3 ¦ Square One

Worth Every Mile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The next day, although rumours hadn't completely gone away, Lisa didn't feel as terrible. What people said was bearable. It was finally time for her next date with her super sweet boyfriend and she couldn't wait. Just as her mind drifted off to thinking about her date, she noticed Jungkook leaning outside of their classroom with his hands in his pocket and staring away into the distance.

 

She wasn't sure if Jungkook didn't want to talk to her so she stopped staring and continued walking past him and into the room.

 

Lisa felt a tinge of disappointment when he didn't say anything but that was expected. She was so used to being greeted every morning treated so warmly by a guy who would never treat anyone else like that. It's only natural for someone to miss that.

 

Chaeyoung happily greeted her and as registration hadn't began yet, Jisoo was also sitting on Chaeyoung’s table eating her bento already.

 

“Good morning Chaeyoung, Jisoo. Where's Jennie?” She asked while placing her gucci handbag she had received on her first date with Seungri on her own table.

 

“She's coming late today as she's trying to sort out an outfit for you. She loves doing so.” Jisoo laughed.

 

Lisa looked shocked, “You guys do so much for me.”

 

Chaeyoung only patted her head, “It’s only right that we look out for the youngest.”

 

“Also, we all heard about how you defended Chae from those girls yesterday. You also do a lot for us.”


 

~


 

Jungkook was trying his patience by not talking to Lisa. It took every fibre from his body to not react when he heard other people either gossiping about her or saying they wouldn't mind paying her to have a go.

 

It was disgusting.

 

Jungkook knew Lisa wouldn't allow herself to use her body to get men to buy her branded clothes. Well, he hoped at least.

 

He hoped that the guy was only going out with Lisa and not touching her intimately. Although his mind thought it was just as bad as she was still dating him to receive expensive gifts, he was at least grateful that she wasn't resorting to drastic measures.

 

And although Jungkook was as broken hearted as some could get, what was first on his mind was how worried he was for Lisa.

 

What if the man in the picture took advantage for her. Blackmailed her?

 

What if his fangirls hurt her?

 

What if she couldn't deal with the rumours and the trash talking.

 

He's known Lisa for nearly ten years now and the one thing he was sure was that Lisa didn't like showing her weak side.

 

He hates himself for saying those words to Lisa but every time he tried to apologize, his heart momentarily lurches and he runs out of the courage.

 

How could he be so cowardly?

 

He felt his phone vibrating followed quickly by the blaring ringtone Taehyung must have had ‘accidentally’ changed it to, and it woke him up from his thoughts. It was Namjoon, the leader of BTS, the Blacktan High School’s gang.

 

“Yes?” He quickly responded knowing Namjoon only calls in emergencies.

 

“Get down to Bayah parlour as quick as you can. Apparently one of the members of Seventeen hurt Taehyung.”

 

Jungkook didn't need to hear anymore.

 

~

 

As soon as Blacktan school students were informed of the fight because it appeared in the Secret App, everyone was rushing out of class. Some to see the fight but most taking advantage that there was a fight and going home with the lucky excuse that everyone else left to watch the fight.

 

Lisa followed her friends though her mind felt conflicted. She had known Jungkook for quite a while and since the time Jungkook joined BTS, Lisa had coincidentally began shadowing the school nurse as she was curious about the job and wished to know more.

 

Usually students would not be allowed to help injured alumni but this was Blacktan and the most people, students and teachers alike, just didn’t care.

 

Therefore, when Jungkook rushed in, blood spattering everywhere, Lisa went straight to work at attending him.

 

This happened a few times monthly and she got used to helping him, so even when she stopped being the assistant of the nurse, she would continue to fix him up when he needed it.

 

She would wait for him in the school's nursing room after seeing the notification that BTS was fighting and then he would stagger in and no questions were asked. They stayed especially silent when the rumours about Jungkook liking Lisa began to circulate but she still continued to help.

 

But now Jungkook wasn't talking to her.

 

Had the situation changed?

 

“Where should we go?” Jisoo asked while reading a pamphlet that some street worker handed her.

 

Jennie thought for a second, “We could always go karaoke. Its cheaper than buying food at a restaurant and we have entertainment.”

 

Chaeyoung had been staring at Lisa whose pace was slower than the rest.

 

“What about you Lisa?” She asked.

 

Lisa glanced up nervously, “Karaoke is great! However, I'll meet with you guys later. I need to do something first.”

 

They watched playfully as she ran back to the direction of the school.

 

“She thinks we don't know what she is doing right?” Jisoo chuckled lightheartedly.

 

“And she says she doesn't like him.”

 

“Wait! Doesn't she have a date today?”

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter