Genius vs. Eccentric

Double Trouble

"Please tell me this is a joke."

Mina mutters to herself, sitting in front of Momo who's munching on a pocky stick, watching her grip the mechanical pencil in her hand. The atmosphere between them says a lot, on one side of the table sits Momo who's at peace but sitting across her, is Mina who has stacks of textbooks and papers on the right and left of her side of the table.

"This is a joke." Momo says, nonchalantly looking at a magazine of SIXTEEN. "Does that make you feel better?" The redhead shoots a glare at her while she flips to the next page and finishes up the last of her pocky sticks before finally looking back at her.

"Hmm?"

Momo absolutely has no idea how much of a struggle it is to balance study time and being a fashionista. It must be nice having a smart brain, Mina thinks, though the blonde does weird stuff with hers instead.

She grumbles to herself, which Momo notices and one second later, she's finding herself dodging tangerines and pears being thrown at her from the small fruit bowl situated on the desk in front of her, "Whoa there!"

If Mina doesn't study, she'll become nuts just like this, Momo thinks as a tangerine went flying by her head.

A couple of knocks on the door, and the two quickly scramble to clear out the mess that Mina made in the span of 0.3 seconds, which Momo does so by swatting the fruits under the table and Mina by casually covering them with books and the blanket which she yanked off of Momo's lap, leaving the blonde to deal with the chilly air coming from the a/c.

"Wha-"

Mina's mother pops into the redhead's room to give them snacks to eat when she's really checking on them, or rather, Mina's tutoring progress.

"How's the tutoring session going so far, girls?" Mina's mother smiles while Momo smiles back at her and says, "Mina's math skills are very....peculiar."

"Oh, is that so? I hope you aren't bothered by my sudden request, thank you for making time to tutor my foolish daughter." A glint twinkles at her eye, and Momo already knows where Mina's sharp traits have come from. 

Momo shakes her head, "Oh, no it's fine." She has to be polite, though she'd rather bribe Jeongyeon with a new lego set or nail polish and make her tutor Mina in her stead.

The scene made Mina almost roll her eyes, but she hasn't yet because her mother's put her under something similar to house arrest, but without an ankle monitor or something.

Oh boy, here we go again, Mina's eyes squint as Momo smiles innocently, which she knows Momo plans to say something like: "Oh, your daughter has great English speaking skills but her math skills on the other hand," and she lets out a dramatic sigh.

Mina is glaring at her, at the same time she hopes the blonde doesn't say anything about her test scores or grades to her mother, she plans to bombard her with threats if she does pull something like this.

Once her mother leaves, they both go back to wrestling with each other, both sides refusing to acknowledge that they needed to compromise something, at least a mutual agreement between each other.

"You know, why did I end up with you?" Mina asks, after a few minutes of silence passed by, the clock ticked by the minutes which felt like hours to Mina. Neither bothered to communicate because they already knew what the other felt. Seriously, Jeongyeon would be more helpful and the better choice for her as a tutor.

"Great question," Momo snarkily replies, "Me and Jeongyeon did rock-paper-scissors, you can guess who lost between us." She munches on the bite-sized sandwiches that Mina's mother left on the table.

Mina slumps her shoulders in defeat, "Do you make decisions based on rock-paper-scissors all the time?"

She's trying to fill in the blanks to proverbs, to which Momo doesn't really like because it's literature and she hates literature. It's a mystery how she's still a high achieving student, to which she solves test questions as if they were puzzles or rubix cubes. It just comes automatic. The methods she uses in replacement of equations is even more of a mystery. Hell, Momo's even made another language to which only she can understand, Momo-language.

 

 

"Mo momo momo! Momo mo."

"The hell did you just say?" Jeongyeon asks as they're playing Overwatch with separate monitors. Momo responds with, "Momo mo. Mo momomo,'" and her eyes never leave the screen until Jeongyeon's Ana gets wrecked midair.

Jeongyeon stares at her screen in disbelief, while Momo takes out someone's Hanzo with her D.va. Only when she turns to look at Momo's screen, she notices the blonde was on a killing spree.

"Hey."

"Mo?"

"...Do me a favor and go yourself, please."

 

 

"No," Momo chews before adding, "Jeongyeon's busy helping her sister out, plus her parents are out of town too."

"Let me guess, you lost on purpose." Mina grumbles, "All this wouldn't have happened if you guys left me alone after leaving Krispy Kreme!"

"Hey, your mother asked and none of us were willing to give up some of our spare time for a certain girl who isn't studying hard enough." Momo fires back, she reopens the magazine she had kicked close with her feet the moment Mina's mother walked in while scrambling to clear the sight of fruits all over Mina's room.

 

Now, let's begin to start from how we got here.

"I said I'm sorry." Nayeon says, as she's sticking out her tongue to adjust the strand of hair stuck near the corner of , "I mean, you two were looking like, y'know--"

"Looking like what?!" Momo glares as she's sitting next to Nayeon, whose arms and ankles are tied to Jeongyeon's bed with her school ties and spare shoelaces.

If Nayeon's hands weren't tied, she'd split her hands into a V shape and stick them together.

"--scissor--" She manages to say, annnd that's the cue for the blonde to duct tape the older girl's mouth shut.

"Mmmhgh!" Nayeon is thrashing all over the place as the blonde turns her attention to Jeongyeon.

Mina on the other hand is in a corner, staring at the wall because what the , she's being seen in a different light.

Minutes ago, Nayeon was carrying a magazine which featured a pictorial of Mina. That's right. Everyone, except Momo knows who she is now. If word gets out that they're "friends" with her, she's screwed in every possible way.

"Is Mina okay? She's kinda....out of touch." Jeongyeon says, as she's tied to a a chair with a measly jump rope and some duct tape on her ankles.

However, Chaeyoung got the worst treatment out of them all.

"Yah! Why do they get to sit and lie on the bed comfortably while I'm duct-taped to the ground!"

Momo takes a glance at Chaeyoung, then scratches the back of her head, "Because you're uh, shorter and closer to the ground than the rest so I thought you'd be best taped to the floor."

Chaeyoung's defeated. Momo just KO'ed her, all life and hope is lost, her height which she knows she'll never be able to grow because her growth plates have already closed...it's all over.

However, Mina's predictions didn't happen. At all.

"Huh?"

To her dismay, they seemed pretty ecstatic about personally knowing the "Myoui Mina." In fact, they seem to like her, but not on the creepy/extreme side, the negative effects of being well-known. Knowing this, she's actually more comfortable with them compared to the students in her classroom that flock to her.

"You're pretty quiet," Nayeon said to the redhead earlier as Momo was duct-taping Chaeyoung's wrist to the floor, "Momo, what the hell!" she yells as Nayeon continues talking despite being tied to the bed.

"I can't believe I'm friends with a famous uzzlang!" Mina can already hear her internal screamings. But, she feels that the girls aren't that bad to which she expected them to be uninformed idiots, because well, only Momo didn't recognize her greatness. And she still doesn't.

"Say something like that again and we'll be visiting someone's gravestone soon!" Momo grunts while Mina rolls her eyes. The blonde just really dislikes her, doesn't she. Somehow, that annoys her, and she feels the same, the blonde is probably the rudest person she's ever met.

"Whatever!" Mina stands up and dusts off her jeans, she's leaving now because she doesn't want to spend another second breathing the same air as the blonde, who arches her eyebrow, "Bye then!"

"Mmmph!" Nayeon kicks her arms and thrashes around, though Mina wonders if it's actually a good idea if she left all three of these girls like this. And who knows what Momo would do. But she's made up her mind to go back home.

"See you, Mina!" Chaeyoung shouts as she's still stuck to the floor while Jeongyeon just tilts her head to the side back and forth, probably waving goodbye as ’s taped shut.

Just like that, she leaves. On her way out she glances at the time and drops her jaw.

Oh my god, she starts to freak out because it just hit her that she's not supposed to be outside when she's grounded.

It's been four hours since she left the house, and now her mother's probably going all over the place to find her because she's phone-less. She just wanted to eat some donuts. She's phone-less, donut-less and now will probably be homeless.

A voice shouts out to her from behind, "Mina!"

Mina turns her head in confusion and finds out that it's Momo and she's running after the redhead. "What now?!" She groans, Oh great. the walking disaster is now going to cause even more problems for her.

"Here." She tosses her a white box to which the redhead looks down to see the krispy kreme label.

"What the hell? Why are you giving this to me?"  Right now, Mina wants to open up Momo's head and see what kind of thoughts is going on in her brain. 

Momo shrugs, "I noticed you didn't get to eat donuts, so...yeah. See you."

Momo is more attentative than she thought, huh. At least Mina won't be donut-less now.

"Mina."

Another voice comes from across the street and Mina gulps as Momo furrows her eyebrows, This woman must be...her mother.

Mina didn't think that her mother of all people would be able to find her here.

"Where in the world were you for the past few hours?!" She's holding up Mina's phone, "i called all your friends, and they said that they didn't know where you were. Did you know how long it took for me to find you?!"

Mina is now shivering in fear. Her mother's wrath is scary, and when she's angry...she's like a dragon. The fire breaths that she unleashes will burn for days, and haunt your mind, even in your dreams. That's how much Mina is scared of her mother when she's boiling angry.

"Uh, it's my fault." Momo steps in because, it seems like Mina isn't willing to speak up about what actually happened, and partially it's her fault for not knowing that Mina wasn't supposed to be out at the time. Well, it was the redhead's fault too.

She was the last person Mina would ever thought to help her out of a sticky situation.

"I'm Momo, one of Mina's friends from school." The blonde introduces, she's got to have a good impression at least for Mina.

"Uh huh. Go on," Mina's mother taps her shoe, and that's when the blonde notices where Mina's short temper may come from. Like mother, like daughter.

Wow, is all she can think in her mind, as she explains that she's actually a special admission student and also one of the best students in the country.

"Well, that's great. I was just looking for a tutor for my daughter! Her grades aren't looking so well, so I was hoping if I could ask for some of your time to help her. Oh, as you can see I'm just worried about how she's doing in school, is she treating you well?..." Mina's mother talks on and on for a minute and a half, Mina on the other hand listened to every single word that came out of her mother's mouth, and she knows she's screwed up big time.

Momo as a tutor? Mina's eyes widen, Guaranteed to break the world record of 'Worst Tutor Alive.'

Momo's trying to understand the words firing out of at 120 MPH, it takes her a few seconds to say 'yes' as she actually has no idea what she just said.

"Great!" Mina's mother flashes her smile, which the blonde confusingly does the same.

"When will you be able to make time to tutor Mina?"

"What?" The blonde's jaw drops, because 'tutor' and her do not match. Mina's mother raises an eyebrow at her sudden reaction. Oh crap, is the only thing that comes into Momo's mind.

"Uh, yes. I'll make some time...this week or so....haha..." 

The blonde scratches the back of her head as she watches the Lexus Rx Mina's mother is driving with her inside, disappear out of sight.

"...You gotta be kidding me."

 

 

 

a/n: My bad if this chapter seems rushed, I don't have a lot of time to write and I'm trying to update at least once a week.

#MinaVsMomoOnWWE would 100% legit watch. 8D jkjk, they're adorable kids so boxing gloves will do. <3