a for absence

the abc of sekai

absence; noun - the state of being away from a place or a person.

 

 

[ kkt → jongin ] are you done?

[ kkt → sehun ] not going, bye.

 

oh sehun stares at his phone in disbelief before automatically kicking his own bed before immediately wincing in pain once he realized what he just did. he has classes from 8:00 a.m. until 5:00 p.m. today, with little breaks in between and kim jongin decides to dump him and let him stay alone in this stressful misery. all of his classes match with kim jongin and they will always go to the classes together, sit together, make some stupid jokes about the lecturers together, eat their lunchs accross one another. and now what? he need to do everything by his own today?

he kicks his bed again at the thought of that and just like before, he winces in pain but this time, he does not forget to curse kim jongin's name under his breath.

 

 

the sound of pen being tapped against a desk is painfully annoying when it is made by others but somehow, when you are the one who do it, you never realize how burning the stares that others give you, brutally asking you to stop that kind of act. and that is what kim jongdae does as oh sehun keep tapping his pen on his desk, eyes focusing on the lecturer's note while his mind is actually thinking about kim jongin.

"hey, where is jongin?"

"he is dead."

kim jongdae snorts lowly, not wanting to attract any attention from the lecturer. kim jongin's absence or oh sehun's absence from class always make the other person grumpy so this sight is totally nothing new to kim jongdae. he nudges byun baekhyun's side, pointing to oh sehun's misery state with his nose. being a busybody person, byun baekhyun always know how to make oh sehun pisses off.

"little sehunnie's boyfriend is gone~"

"shut up. he is not my boyfriend."

kim jongdae and byun baekhyun snorts in union, knowing that one single line by heart already.

"so that's all for today, do not forget to submit the tutorial by next class. dismiss."

oh sehun does not think twice and he does not even bother when he becomes the first person to get out from the class, announcing how unwilling his attendance is. his right hand roams around his bag for a while before taking his phone out, tapping the keyboard furiously before hitting the send button.

[ kkt → jongin ] i hate you.

[ kkt → jongin ] why did you leave me alone.

[ kkt → jongin ] just so you know, i am not going to let you borrow my notes.

[ kkt → jongin ] learn everything by your own.

[ kkt → sehun ] buy me some foods.

[ kkt → jongin ] no.

oh sehun rolls his eyes at kim jongin's ignorance toward his hate spam as the other person focuses on food instead. right, that is all kim jongin knows. food food food. 

[ kkt → sehun ] and buy me some medicine later.

[ kkt → sehun ] my forehead is burning.

oh sehun's eyes goes wide at that last message, immediately getting out from his line at the cafe and making sure his phone does not slip out from his grip as he hurriedly run to his car, thinking what does people with fever eats to feel better. he unlocks his car quick, not caring anymore about his other two classes as he drives out from the parking spot, heading first to the pharmacy to buy some medicines.

 

 

"so you want to buy anything that can heal a person who is down with a fever?"

"hm, yes? why?"

"okay then?"

the pharmacist looks at oh sehun with a weird look, not really sure what kind of medicine should he give this to the frantic young man who seem like he could not stand still. 

"thank you."

oh sehun places exact amount of money on top of the counter once the cashier voices out the total amount of money he need to pay, quickly making his way out to his car while heading to the nearest mc donalds drive thru to buy two servings of porridge. though he is not a fan of porridge, he does not have the heart to eat their mutual favorite, double cheese burger, in front of sick kim jongin. however, he could not resist himself from ordering a breakfast set, consisting pancakes and sausages. he drives to kim jongin's house, remembering the route by heart until he really think he can drive there with his eyes closed. except that he would not do that since it is really dangerous.

he parks his car at the basement's parking space, holding a plastic bag of medicine and two plastic bags of food with his right hand as he get out from his car. even though he does not live in this apartment, the route to the lift's lobby is something that he never forgets ever since kim jongin moves there two years ago. tapping the access card to gain entry to kim jongin's level, he taps his left leg impatiently as it feels like forever for the elevator to reach level 11. 

he turns to his left once he reaches the level, pressing 9494 to unlock kim jongin's apartment door, looking around the interior design of the house to spot his boyfriend. boy friend. he places all of the plastic bags on top of the kitchen counter, along with his bag and phone before making his way to kim jongin's room.

he sighs in relief when he sees kim jongin's figure on the bed, snuggling inside his favorite blanket that oh sehun gave to him when they were 15 years old. he takes off his socks and lift the blanket up so he can join kim jongin, cuddling him from behind to announce his arrival.

"sehun?"

"shut up."

and kim jongin swears he hears that shut up as an affectionate sound of love, smiling through his fever and sweaty forehead, resting himself in the lovely arms of oh sehun.