Broken

Fragments [Vkook]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

“We need to talk, Jimin.”

Jimin’s curious gaze finally reached Hoseok’s ticked off ones. 

“What is it?” Jimin’s sweet voice rang.
“What is Jeon Jungkook to you?” Hoseok asked the question that’d been irking him all this time.

Jimin’s eyes widened momentarily before softening. “He’s my younger step brother. Why?”
Hoseok rolled his eyes. “You know why. You’re always looking at him. You never seem to pay attention to me. Why give me false hope if you don’t even like me?” His voice was coated in hurt. After all, he really did adore Jimin.
Jimin smiled. “Of course I like you. Why else would I ask you out?”

Hoseok gritted his teeth. Jimin was full of sugary, loving words that never failed to make Hoseok believe him. 

Jimin seductively his lips before reaching over and kissing Hoseok. Hoseok melted into the kiss, he forgot that he was annoyed at Jimin, he forgot about Jungkook, all that mattered was that he loved Jimin.

He was crazy about Jimin.

Jimin pulled away, his eyes warm and welcoming. “You’re my boyfriend. That’s the truth,” he said in a sultry voice as he traced Hoseok’s nape with one finger, sending electrifying goosebumps through his skin.

And with that, Hoseok was swept away.

Taehyung was walking back home, when unknowingly he made a detour. He knew where he was going. Hoseok’s neighborhood. He stopped at Hoseok’s street and stared into the distance.

A long time ago, this place made Taehyung feel warm and happy. Now, as he stared at the familiar road where he and Hoseok had shared memories, it left him hurting. Hoseok completely cut off relations with Taehyung after he started dating, solely focusing on Jimin. Taehyung was cast aside like a used rug.

He saw Hoseok come out of his house suddenly, walking at a slow pace with a smile on his face. Taehyung wondered what caused Hoseok to smile. Then he saw Jimin come out of the house as well, and Taehyung’s stomach knotted at the sight. The pair kissed once more before Jimin headed off, leaving Hoseok watching blissfully.

Then Hoseok’s gaze turned to find the pain-ridden Taehyung. He narrowed his eyes. Taehyung gulped and approached Hoseok.

“H-hey,” Taehyung stammered.
Hoseok raised an eyebrow. “What’re you doing here?” he asked curtly, no hint of a smile on his face anymore.

It had been 3 weeks, and that was the first thing Hoseok said in greeting. Taehyung felt tears clog up his insides.

“I–um, was wondering if you wanted to hang out soon,” Taehyung commented. The pair often used to hang out before.
Hoseok gave Taehyung a bothered look. “Sorry, but I don’t want Jimin to think I’m cheating or something. Aren’t you dating…Jungkook now? Hang out with him.”
The words were jabbing at Taehyung like knives. “But–you’re my friend,” he protested, the word friend leaving a bitter taste on his tongue.
Hoseok looked peeved. “We were, but now I have Jimin. You have Jungkook. Let’s leave it at that.”

Taehyung couldn’t stand it anymore. He turned back and ran off, tears marring his vision. The Hoseok he’d admired all these years was discarding him like a used tissue now that the perfect Park Jimin was around. It hurt so much.

He didn’t want to be home, drowning in loneliness. So he headed to the crowded neighborhood park, letting the early winter wind and fallen leaves surround him. Soon, it would all be covered in snow, coating the dead earth with a sheen of icy beauty. He sniffed and wiped his eyes. Life is cruel.

Jungkook was home alone at the moment. Jimin was out with Hoseok, and it was nice to be able to relax. But the outdoors beckoned him, so he got dressed and headed out. 

He walked by a jewelry shop and entered, his feet carrying him. He saw the bracelet, a beautiful pink Morganite gem encrusted one. Morganite, which symbolized love and lust. The wearer was told they would receive all the love in the world.

He bought it, ignoring the hefty price tag. It was sparkling pink, with hints of peach and rosemary. He walked outside, admiring the scenery, when he saw the back of a lonely boy rubbing his hands together in the chill of early winter, standing there amids

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter