CHAPTER THREE

Never Forgotten

Hyungsik hated to admit it but... if it weren't for Taehyung waking him up, he'd still be lounging in bed.

Dongjun claimed that he, himself, was about to wake him; but even Hyungsik knew that was a complete lie.

Hyungsik focuses his attention on fixing the buttons of his sleeve, chuckling softly to himself as he recalls what happened a few minutes ago.


_________________________


"You have a sister?" Taehyung voice perked up. "Is she cute?"

"That's none of your business." Hyungsik gave Taehyung an intimidating glare as he ended the call.

"You want me to yourself. Is that why you refuse to let me meet your family? Are you jealoousss~?" Taehyung teasingly pokes Hyungsik's cheek.

Hyungsik rolls his eyes and clicks his tongue in annoyance. "Give me a break." He whacks Taehyung's hand away and hisses "Back off." under his breath.

Come to think of it, despite popping out of nowhere every so often, Taehyung had barely been involved with any of Hyungsik's personal matters.

To Hyungsik, this was a plus. He rather not have the soul attached to him more than it had to.
_________________________


"Mr. Park!"


Hyungsik looks up at the sound of his name.
One of the staff members approached him, relief clearly shown on her face.

"I'm glad you arrived. I wasn't sure how to handle situation with both you and your father gone."

Right.

His father had recently left for a business trip. Or what Hyungsik called "luxurious vacation" a "waste of time".


Thus leaving Hyungsik in charge of the agency while his father was away. This also resulted in the lack of sleep and sudden stress he was carrying recently.

But that's a different issue.

Hyungsik gives the employee an understanding smile.
"Is she still here?"

"She's- " the staff member knew exactly who Hyungsik was refering to but before she's is able to respond, a pair of arms reach out and embrace Hyungsik from behind.

It wasn't hard for him to guess who it was.

"SIKKIE~" the light bell sounding voice greets him with joy as the girl continues to nuzzle her face into his back "I missed you!"

Hyungsik chuckles and turns so he's able to face his gleaming sister . "Sooyoung. You're here?"

Sooyoung was currently a year younger than Hyungsik. And although they're not related by blood, the uncanny similarity between the two could easily make anyone believe they were. You could say beauty ran in their family.

Sooyoung's eyebrows furrow and her lips fall into a frown. "What's with that reaction? Are you disappointed?"

Hyungsik shakes his head. "It's just that I thought you were staying in England longer..."

"Well that's-"

"Lovely Sooyoung! What are you doing in Korea?" This time it's Dongjun who spoke.

Hyungsik was glad it was only Dongjun who approached them.
He had made it clear to Taehyung that he rather not have him tag along and it seemed that he got the memo.

"About that..." Sooyoung tucks a strand of her light honey hair behind her ear and stares directly into her brother's eyes. "I'm here to get married."

Both Dongjun's and Hyungsik's eyebrows rise is disbelief.


"Married?"


***************
Taehyung lets out a soft hum. His eyes glancing up at the sky ever so often as he continued to stroll across the sidewalk.

It's been seven months.

Seven months since he's been stuck in this lifeless stage. Seven months of questioning his purpose.

Neither alive nor dead.... just in the dead center.

Invisible to the world around him. 

He attempts kicking a stick out of his way.However, the stick doesn't budge.

A clear sign to prove that his presence was invalid in this world.


Still, No matter how much he thought about it, he found it strange that he had no memory of how he ended like this.

How did he  die?

The few words of the the man who had appeared to him that day were the only clue he had.

"The heir is connected to you. You'll need to stick to him if you want to move on."

That man dressed in the dark cloak had been visiting him lately and for some odd reason, Taehyung felt as there was more to that ominous man.

Taehyung shakes his head as a light pain throbbed through his veins. 

That had been happening a lot recently too. The pain...

 

Taehyung figured it hard to do with his death. And although sometimes it became unbearable, it was another clue he could use.

 

Despite the enjoyment Taehyung got in the beginning from teasing the uptight Hyungsik, he couldn't do it forever.

He needed to figure out why he was still connected to this world and why Hyungsik seemed to be the answer. 

**************


"Here to get married? With who?" Hyungsik was still hoping he heard wrong.

"Him." She spat out one single word.

That still didn't answer his question. Dongjun, however, beams at her response.

"ME??" Dongjun claps a hand over his heart, eyes round. "Wow Sooyoung...! I don't know what to say."

Sooyoung is quick to seethe the words "Not You." through her teeth to which Dongjun winces, wondering why the Park family had to be so harsh.

Hyungsik arches an eyebrow, still waiting for his stepsister to explain.

" You know! Him. " Sooyoung faces her brother with hopeful eyes. "The guy who saved me that day."

Hyungsik's blood runs cold.

Understanding the situation, Dongjun opens his mouth to speak.
"That's not possible. He's no longer -"


Hyungsik jabs his elbow into Dongjun's stomach, cutting him from saying anything else. This causes Dongjun to cough and step back in pain.

Sooyoung,however, doesn't suspect anything from her brother's action.

"Are you sure you want to do that?" Hyungsik's eyes narrow in concern.

"I've spent all that time in England thinking about it. I've already made up my mind."

Hyungsik exhales, his throbbing headache from earlier was suddenly coming back. "We'll talk about this later."

"But wait I-"

Hyungsik doesn't give her a chance to speak as he orders the staff to take her home.

Dongjun recovers his composure in time to see them walk Sooyoung out. He glares at his friend in irritation.

"That was a stupid move. You should've told her."

"Did you see her face? She shouldnt know.... atleast not now."

_________________________________________

 

 

SIDE NOTE:::

Hello sunshines! Just a quick reminder

____________________

Flashbacks will be shown like this. (In italic)

___________________

"Sooyoung" is not intended to be

the Sooyoung from GG. I just choose a random name and stuck with it lol.

Just wanted to thank you all for the support so far. You guys are awesome!