4 ¦ For You

Worth Every Mile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Lisa had only just finished patching up Jungkook when her friends appeared in the nursing room.  Noticing that the girls were staring at Jungkook who was rubbing his dark hair in a sheepish manner, she coughed to get their attention.

 

“Why are you guys here?”

 

Jennie facepalmed and Lisa swore she saw Jisoo grin and receive 10,000 won from an annoyed Chaeyoung.

 

“Didn't you forget something?” Jennie asked as she reached to her bag and took out a lovely velvet dress which Lisa thought looked really amazing but why would she bring- Oh.

 

Shoot.

 

“You idiot.” Jisoo laughed, contrary to her statement.

 

Jungkook watched the exchange with curious eyes but he had a feeling he knew what they were talking about when he saw the way too classy dress.

 

“I can’t believe I forgot!” Lisa began ruffling through the contents of her bag in search of her phone, “I’m going to be late for Seungri-oppa’s date!”

 

Jungkook’s fake smile faltered for a second as looked down to stare at the floor at the mention of ‘Seungri-oppa’ and ‘date’. He reminded himself that this was Lisa’s choice and he had to be happy for her so he quickly mustered up a heartwarming smile and looked up to Lisa.

 

“I can drive you if that would help. My moped is parked near the school.”

 

The girls apart from Lisa whipped their heads back to Jungkook in complete disbelief.

 

“Did he just..?” Chaeyoung whispered getting a glare from Lisa.

 

“That’s only if you would want to though.” He shyly added as he rubbed his neck, a habit of his when he rarely got nervous.

 

“Thank you so much Jungkook! Let me just quickly prepare myself.” Lisa ran to the toilets, bringing the dress and her bag that most likely was full of cosmetics that Jungkook thought Lisa didn’t need. Chaeyoung followed her while the other two stayed in the room with Jungkook.

 

Upon taking a second thought of what he just said, Jungkook sighed again. When the girls heard his fifth consecutive sigh in a row, Jisoo finally got fed up.

 

“If you hate their relationship so much, why are you helping her?”

 

Jungkook thought back to the words he had told Lisa earlier on,

 

“I promise, no matter who you date with, that I will never give up on you. You will always be the first priority for me and hopefully one day you’ll understand why I can’t let you go.”

 

Oh yeah, that’s why.

 

After a few minutes, Lisa and Chaeyoung came out of the bathroom with Lisa in her velvet dress. It was a simple dress, but the royal blue colour gave an emphasis on her blonde tied up hair and the velvet material hugged her body much too beautifully for Jungkook that he had to gulp to keep himself from choking.

 

Jennie watched as Jungkook tried to hide his attraction, but she could see his helplessness in doing so when Lisa walked past him and he eyed her as she walked all the way to the doorway. She turned gracefully sending Jungkook a playful expression, “Shall we go?”

 

As Lisa walked out Jungkook turned to look at Jennie with complaint, “Why did you have to remind her about the date?!”

 

“Hey don't blame us. Blame your awful infatuation to a taken girl.” Jennie deadpanned.

 

Jungkook returned to sighing once again.

“I can't believe I am driving my crush to a date.”

 

Jungkook jogged after Lisa who walked quite fast as she was still wearing her trainers despite them not complementing the exquisite dress.

 

“I can’t believe the city’s bad boy drives a moped and not a full on motorcycle.” She complained to him as she saw the vehicle that they would be riding.

 

Jungkook ran in front of the black moped and began to wipe some non-existent dust on the seat, “Hey! I’m still underage you know, and I take driving very seriously, so don’t insult my baby.”

 

She giggled at that before walking closer to it.

 

“At close inspection, it does seem very trustworthy. Much like you, Kookie-shi.”

 

Jungkook momentarily froze at the old nickname but quickly played it cool.

 

“Yeah, Namjoon and I have been fixing this girl up for months now and I can guarantee that no other moped in Seoul can drive as fast as this one. I take better care of her, more than I do for myself.” He grinned before sitting on the seat and handing his own helmet to Lisa. “Come on, you don’t want to be even more late, right?”

 

Lisa sat behind him awkwardly with both of her legs at one side due to the lack of space and also the fact that her short dress simply didn’t allow any other position. On the other hand, Jungkook was having the time of his life when Lisa wrapped her arms around his stomach.

 

The journey was quiet but both of them appreciated the night sky and cool breeze following them and Jungkook couldn’t help at smile at the thought of what they looked like to passer-bys.

 

---

 

The clocks hit midnight and Lisa entered Seungri’s taxi that he had called for her as he unfortunately couldn’t take her home tonight. She was thankful that he continued his gentlemanly acts, despite having a busy schedule, and went through efforts just to make her feel safe.

 

The driver was quiet and Lisa was once again thankful because she just wanted to enjoy peaceful silence before she arrived home and had to face the all too familiar conversation with her mother.

 

She knew her mother was right; she should be studying hard for college right now. It would soon be her last year of high school and she was incredibly behind. But what her mother didn’t realise was all the prejudice against her: her race, her gender and her background.

 

When she was younger she had always thought about breaking the cycle. She would work hard and get a good paying job as a nurse or midwife, buy a proper house that is not paid for by the government and finally make her parents proud. However, the odds were a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter