2 ¦ You Never Walk Alone

Worth Every Mile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Lisa felt anything but fine.

 

As soon as she reached the bathroom, she sighed in relief that it wasn’t occupied and locked herself into one of the stalls.  She leaned against the door and tried to return her breathing to normal, but every time her mind thought about the words Jungkook had said, her eyes would glisten with tears.

 

Dropping onto her knees, she shut her eyes tightly and slapped her cheeks to distract herself from her thoughts.

 

She thought she could do this. She thought this is what she wanted. Then why did those words hurt her so much?

 

Hoping she could further distract herself with her phone, she unlocked it and began looking through all her apps until she realised all her social media accounts were flocked with rude spamming about her ‘secret rendezvous’ last night. Reading each comment, the tears were finally flowing. She reached her arm to wipe away the tears but the motion only increased them further as she relealized how pitiful she must have looked: Alone in a dirty toilet stall crying on the floor.  

 

“Who am I hurting? Is it wrong for me to wish that I was rich?” She asked herself, but unexpectedly, an answer followed.

 

“Lisa, it’s not wrong of you think like that.”

 

Lisa suddenly dropped her phone in shock to the familiar voice from outside her stall.

 

“Jisoo?”

 

A moment of silence. “Yeah it’s me. The other girls are here too.”

 

Lisa was shocked, she hadn’t heard them come in.

 

“For how long?”

 

“When we got here we could hear you crying.” Jennie answered.

 

Park Chaeyoung was next to speak, “Lisa, come on and open the door. It’s okay to cry but it will feel much better if you cry on a friend’s shoulder.”

 

“Don’t hold it in.” Jisoo added.

 

Lisa hesitantly turned the stall’s latch and came face-to-face with her friends leaning on the sinks while sharing worried expressions on their faces.

 

“I’m sorry-” Were the only two words she could say before she began sobbing on Jisoo’s shoulder. Jennie and Chaeyoung joined the two and all four just stood there entwined and Lisa could not feel any more grateful.

 

After the hugging session which lasted a great ten minutes, the girls had another ten minutes to turn Lisa’s red, puffy eyes and mascara-dripping face into her normal fresh looking face. Afterall, she had too much pride to show the girls in her school that she had been crying.

 

Jennie was assigned to keep out anybody from entering the toilets and with her signature glare, she was successful in her role. While Jennie was keeping out any unwanted visitors, Jisoo and Chaeyoung were fixing Lisa’s make up.

 

Soon enough, Lisa once again looked like herself and they quickly headed for homeroom.

 

Jennie and Jisoo had to separate from the Lisa and Chaeyoung as they were in another class, but Lisa was still grateful she wouldn’t have to face the gossip alone. As expected, as soon as their classmates noticed that they had entered, lots of conversations began to hush as the perpetrator of those conversations had finally appeared.

 

Although she didn’t want to, Lisa found herself skimming the classroom for a familiar boy with brown locks, except he wasn’t there.

 

The teacher soon entered, began his registration and when he called out Jungkook, the class immediately turned to look at Lisa. Chaeyoung who was beside her gave her a sympathising smile and she sighed in return.

 

When the teacher had begun talking about the events soon taking place, Jungkook entered the classroom and went to his seat without a word.

 

“The disrespect is strong at this school.” The teacher mumbled but didn’t dare to continue with Jungkook’s intimidating gaze setting on him.

 

Lisa turned to glance at Jungkook who only stared straight forward, putting pressure on the teacher who was quick to decide that since no one

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter