1 ¦ Playing With Fire

Worth Every Mile
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

The next day, everyone in Blacktan’s High School had heard of Lisa’s recent encounters with a mystery man who wears the most expensive of branded clothes and she was immediately dubbed as a ‘sugar-baby’.

 

The school was b with rumours as Lisa attempted to walk past the infuriating students that blocked her way. Fortunately, Jennie Kim, her friend who had yesterday lent her the pair of black pumps, shouted at the students and they all ran away from her infamous glare. Lisa walked to their table with a grateful smile.

 

“So how was he? Aren’t you going to thank me for setting you guys up?” Park Chaeyoung smirked, quite proud of her skills to meet university boys.

 

Lisa’s face lit up, “He was so gorgeous and nice and funny! You’re the best Chae!”

 

Chaeyoung winked at her before grabbing one of the still hot chicken legs that Jisoo had bought from the shop beside the school. Jisoo tried to slap her hand but Chaeyoung had been expecting it and her super fast reflexes allowed her to snap her arm back quickly (still holding the chicken) and hide behind Jennie who was listening to music.

 

“Too slow!” Chaeyoung mocked playfully before taking a huge bite from the tasty chicken. Jisoo merely scoffed and hugged her box full of chicken while mumbling phrases like: “I’m so sorry my poor chickens, I should have protected you with my heart. I don’t deserve you all.”

 

Lisa laughed at her older friends and sat on the space that Chaeyoung had just left before lightly patting Jisoo on her back.

 

“Jisoo, the chicken have already forgiven you.”

 

“Don’t feed her nonsense,” Jennie quickly interrupted, “We can’t have her getting crazier than she already is.”

 

“Hey! I’m older than you. You have to respect me! Aish, children these days. They are doing crimes of theft and disrespect and not even getting caught. Wait Jennie, aren’t you listening to music? How could you hear Lisa?” Jisoo asked, suddenly forgetting the vow that she created in her head to ignore Jennie and Chaeyoung for their respective crimes.

 

Jennie only pulled up her earphones and the girls realised that it wasn’t connected to anything.

 

“She’s trying to be edgy.”


 

Meanwhile:

 

A group of boys were hanging out when suddenly, the youngest who had a can of coke in his hand spit out the beverage inside his mouth onto the unfortunate guy sitting next to him.

 

“What the- Jungkook!” The guy shouted while furiously wiping away his shirt.

 

Jungkook, however, was oblivious to the guy next to him as his eyes were on his phone. His friends were dumbfounded at the boy’s actions and how the said boy had his mouth agape and his eyes wide as to whatever was on the screen. As soon as the oldest looked at the phone, however, he quickly understood.

 

Jin took away his phone and showed it to the other guys who sighed in sympathy. On his phone was a picture of Lisa and her older boyfriend who were happily chatting away while holding hands. Before any of them could react, Jungkook had began running away to presumably the space where the girls would reside as this hour before lessons started.

 

The girls, apart from Lisa, eyed him wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter