“Hey, help me take a picture? I haven’t update my Instagram for almost one week already.”

Kim Jongin agrees and takes out his phone, trusting that no matter what brand the phone is, Oh Sehun’s beauty will still glow, radiating and shining brightly.

He takes a few steps back, suggesting Oh Sehun how should he stand and pose for the picture as he has always been the photogenic one and even if he is not the one who is in front of the camera, he knows at what angle does Oh Sehun looks the best.

The moment Oh Sehun smiles straight into the camera as if he is looking at Kim Jongin directly, Kim Jongin swears he forget everything except one word and the person that comes with it.

Beauty and Oh Sehun.