CHAPTER FOUR

Never Forgotten

"The world I lived in stopped, except for me.... I'm the main character so maybe it's the main character's special privilege "


Taehyung's eyes were glued to the flat screen in the lounge room. He had been contionusly watching episodes of his favorite kdrama.


Hyungsik, however, was in dinning room behind him, nose deep in paperwork that he had received from the company.

They were mostly contracts that needed to be signed or renewed. Meetings that needed his approval before scheduling. Or projects that needed his opinion so they could proceed.

Hyungsik massages his temples in attempt to relieve his stress.


He missed work for one day.
How is it possible that so much paperwork had accumulated?

"AHA!" Taehyung's exclaim makes Hyungsik jump in shock causing a few papers to scatter around.

"YAH! WHAT GIVES??" Hyungsik glares daggers at the younger.

Taehyung points at the screen, grinning from ear to ear. "That scene. I totally called it."

Hyungsik curses under his breath. If his eyes could shot lasers, Taehyung would already have a hole going straight through his back.

"All those shows are going to rot your brain." Hyungsik hisses, grabbing the remote and switches the channel.

Taehyung opens his mouth to complain but stops, distracted by the new image that emerged on the screen.

"Kwang Shik Yeol, age 35, found dead in Insadong near a local market. Suspects were last seen driving off in a large white vehicle. Police are currently on high alert looking for these criminals accused of a hit and run homicide. Whether it was intentional or an accident, authorities hope to get to the bottom of this soon."

Hyungsik tunes out the rest of the new's storyline as he reverts his focus back on his work.

"Hey Hyungsik?" A whole minute had passed since the news report before Taehyung finally broke his silence.

"Hm?" Hyungsik didn't bother looking up from the arranged paperwork on his table.

"Do you think... that just maybe... I happened to die like that?"

"Huh? Like what?" To be honest, Hyungsik hadn't been paying much attention to the broadcast on tv.

Silence.

A whole 30 seconds passed before Taehyung spoke again.

"......Do you think I was murdered?"

Hyungsik's eyes finally glance up at the figure sitting in front of him. Surprised that Taehyung's usual teasing tone had strangely turned dark and rigid.

"Yo Tae-"
_________________________

-flashback-

"News of a young man in his early twenties found severely injured in downtown Seoul.

Police have confirmed that the man has been stabbed twice and is currently being rushed to the hospital in critical condition. Information on his identity has not been given out yet.

However, bystanders claim that the man was ambushed and assaulted by a group of three. Investigators are now on the look out for the suspects."
________________________

Hyungsik feels chills run down his spine. 

The question had come out of nowhere that he wasn't uncertain of how to respond. 

Hyungsik pauses, giving himself time to think. Trying to lighten up the subject should ok, right?

"Like I said. You've been watching too much tv. Your death probably happened because your clumsy--self must've fallen off somewhere." It isn't until after Hyungsik said that, that he had wished he had bitten his tongue instead.

Taehyung had died after all. Even it was uncertain of how his death happened, it wasn't something that should be taken lightly.

Come to think of it, didn't that guy... the one from that day... have the same fate as Kwang Shik Yeol? An innocent life, murdered for no apparent reason.


There could always be the possibility that the same had happened to Taehyung.

Hyungsik was filled with instant regret as he doesn't receive a response.

"Way to go, Hyungsik. You've just become the most biggest for letting that slip." Hyungsik repeatedly scolded himself under his breath .

"Aha... HAHAHA..."
the ominous laugh causes Hyungsik's eyebrows to rise in concern.

"....Maybe you're right, Hyung." Taehyung suddenly gets up from the couch and stretches. "Ghost or not Watching all those episodes for so long made my back really take a beating."

Taehyung had changed the topic with a chuckle but just for second, Hyungsik swore he saw emptiness in the spirit's eyes.

**********************