A Helping Hand

How I Became Friends With The Matoki

For a moment, no one moves and everyone's eyes do the talking-

Yongguk's eyes dance between my face and Himchan's as they enter some weird conversation with the rapid rising and falling of their eyebrows-

-Youngjae comes to life and hurries to the rabbit's side and bundles it up like a burrito while speaking in a high, nervous voice to me, "Noona-this is just..... a magic trick, ahahahaha.....ha.....ha-"

-Jongup fumbles the other bags in his arms in a comical way as he loks unsure of himself, but then he looks over to my side where Zelo was and lets out a noise of his own-

-My own head whips to my side where Zelo was once standing next to me-

-But now there is another rabbit; now that it is closer, I notice that the tips of its ears just brush the top of my hip. This one has what looks to be a crank on its head and a blue mask. This bunny is crying, shivering and trying to stop but it can't-big, shimmering pearls leaves its eyes as it rubs its cheeks in frustration.

I couldn't help myself-

-Kneeling down, my anger evaporating, I pick up the rabbit as a mother would pick up a crying toddler-

-and I try to start and comfort it, petting it and rubbing its soft back as it nuzzled into my shoulder, its sobs shaking my neck and chest, "Hey, hey there, don't cy, it's okay now, it's alright."

For some reasons unbeknownst to me, I just......knew. I knew that Daehyun was also Kekemato, and Junhong was now Totomato. And for some reason, I wasn't completely freaked out.

After a while, Toto stopped shivering in my arms and I looked up to see everyone else looking at me in various degrees of amazement, "Noona........" Yongguk let out, unfolding his arms as Youngjae sinks down to the couch, still holding a properly cocooned Kekemato in his arms, and I quickly said, "Don't worry, your secret's safe with me."

Himchan raises an eyebrow at me, and he waves his hand as he fumbles for the English words, "But....you could....get much money...if you told..... your government?"

I laughed as Toto finally calmed down in my arms-he seemed content to relax there, sliding his arms around my neck and resting his head there,whiskers tickling my collarbone and his long ears down and to the side as I patted his back encouragingly, "Nah, that isn't cool."

I looked at Keke and Toto  with curosity, and Youngjae must've heard what I was thinking for he quickly spoke up, "It only happens....when we are....hmm-stressed!!!We....can't control it......when," but I understood right away, and finished his sentence for him, "When too much happens, I getcha."

I sit down next to Youngjae on the couch and reach into the bag, waving a steaming bun over the cocoon that the vocalist was holding-

-first, a cute little nose and set of silver whiskers poke out and sniffed the air, followed by the rest of Keke's head. He looked at me in fear, but then relaxed as Toto squeaked out in a voice that completely caught me off-guard, "It's alright, hyung-it's safe."

Keke wriggled out of his wraps but was content to sit in Youngjae's lap and eat the bun that he took from me with grateful eyes, "Thank you noona~I thought I was gonna die!!!" His voice was squeaky as well, and I couldn't help it-

-I grabbed him up in a hug and squealed, "Oh my god-you are soooo cute!!!" He squirmed in my arms,round body warm and giggles escaping his mouth  as Jongup laughed, and I kissed the top of his head, "You are perfect." I looked around the room,and spoke in my best Korean, "All of you are perfect, okay? Your fans, we love you, no matter what you are-because of who you are."

Toto looked down, "Thanks but, I'm not strong enough-I couldn't protect hyung, so I freaked out and now," the little rabbit gestured to his body, and Yongguk patted him on the head consolingly, and said in his basement deep voice, "It's alright, you were brave."

I laughed, "Yeah-you defended me, your noona, remember?"

Toto brightened up at that, and took a bun for himself as I passed Yongguk one-

-He gave me a ghost of his gummy smile, but it was enough to send my heart fluttering-

-But I was curious, "If Zelo and Daehyun sound like this, then.....what do Himchan and Yongguk sound like?" Himchan laughed as he said charmingly,making eye contact with Yongguk before looking at me, "You'll just have to find out at our private afterparty tonight, at the Four Seasons Hotel."

I choke on my spit as Toto goes back and shyly hides in the crook of my neck as I stutter out, "B-but I am not a performer, celebrity or anything like that-no one special."

Yongguk took off one of his rings and placed it in my palm,the warm silver feeling nice there, "No, you are someone better than that-you're BAP's friend."

I blushed as Keke, his mouth full with his second bun, leans up and kisses me on the cheeks, "This is the beginning of something cool." 

-And then I woke up. 

THE END!!!!