inked

sinrin one shots

“Could this sentence be any more ridiculous…really.” Yerin mumbles as she stares at the words inked on her upper arm.

Maybe Yerin was wrong for thinking that the first words of her soulmate would be something romantic or at the least, sensical. Because now, no matter how much she stared that the black ink on her arm, it didn’t make any sense. At all.

Yerin stared at the words for a second longer before hearing her phone go off.

You know, the man who created this also invented the toaster strudel, crazy, right?

“Hey, Eunha. Yeah…I’ll be there in a bit, I’ve got something to show you guys.”

 

Eunha snickered. “How romantic,”

Yerin huffed and rolled her eyes. “Shut up. Anyway, what does this even mean? What guy? What did he create? And, the toaster strudel, really?”

Eunha and Sowon started cracking up, their obnoxious laughter giving Yerin a headache.

After a while, Eunha collected herself and placed a hand on her friend’s shoulder. “Cheer up, Yerin. Ours wasn’t that romantic either.”

“Are you joking? Sowon’s first words to you were literally, ‘you’re the most beautiful girl I’ve ever seen’. And Umji’s was ‘What’s your name, beautiful?’. This isn’t even remotely fair!” Yerin whined, throwing herself back against the couch and pouting like a child.

Umji poked the older girl’s cheek. “Don’t worry, Yerin. I’m sure whoever your soulmate is, they’ll be lovely. You can’t base their whole character off one wacky sentence.”

Yerin frowned, mumbling. “Whatever,”

 

“Is this real?!” Sowon exclaimed, bursting into a fit of laughter while Eunha hit her shoulder to get her to stop.

“Wow…your soulmate sounds, uh, humorous?” Yuju said, scratching the back of her head, at a loss for words.

“The…toaster…strudel…I can’t breathe.” Sowon got out in between loud laughter, having to lean against one of the lockers to control herself.

Eunha shook her head in disapproval at her girlfriend, whispering something in her ear that had Sowon serious in a matter of two seconds.

Not like Yerin cared, anyway. Of course, their first instinct would be to laugh, I mean hell, even Yerin thought it was kind of funny at first.

You know, until she thought about how embarrassing it was that they didn’t sound even remotely romantic or cute, especially compared to her friends.

Sowon sighed and went to drape an arm over Yerin’s shoulders. “Hey, it’s totally fine. I like the message, it means she’s funny, good sense of humor, it’s a good thing!”

Though the older girl tried to lighten Yerin’s mood, the sulking girl just gave a slight smile. “Yeah, I guess. It’s just a little annoying considering your guy’s first words were so sweet.”

Eunha rolled her eyes. “Her words were deceiving, she’s not anywhere near romantic as I thought from hearing her words.”

Sowon’s mouth dropped open. “Hey! That’s not true at all! I’m always doing romantic things for you and taking you out. Even just a couple days ago I- “

Yerin just stood there with a depressed expression on her face, while Eunha facepalmed.

“I think she was just saying that to try to make Yerin feel better, dude.” Yuju said, lowering her voice and though it was directed to Sowon, Yerin heard every bit and huffed, walking away from the group of girls.

Eunha strolled over and hit Sowon’s arm. “Idiot! You should’ve played along!”

“Ow! I’m sorry, alright? How the hell was I supposed to know what you were trying to do?” Sowon yelled, rubbing her arm.

Umji leaned her head on Yuju’s shoulder and they both walked away as the other couple continued to bicker. “Why do we hang out with them?”

Yuju laughed, wrapping her arm around the girl’s shoulders. “You tell me,”

 

“Yerin, get up. You can’t stay in bed forever, you’ll rot to death at this rate.” Eunha tried to peel back the covers Yerin had over her head and in return, Yerin just groaned.

“Good.”

Eunha sighed, sitting on Yerin’s bed. “Don’t tell me you’re still upset about the tattoo,”

Yerin sprang up in her bed and frowned. “Of course, I’m still upset about the tattoo!”

“Why though?”

Yerin ran her hand though her hair and flung her hands in the air. “You already know why!”

Yerin watched as Eunha suddenly turned serious. The short haired girl shook her head.

“No, actually I don’t. You’re embarrassed that your soulmate’s words aren’t some sappy, corny, lines from a romantic comedy? Get over it, Yerin. Does it even really matter that much? Because either way, that’s the person you’ll be spending the rest of your life with, regardless of some stupid words that come out of their mouth. You’ll fall in love anyway, that guarantees it.” Eunha points to her upper arm as she finishes with a determined look on her face.

Yerin blinks. She doesn’t remember Eunha getting this serious about something in a long time, so for some reason the words hit her like a brick.

“So, get up and take a shower, please. It smells like something died in here. We’re going out.” Eunha gets up and leaves the girl’s room, leaving Yerin sitting in bed with much to think about and seemingly not enough time to get it all in order.

“How did it go for you when you met Sowon? I mean…does it feel like love at first sight? What happens after?” Yerin asks, the two sat down in a food court somewhere in the mall now, eating Chinese food together.

Eunha laughs, shaking her head and taking a bite of her food before looking away in thought. “I can’t really explain how it felt, Yerin. The only thing I could really say is that it feels like you’re suddenly meeting a part of you that you’ve been missing all along…it feels complete. Why are you asking this anyway?” Yerin noticed the dreamy look Eunha got in her eyes when she brought up the feeling of meeting Sowon and she smiled softly to herself, wanting nothing more to be able to feel that for herself. The couple was awfully sweet together.

“Just curious,” Yerin mumbles, picking at her food.

“As for what happens after, I’m not really sure how to answer that. Their your soulmate, so you just live, happily, with them. It’s as simple as that, but to describe the feeling of that is something I can’t do. It’s just love, you know?”

Yerin nods, chewing her food slowly and looking down.

No, I don’t know. That’s the problem.

 

“Are you excited for the field trip next week?” Umji asks the group of girls that were all sitting at the lunch table.

“Ecstatic,” Yerin answered sarcastically, throwing her hands in the air for dramatic affect.

“It’s supposed to be pretty cool; the museum I mean. I think it’ll be fun. I’ll probably just be taking pictures of everything.” Sowon answered.

Yuju tilted her head. “Isn’t that not allowed in some parts of the museum?”

Sowon raised a brow. “Your point is?”

Yerin snickered at her friend and flung a piece of chicken at her.

“Hey!”

 

The next week came by all too soon and before Yerin could process anything, everyone was boarding on the school bus. Yerin ended up sitting next to Yuju and Sowon, which was kind of great because it meant she wouldn’t be third wheeling like she usually does.

The goof around on the bus, until they finally arrive at the museum.

It really wasn’t all that great, Yerin thinks as the class walks around and observes some of the sculptures and pictures framed across the whole place.

Her, Sowon and Yuju were together for the most part, since Eunha and Umji got taken into a different group and were touring different parts of the place.

“Alright ladies and gentlemen, this very piece here is a very famous one. Created in 1927…” Yerin spaced out as the tour guy continued to go on and on about the sculpture, stating random facts and things that Yerin wasn’t really interested in hearing, so she just kind of started to zone out.

Next thing she knows, she’s wondering off without the rest of the group, (which only makes her feel a little rebellious considering they were told specifically to stay together always) and stops at a certain sculpture that caught her eye.

It looked like nonsense and it seemed like whoever made this was probably on some sort of drug, but nevertheless it’s what drew Yerin to it. It seemed to be a man sitting down with his arms around his legs while meaningless mini sculptures surrounded him like a bunch of tiny clouds. Now thinking of it, it was sort of depressing and putting a serious damper on Yerin’s already not so happy mood.

Though, just as she was about to walk away and inspect a different one, she hears a voice beside her speak.

“You know, the man who created this also invented the toaster strudel, crazy, right?”

Yerin stopped moving, and probably stopped breathing too.

The words on that were inked across her arm tingled and she felt her heart leap.

No. Way.

Not wanting to turn around, somewhat scared of what would happen, she takes a deep breath and does it anyway, finally meeting the owner of the completely ridiculous and nonsensical words.

Upon seeing the girl that stood now in front of her, her heart rate spiked and her arm seemed to tingle even more now, almost to the point of it being painful.

Yerin couldn’t feel anything. She wasn’t even sure what was going on. All she knew was that the girl she had so curious and impatient to meet, her soulmate, was standing just a few feet away from her and she was probably the most beautiful thing she’s ever seen. Yerin thinks there should be a museum dedicated to her instead of these lousy sculptures.

“Really?” Yerin croaked out, suddenly feeling dry as the girl smiled at her.

The mystery girl laughs out and shakes her head, her cheeks becoming a beautiful cherry blossom red as she scratches the back pf her neck.

“No. I kind of just said that so I could talk to you. Was it terrible?”

For some reason, Yerin feels like crying as she feels tears form in her eyes and she tries desperately to blink them away.

She’s completely ridiculous bur why have I already fallen for her odd charm?

Yerin lets out a breathy laugh, bringing her hand up to quickly to wipe a tear that had strolled it’s way down her cheek. “No. Not at all, I like it.”

The girl smiles again and struggles to not let her knees give out. The girl is suddenly approaching her and before Yerin can register anything, is touching her arm.

“Roll up your sleeve,” The girl’s voice is soft and it’s a mumbled request that Yerin couldn’t seem to deny. She’d probably do anything she asked.

Yerin quickly rolls her sleeve up, her hands shaking as she does, but it’s okay because the girl takes her hands away gently and does the rest for her. There’s no words inked on Yerin’s hands, but they start to tingle to from the soft touch.

Once the sleeve is fully rolled up, just enough to reveal the tattoo, the girl stops her hands and Yerin holds her breath.

Yerin watches as the girl tilts her head to the side and brushes her fingers against the tattoo, lips parted slightly and hair coming to caress her face. She’s absolutely beautiful and Yerin can’t seem to figure out why it hurts so much.

Yerin continues to watch and drops open in amazement as the words seem to fade away when the girl’s delicate fingers glide over them.

Suddenly the girl lets out a little laugh and pulls back slightly to observe the still astonished girl’s face.

“I’m so sorry that this had to be what I first say to you, I’m a little ridiculous,”

Yerin was shaking her head even before the girl could finish was she was saying. “Don’t be. I like it. It’s certainly different,”

The girl smiles and then pulls up her sleeve to show her the tattoo on her arm that had her one word, ‘really?’ inked there.

Yerin copies her actions and glides her fingers over it, watching again as the words disappear underneath her touch.

Yerin lets her hand drop and for a second, none of the girls say anything, just taking in the very moment of finally being able to meet each other.

“I’m Sinb, nice to meet you, soulmate.”

Then Yerin’s crying and laughing and it gets to the point where she’s not sure what she’s doing but it’s okay because Sinb’s arms are around her in no time.

“Yerin.”

Sinb pulls away and studies her features, bringing up her hand to rid the tears from her eyes and smiles. “Hi Yerin, you’re beautiful.”

And I think you’re the reason for everything good in the world and your smile made me realize I don’t want it to be directed at anyone but me for as long as I live.

Once Yerin seems to get a grip on herself, she pulls back.

“You go to my school?”

Sinb shakes her head, wearing a tiny smirk that melts Yerin in a matter of seconds. “No, actually. I work here.”

“Wait, seriously? How old are you?” None of it seemed to make sense because Sinb didn’t look at all very much older than herself.

Sinb laughed. “Don’t worry, I’m seventeen and it’s just a part time job. I basically just greet people when they come in and answer questions about the place. I go to Jensen high.”

“Oh, cool.” Yerin nodded, struck by the information and wanting to know so much more but not knowing where to go from here.

“Yerin! Dude, what the hell? We’ve been looking all over for you everywhere!“

Sowon stopped once she was the other unknown girl beside Yerin and noticed their rolled-up sleeves and Yerin’s glossy eyes.

Sowon’s lips began to turn up into a teasing smirk, crossing her arms as she walked closer to them with Yuju silently following.

“Well, well, so this is toaster strudel girl?”

Yerin wanted the ground the swallow her arm because she seriously didn’t want to listen to any possible teasing remarks the girl would say.

Sinb chuckled and put her hands up in defense. “That’s me, guess I kind of earned a name for myself?”

Sowon went up to Sinb and patted her shoulder. “Most certainly, you know Yerin here a- “

Yuju pulled on Sowon’s arm. “Well, we should actually leave now. I’d hurry if I were you, they’re starting to take everyone back onto the buses. We’ll cover for you. Nice to meet you, toaster strudel girl,”

Yuju tugged Sowon away and scurried away beyond the doors to this part of the museum and made a reminder to thank Yuju for saving her from possible embarrassment.

“It seems your friend there has been waiting for my arrival,” Sinb teased, turning back to Yerin after watching the comedic scene unfold.

“She’s not the only one,” Yerin said quietly, looking up to Sinb’s beaming face when she was met with silence.

Yerin just let herself get lost in the other girl’s eyes for a while until she realized that if she didn’t hurry, the buses would leave without her. Not that she minded that much; she’d much rather stay here with Sinb, in this moment forever.

Then again, her parents would be pissed if she didn’t show up back to school.

“, I have to go or they’ll leave without me.” Yerin said, sighing at the thought of leaving so soon.

Sinb nodded in understanding and pulled out her phone. “What’s your number?”

Yerin quickly gave it to her and handed her phone back. “Text me later,”

Sinb smiled. “I will.”

Yerin was suddenly dashing down the hall, “You better, toaster strudel!”

 

It took Yerin a whole year before she could change the contact in her phone from ‘my toaster strudel’ to ‘my eunbi’ for Sinb. It had seemed time had flown by since their first meeting at the museum and now it had already been so long since they got together. Everything seemed like a blur, but Yerin remembered the important things, and even the little things that Sinb would about, but she thought it was worth it because the teasing was always accompanied with a shy smile and a kiss.

“You were right,” Yerin said, her head resting on her hand as she stared ahead at her girlfriend who was acting like a child and playing with the stuffed animals Eunha had collected throughout the many years.

Eunha looks up at her with a confused expression. “Hm?”

“You were right. When I met her it felt like I had finally found that missing part of me I never knew about until I saw her.”

Eunha followed her eyes and saw what she had been staring at.

“You’re literally so in love, it’s gross. I don’t even think me and Sowon are that bad.” Eunha says, scrunching up her face in mock disgust.

Yerin smiled and still didn’t turn to look at her, Sinb seeming much more captivating.

Yerin’s face brightened up once she noticed the girl walking her way, with a stuffed monkey in her arms.

Yerin automatically pulled her into her arms so that she was sitting on her lap.

“Hi, baby.” Yerin cooed into her hair, placing a light kiss there.

Sinb looked up and saw that Eunha was watching them, suddenly becoming shy and burying her face into Yerin’s neck, blushing.

“Alright, alright. I’ll go bother Umji or something since you guys are practically begging me to leave.” Eunha joked, getting up from the couch and leaving to the other side of the room.

Yerin chuckled and rested her head on Sinb’s, her arm. “What you got there?”

Sinb looked up and pulled the stuffed monkey up to her face, smiling brightly. “It’s a monkey! You think Eunha would notice if I stole it?”

“Probably, but I don’t think she would care. She has thousands of stuffed animals anyway.” Yerin reassured, smiling at the fact that Sinb was being extra soft today.

Sinb wrapped the monkey’s arms around Yerin’s neck playfully and giggled to herself.

Looking at her now, it all made sense. Seeing her smile, hearing her laugh, just the way she did anything. The way she would get super shy when they showed affection in front of people, and the way she was usually the one who initiated the contact when they were alone. The way she would look at her completely different to the way she would look at other people, the way she spoke to her. The way she would still hold onto her hand when they went to bed after an argument, the way she would convince her to not to be angry by acting extra cute. The way she, even after all the time that’s passed, would say extremely random comments that would always remind her of the day they met. What didn’t seem to make sense was how Yerin could’ve possibly been living her life without her. How could Yerin live each day without Sinb? She wasn’t entirely sure herself, but she doesn’t think she could ever go back to living a life where she didn’t exist in it.

“Guys, we’re making toaster strudel’s, come here!” Sowon yelled from the kitchen and Yerin rolled her eyes, detecting the teasing tone in her voice.

“I think they’ll always tease us about that,” Sinb says, moving to get up from Yerin’s lap and reaching out her hand for Yerin to take, which she did without a second thought.

Yerin smiles at Sinb and wraps an arm around her shoulders. “I think I’m okay with that.”

Sinb rests her head on Yerin’s shoulder and intertwines their fingers. “Me too.”

 

-

I saw this prompt and thought it was really cute so I wrote a little something lol I have sooo many other ideas omf, anyway thanks for reading! xoxo