CHAPTER TWO

Never Forgotten

"I HEAR YELLING. WHERE'S THE EMERGENCY?"

Hyungsik's roomate barged in, slashing the pan left and right as if to scare off any intruder.


"WHY ARE YOU SO LOUD?"  

Hyungsik already had enough giving him a headache, he didn't need Dongjun  causing any more unwanted burden.

Dongjun gives him the saddest puppy dog look he could master.
"I came to your rescue and this how you treat me? I'm hurt."

Hyungsik arches an eyebrow, eyeing the pan in Dongjun's hand. "What were you planning to do? Beat someone useless with a kitchen utensil?"

"Pans are actually quite effective."
Taehyung can't help but cut in defensively.

"Stay out of this." Hissed Hyungsik under his breath.

He tries to do this in a low voice so only Taehyung can hear but it only seems to perk Dongjun's attention.

"Talking to yourself again?" Dongjun laughs. This was a perfect teasing opportunity.

Hyungsik jabs his finger towards Taehyung's direction. "No. He's-"
He stops midway once he realizes what he's saying.

Surely there was a way of explaining things without making him look completely insane, right??

There answer is no... There isn't.

He,himself. didn't even know why this was happening . Even if it started several months ago, he still didn't have a logical explanation. And no matter how many months it's been, he still wasn't used to it.

I mean, it's not like he can simply come up to anyone and just say "HEY! You'll never believe this but I can see dead people!"

Well technically, he only saw ONE ghost. 

But still, That literally had "lunatic" written all over it. He would be sent to some mental institution immediately, for sure.

Hyungsik takes a good look at Taehyung's features. Every facial structure was perfectly yet softly chiseled. He could recognize him from across the street if he had too.


However, was  the thing.

Taehyung's appearance was too distinct to the point where there's no way Hyungsik wouldn't recognize him.


In fact, Hyungsik's more than one hundred percent sure that he hasn't even met the guy at all.

There was no way he had done anything to anger the spirit.


So why was this "restless" soul stuck with him?? And mostly, out of all people, why did it have to be him?

Taehyung notices Hyungsik's gaze and grins wide. "Am I that handsome that you can't keep your eyes away?"

Hyungsik scowls. 

Surely there was a way out of this right?
************************


Hyungsik sighs as he hands his choking roommate a napkin.

Dongjun's drink had caught up in his throat as Hyungsik told him about his current problem.

"THE GHOST IS BACK?" Dongjun was still in complete shock.

Dongjun was  the only one who knew about Hyungsik's situation.


 They both grew up with associated fathers so they practically grew up together. After all, Dongjun was the only one Hyungsik could "confide" in. Hyungsik wouldn't dare tell anyone else.
 Surprisingly, Dongjun never doubted him and hadn't thought Hyungsik was completely out of it.

Well... At least he didn't say it.

As time went by though, Dongjun seemed to have easily adapted to the situation much faster than Hyungsik. In other words, Dongjun didnt seem to mind at all.

"See? I told you that you should've gotten an exorcist." Dongjun says this as he takes another bite of his food, completely oblivious to Taehyung's presence.

Taehyung makes a face. " An exorcism sounds painful."

Hyungsik rolls his eyes. "I already tried that."

"Oh yeah... That's true, you have." Taehyung's expression turns thoughtful as he remembers the failed attempt. It actually wasn't painful at all, probably due to the fact that it didn't work.

Hyungsik even tried praying more than usual. But atlas, no avail.
As far as Hyungsik knew, he was stuck with him.

Hyungsik groans and let's his head fall face down against the table.
Both Taehyung and Dongjun wince at the loud Thud.

"Now. Now. Being stuck with the guy can't be that bad. It's just until he can 'move on' , right?" Dongjun tries to look at it positively in other to comfort his friend.

He had a point, that was true. Taehyung did mention how he'll be able to leave once his "promise" was fulfilled.

However, turns out that even Taehyung had no idea what that "promise" was and was just as clueless as the rest of them.


And to be honest, Hyungsik didn't loathe him... And he didn't see any harm in helping the spirit out, it was just that currently he already had more than enough to deal with.

*Ring Ring Ring*

Hyungsik looks up as he notices that is was his phone. He lets out another groan as he sees the caller id.

"Responsibilities, huh?" Dongjun chuckles at Hyungsik's dark
expression.

He lets the phone continue to ring, however, when a second call comes in and the phone starts ringing again, he's forced to answer.
Taehyung leans in close to listen to the phone call as well but Hyungsik doesn't bother to shoo him away.

"Mr. Park. I'm sorry to bother you but this is an urgent matter."

It was one of his staff speaking. A call from the agency.

"What's the matter?"

Surely things couldn't get any worse.

"Well... Sir... You see..." The staff pauses. "Well... Your sister's in the building."

Hyungsik's body tenses.
He took that back, things could get worse.

 **********************