CHAPTER ONE

Never Forgotten

"Babe~ Time to wake up now."

Hyungsik hummed, shifting a little in response to the low gentle words that filled his ears.

He wanted to plead "Just five more minutes..." but had no energy to do so. After all, he had gotten home late from his agency last night and had still yet to catch up on any sleep.

"You're going to be late"

Who could have such a deep yet relaxing voice?

To be honest, It only made him sleepier.

Hyungsik was about to doze back into a deep sleep when he suddenly felt a hand give him a firm shake.

"Honeeyyy~" the voice grows louder.

Come to think of it....

Wasn't this voice too low? Too teasing?

Hyungsik's eyebrows begin to furrow in realization.

And the curiosity that was eating him alive force his eyes to snap open....Only to find the horror of another man's face just inches away.


 It takes every ounce of himself to restrain the taunting scream that lingered in the back of his throat.

He could literally feel the blood draining from his face as it proceeded to turn a pale white.

"Taehyung." The name escapes Hyungsik's lips in a low hiss as he recognizes the familiar face.

With one swift movement, Hyungsik  jumps out of bed and create some distance between them.

The other man, however, blinks and greets him with a genuine smile.

"Morning!"

Hyungsik scowls at the cheerful expression.
Taehyung had interrupted his peaceful sleep. Not to mention that he  almost gave Hyungsik a heart attack.  How dare he act so happy?

Irritated, Hyungsik reaches out, grabs the nearest pillow, and flings it harshly at the man.

Taehyung dodges it with ease but winces at the thought of impact. He points towards the direction of the pillow.
"It almost seems like you wanted that to hurt me."

Oh he had no idea.

If he had the ability to, Hyungsik would've kicked him out ages ago.

Hyungsik exhales and rubs his temples. His head was throbbing with the sudden backlash of deja vu.

____________________________

-flashback-

"Yo Hyungsik. You sure you're ok your own, man?" 

The drunk man meets the concern gazes of his friends with a nonchalant gaze of his own.

"Offf coouurrrsseee~" Hyungsik lazily waves his friends off; his words coming out in drunken slurs. "You alllsss have nothing to worry abbooouttt. Zip. ZEERRROO. Naadaaa~" 

This however did not convince his friends.

It was the day that Hyungsik had been officially announced as the heir of C.G Entertainment so everyone in the agency decided to go out and  celebrate.

After finishing 3 bottles of the strongest liquors there, however,  Hyungsik literally clinged to anybody in his sight. Practically told every single one that he loved them.

Soon after that fiasco, his group of coworkers were forced to drag him out of the club because Hyungsik could hardly stand up anymore.

He recalled waking up with a throbbing headache the next morning, feeling like complete crap. 

He recalled catching something shift from the corner of his eye and  To his horror, He instantly he realized that he wasn't the only one in the room.

The tall figure in the far corner had waved slightly. "Seeing how you can actually see me, I guess I should introduce myself." The man took a step closer, letting Hyungsik get a clear look of his face.

"I'm Taehyung." 

___________________

That was literally how it started.

At first, Hyungsik was convinced his friends had pulled a prank on him for drinking so much. 

It was a more logical than what Taehyung had told him that day.

And honestly, what he said seemed like utter nonsense. Complete bull. As if Hyungsik would believe that Taehyung was a "ghost" who couldn't move on into the afterlife.

It was something one would only read in horror books or anything but reality.

However, once Hyungsik found out that he was the only one who could see the young man,  he was forced to face the fact of Taehyung's presence.

The only plus side to this  if you could even call it that,   was that Hyungsik hadn't drank a single drop of alcohol since that day.

He was traumatized with the taught that if he hadn't gotten drunk, this whole ordeal wouldn't have happened.


How long ago was it again?


5? 6? 7 months?


Ugh... Honestly who cared? Hyungsik rather not think about that. It would only make his headache worse.

 

"Why are you here?" Hyungsik raises an eyebrow, questioningly.


He thought he had seen the last of Taehyung weeks ago...

When Taehyung had decided to venture on by himself and claimed he would be able to find his purpose on his own.


Unfortunately, they both had thought wrong....

 

"About that..." Taehyung focuses on fixing his bangs in attempt to not make any eye contact .

***********************

"WHAT?!?"

Taehyung rolls his eyes at Hyungsik's sudden exclaim "Stop exaggerating, besides, It's not like I have much of a choice either."

 Hyungsik was still in complete and utter shock. Did he honestly hear him right? Or was he losing his mind? 

Was he seriously stuck with this guy just because some dark cloaked stranger, what Tae had called "an angel", said so??

Why did he have to be associated with the guy in the first place, anyways?

It must be some twisted joke. 

Hyungsik begged internally for someone to tell him it was only a joke.

But unfortunately, that wasn't going to happen.

The door suddenly flies open with a loud booming BANG.

Causing both Taehyung and Hyungsik  to flinch at the sound.

If open a bit more harsher it would've surely caused a hole in the wall.

Kim Dongjun, Hyungsik's roommate, comes barging in at once, a large pan armed in his hand.

"I HEARD YELLING. WHERE'S THE EMERGENCY?"

***********************