Undercover

Willingness
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Title: Undercover

Rating: PG

Genre: action/drama/angst

Warning: smoking/mild violence/slight profanities

Word Count: 4900

 

 

Minho joins a gang for 3 months now, and is fully adapted to the working style of DUBU. No, it’s not a tofu factory, but it’s a famous gang founded by Lee Jinki or he is commonly known as Onew Lee. DUBU has been around for 9 years, still consider fairly new in the eyes of all underground triads yet it is one of the most powerful and successful gang in terms of their monetary gains.

Minho is an undercover cop and joining DUBU as a gang member is his mission from the higher ups so as to learn more about DUBU as well as creating chances to slowly eradicate such an illegal gang. 

In DUBU, Onew is the boss and is holding the highest authority. His left and right men are Kim Kibum and Lee Taemin respectively. They have equal amount of power, each supervising a group of men for themselves and also handle or plan important ‘jobs’. They like to call their illegal activities as ‘jobs’ such as smuggling drugs, untaxed cigs and other goods. Minho is under Kibum’s team so far.

There is another important character named Kim Jonghyun. He seems to have equal, if not higher authority than Kim Kibum and Lee Taemin at times. He does lead some of their jobs when Kibum or Taemin are not available, but he is mostly a free man. Well… he has a nickname that only the gang members in DUBU will know among themselves, the ‘boss’s ’. He is basically Onew’s boyfriend who does nothing sometimes and is not fully respected by their men. In everyone’s eyes, he’s just an useless freeloader and perhaps only capable in showering love to their boss. Jonghyun first started out by just an ordinary gang member and nobody knows why Jonghyun is able to be Onew’s hot favourite. However, Minho actually knows why.

Minho has some sort of crush in Jonghyun, which he has to keep it to himself for his own safety. He thinks Jonghyun is adorable and beautiful. Even with such a petite frame, Jonghyun is capable of being y. Putting aside Jonghyun’s aesthetics, he has a very cool and witty character, which Minho likes and nobody else actually knows. Minho also thinks that even with a high authority in DUBU, he never once abuses his power but instead, he leads or participates in jobs with the men as one. It’s sad that the men discriminates him just because of his special identity in DUBU. It seems that this discrimination is quite subtle that Onew doesn’t know, which that is supposed to be the case. Everyone knows that they can’t offend Onew or there will be bad consequences.

 

********************************************************************************

 

“Minho, you got a new job.” Kibum is assigning Minho’s duty for the day. “I want you to follow Taeyong secretly and take pictures of him.”

“Taeyong?” Minho echoes, he knows that Taeyong is a man under Taemin’s team who is infamous of being late and taking MCs. “Why him?”

“You are too curious, Minho. If I am Boss, I will wreck you.” Kibum laughs dangerously. He looks around the surroundings to make sure they aren’t anyone around and he whispers, “Boss suspects Taeyong is a spy from the police.”

“Oh,” Minho can feel goosebumps on him, because he is a police spy as well. He doesn’t know if Taeyong is one but he has to check on him. “Okay I will follow him.”

“Good. He is on Taemin’s errand for a drug delivery, 2pm at Prism Nightclub. Do make sure you are following him.” Kibum instructs as he views the job list on his ipad.

“Are you coming with me?” Minho asks as he is still a newbie and he is supposed to pair up with someone for a job at all times till he is fully a year in DUBU.

Kibum slaps his own forehead dramatically. “ I have something on later. Boss’s orders. I totally forgot you are new but there are no one else available to go with you…”

“I am free.” Kibum and Minho turn and see Jonghyun not far away. Kibum eyes at Jonghyun and says nonchalantly, “I don’t dare to trouble you. We will look for other solutions.”

“Onew tells me to bring men out for jobs if I need to, for the purpose of building chemistry with our DUBU members.” Jonghyun walks towards them and Minho is greeted by a strong scent of Versace cologne from his crush, which smelled oddly enticing. Minho gives a small smile to Jonghyun.

“Okay then. Minho, please follow Jonghyun’s orders. I got to go.” Kibum walks away and leaves Jonghyun and Minho alone.

Minho stares at Jonghyun. Jonghyun has a new hair colour so his hair is now in a beautiful jet black. He is also wearing a black leather jacket and skinny leather pants, making him look delicious in every other angle.

“Let’s go,” Jonghyun grins as he leads the way to the garage to retrieve his convertible. Minho can only nod and follow suit.

“You know how to drive?” Jonghyun asks as he stops beside his white car. Minho nods again and then the smaller man throws his car key to Minho, who successfully catches it. “You drive then.”

 

“Minho-ah, we are teaming up for a job again. I’m so happy.” Jonghyun smiles as they are on the road, on their way to PRISM Nightclub to follow Taeyong. “I think this is our 5th time?”

“Really, I thought this is our 100th time?” Minho jokes. “Well it seems that we have huge chemistry after 5 times of teamwork. I’m happy too.” Minho grins as he drives.

“Yeah, I think out of all the men, you are the only one who think of me as a team mate, a friend and your leader. The others do not respect me at all.” Jonghyun chuckles softly.

“Maybe you are overthinking,” Minho tries to lower the negativity in Jonghyun’s conversation.

“I know they called me the boss’s .” Jonghyun replies casually, as if this doesn’t hurt him.

“I…”

“I am one anyway.” Jonghyun looks out of the car window sadly. “It’s a fact.”

“No…you are boss’s boyfriend.” Minho tries softly.

“Minho, you are so cute.” Jonghyun regains his smile. “Let’s hangout after this?”

Minho nods. He can’t wait at all.

 

********************************************************************************

 

Jonghyun and Minho have followed Taeyong for 6 hours. It turns out Taeyong has no suspicious activities going on for now, which means he has to be followed for a few more days. As Jonghyun figures out that Taeyong is heading back to the headquarters, he suggests for a drink with Minho at a quiet pub.

“I think we can team up again tomorrow,” Jonghyun grins as he chugs down his 3rd shot. “Minho, I really fond of you.” He shifts his hand to taller man’s right cheek and caresses it softly.

“I don’t think you should-”

The next thing he knows is Jonghyun kissing his lips. Minho pushes the smaller man away quickly because he knows he can’t do this to risk Jonghyun and himself in DUBU.

“You don’t like me?” Jonghyun pouts at Minho with sad eyes and red cheeks from the alcohol, “I thought you always ogle at me.”

“N-No… We can’t do this here.” Minho is taken aback at how observant Jonghyun is but his conscious mind tells him not to succumb to such desires.

“Then let’s go to a nearby hotel.” Jonghyun winks and he his own red lips.

 

********************************************************************************

 

Minho isn’t sure why he ends up in a hotel room with Jonghyun. The alcohol he has taken earlier has already affecting his decisions. He can’t be willful…

“Jonghyun, you are drunk. Go to sleep.” Minho tells himself not to do anything that will cause regret for either of them. Ending up in a hotel room is obviously a wrong decision and he has to stop anything further from happening.

“Hmmm…” Jonghyun jumps on to the bed and starts to remove his leather jacket, which he ended up throwing it across the room. “I’m feeling hot.”

Minho picks it up after Jonghyun and hangs it inside the wardrobe nicely. “I will turn down the AC.”

“Choi Minho, you have strong endurance huh?” Jonghyun whines playfully.

“You are boss’s boyfriend, I can’t-” Minho is trying to resist Jonghyun’s seduction despite he likes the smaller guy pretty much.

“I don’t love Onew.” Such confession has shocked Minho, his big eyes glued onto Jonghyun’s chiseled face.

“No one dares to mess up with Kim Jonghyun, because I am Onew’s man. And that is why I agree to be his boyfriend.” Jonghyun continues with a small smirk.

“When I first joined the gang, Onew is still starting up small. His men are usually ferocious, taller and bigger in size. Compared to them, I’m shorter and smaller but my character stands out more. Maybe due to my size and slacking attitude, the men like to bully me or leave me out.” Jonghyun pauses as he slowly removing his socks and shoes.

“For example if I made a mistake, they will gang up and beat me up…” This time Jonghyun looks into the eyes of the standing Minho. “I have no friends but Onew. I don’t know when he started to fall in love with me and I thought I should just accept his confession. I thought that I could nurture and fall in love with him as time passes but… I don’t.”

Minho takes in a deep breath. So Jonghyun has been living like that for quite sometime? He is being disregarded despite his high authority and is feeling very lonely. How is it like to be with someone you don’t love? That will be quite a torture right? How Minho wishes he could accompany Jonghyun at all times.

“Until you came, 3 months ago. I was immediately attracted to you. Was this love at first sight?” Jonghyun whispers softly, with a bit of sensual vibe in his tone. Is this a confession?

Minho stands rooted to the ground, he doesn’t know how to react when your crush seems to like you more than you imagine. The feelings that are reciprocated seem so real. Is this even a crush? Jonghyun is so gorgeous and genuine but he’s so fragile as well, like he is going to break up into pieces anytime. He hopes he could fulfill any requests from the smaller man, even though he may end up with bad consequences.

He sits down on the bed, next to Jonghyun. The smaller man shifts in closer to Minho, waiting for Minho to do something. The cologne scent from him fills Minho’s nostrils and making him light headed at once.

“Jonghyun, I like you as well.” Minho finally finds his courage to confess. He brings his hands forward and slowly sweeping the black fringe hair aside that was covering the smaller man’s beautiful brown eyes. “You are so beautiful and yet forbidden for me to get closer due to your special identity.”

“I allow you to get closer to me. Please forget that I’m boss’s man.” Jonghyun whispers softly. I can be your man as well.”

This sentence allows Minho to lose it as he starts to lean in and ravish Jonghyun’s red pouty lips.

 

The next morning, Jonghyun wakes up in Minho’s arms. It’s so warm that he doesn’t want to leave the bed.

“Morning Minho.” Jonghyun leans in and buries his face into Minho’s bare chest as he starts to feel the taller man touching his skin.

 “Morning Jjong.” Minho speaks with a deep and husky morning voice, which is too y for Jonghyun to handle. He cradles Jonghyun with his left arm carefully yet dotingly, to the petite man’s liking.

“Minho…what should we do about us?” Jonghyun whispers as he starts to peck on to Minho’s cheeks.

“I’m not sure. I think Boss will kill me if he knows about us.” Minho jokes as he uses his free hand to reach for the cigarette box on the bedside table and lights a cig up. He smokes whenever he feels uncertain and worried about something.

Jonghyun sees the younger man holding the cig in his mouth. He snatches his cig playfully and then tries to smoke, blowing the smoke all over Minho’s face.

“Yah!” Minho starts to cough from the sudden inhalation of secondhand smoke and Jonghyun laughs brightly as he snuggles closer. “I willing to risk my life and continue to be with you.”

“I will protect you from any risks.” Minho pecks on his forehead while enjoying the warmth emitted from the other.

 

********************************************************************************

 

It has been 3 months since Jonghyun and Minho are together and 6 months for Minho to stay in DUBU. It is not easy to keep their relationsh

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter