Entangled

Willingness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Entangled

Rating: PG

Genre: Angst

Warning: none

OTP: Minkey, Jongho

Word Count: 2557

 

 

Jonghyun reaches his hand up to the sky, trying to imagine how it is like to grasp the stars above. He closes his eyes briefly and gives a small smile as he lets his imagination runs wild.

Jonghyunnie hyung, I will catch a star for you if you want me to.

Jonghyunnie hyung, you write the most beautiful lyrics for our melodies.

Jonghyunnie hyung, I love you.

Jonghyun feels his eyes wet as his voice starts to play in his head. He smiles harder as he feels tears streaming down his cheeks without warning.

“Hyung, why are you up here without a coat? Aren’t you cold?” a voice chided behind him.

Jonghyun quickly wipes his tears off and turns to see Taemin, his cousin, standing behind him, arms akimbo. It’s already nearing winter and the night gets really chilly. The older man is only wearing a thin sweater which is not enough to keep him warm.

“Taemin-ah, I’m just feeling how it feels like to touch the stars.” Jonghyun grins with his swollen eyes. To Taemin, he looks ugly as .

Taemin shakes his head in disapproval and he is worried about his odd older brother who likes to imagine all sorts of things after he left his lover. He walks up to his hyung and holds on his hand. He realizes Jonghyun’s hands are icy cold.

“Hyung, let’s go back ah, stop sitting here on the rooftop alone.”

Jonghyun doesn’t say anything. He takes his cue to push Jonghyun who is in his wheelchair, out of the rooftop garden.

 

**************************

 

Minho holds onto the shorter man’s waist, lips curling upwards as he pecks on his soft and kissable lips. The shorter man chuckles as he leans his head on Minho’s shoulder, enjoying the solitude between them.

“Hey Minho, do you remember saying that trust is important between us?”

Minho hums in response, “Of course, babe.”

“Then can you tell me more about your past relationships?” Kibum whispers as he pats on Minho’s bum softly.

Minho releases his boyfriend and looks at him oddly. “What you want to know, Kibum-ah?”

“I’m just curious,” Kibum shrugs. “I’ve told you about Jinki hyung and perhaps you should tell me about your past lover?”

Minho chews his lower lip for a while and smiles gently at Kibum, “How about next time?”

Kibum frowns immediately. “What is it about that you can’t tell me now? Don’t tell me that you have not forgotten your ex?”

Minho panics and shakes his head promptly. “Nonono, it’s just too sad.”

Kibum looks at Minho squarely.

“You do know first love is unforgettable right? The name of my first love is Jonghyun. He’s a songwriter and he has written beautiful lyrics for many songs.” Minho says carefully.

“Continue.” Kibum nods, giving approval for Minho to finish his story.

Minho takes a deep breath before he continues. “Out of the sudden, he was out of radar for a month and then he broke up with me via a stupid text. During this one month, I tried to call him but he changed his number. I went to his house and realized it was vacant. I couldn’t contact his family members either. He quitted his job too. I was just…shocked and devastated for so many months. I was waiting for him to come back to me but he never did.” Minho feels the piercing dull pain on his chest. It isn’t that bad now, considering about two years have passed. It’s just so hurting to get dumped by a text message.

“And then I met you, Kibum-ah.”

“Oh gosh…” Kibum puts his hand over his mouth, looking sad and astonish at the same time. “I didn’t know your previous relationship didn’t end well…”

“It’s fine, at least I met you and we fell in love.” Minho eyes are crinkled with happiness. “You are my everything now.”

Kibum smiles back as he hugs the taller man closer, “I love you, Choi Minho.”

 

**************************

 

A few days later, Minho receives a text in the late morning from Kibum at work that says he is in a hospital. He rushes out of the office just to call his boyfriend.

“What? You are in the hospital right now? What happened?” Minho sounds worried in the phone call.

“I’m fine, Minho-ah. I took a fainted man to the hospital.” Kibum whispers, perhaps because he’s in a quiet environment in the hospital.

“Oh… I come and find you?” It’s almost lunchtime and Minho has time to spare.

“Alright, see you later.”

 

Taemin rushes into the ward to see his hyung lying on the hospital bed, sleeping soundly. He sees a stranger next to the bed and he immediately greets. “Are you the one who sent him to the hospital?”

The stranger nods and continues, “I was at Han River and I saw him lying on the ground with a wheelchair beside him.”

“Really thank you…” Taemin bows out of gratitude.

The stranger then asks carefully, “Do you remember me?

Taemin looks closer at the stranger and gasps, “Omo…”

Kibum looks at Taemin with apologetic eyes, “Yes, my ex-boyfriend was the one who hit Jonghyun-sshi’s car 2 years back…”

Taemin closed his eyes, “As much as I hate your ex-boyfriend who ruined my hyung’s life, I thank you for bringing my hyung to the hospital.”

“Don’t be… Jinki hyung went to the prison for a year and paid for his wrongdoing already.” Kibum says sadly. “Jinki hyung’s future is ruined as well. It’s an accident and nobody wants this to happen.”

Taemin sits beside Jonghyun’s bed and starts to pat the older man’s legs. “You know, he has injured his spine and he couldn’t walk anymore.”

“I know…” Kibum almost want to cry because of guilt, although he isn’t the driver who had hit Jonghyun but he had caused this accident to happen indirectly.

He sniffs a little. “I heard the doctor says he faints because of fatigue and low blood pressure. He will be discharged after he wakes up.” Kibum conveys the message to Taemin. “I think I got to go now.”

“Thank you Kibum-sshi.”

Just as Kibum decides to leave the ward, “Kibum!” Minho enters the ward, forgetting that this is another patient’s ward.

“C-Choi Minho?” Taemin stands up, to see his hyung’s ex-boyfriend here.

“T-Taemin? What are you doing here?” Minho is surprised to se

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter