Restroom Troubles

How I Became Friends With The Matoki

"Alright, are you guys ready?!"

Everyone around me screams with anticipation and wave their lightsticks from different fandoms as the Inkigayo MC, a young, muscled up male idol grins and waves out to the crowd, the cameras around us flashing bright lights and confetti dropping everywhere as he speaks flirtatiously again, "I can't heaaaaar youuuuu~"

I feel some regret that for the life of me, I can't think of this charismatic guy's name with his crazy blonde-blue hair that he's got working for him, and someone next to me shrieks out, "I love you, Wonho!!!!Have my babies!!!!" Oh. My bad. There are too many boy bands out nowadays.....le sigh...

"Don't worry, everyone~we will be back after a quick intermission. Until then, don't go too far, and don't get hurt~you mean so much to us!!!"

We cheer again, as the lights come up and the ushers begin filing us out, row-by-row.

I am happy to be in the moving mass of 95% fangirls, 5% fanboys as we chatter about excitedly in the lounge area, where there are merchandise shops and little old ladies and men selling random steamy foods from their carts. The area is lively, everyone is friendly and the smells are incredible-but I realize that I have been standing for at least 4 hours without taking a bathroom break-my bladder is screaming at me for release.

I excuse myself from a growing debate between which idols had the best vocal range while warming up, and I wander off toward a hallway that has the universal sign hanging at the top with the 'man/woman/uni' pictures for bathroom.

Feeling encouraged, I begin speed walking, my bladder happily uncramping as I try to think about anything not involving water.

The noise behind me starts to get quieter as I move down the hall, the beige and shiny hall offering me multiple doors that all have Korean Hangul on them. I can read Hangul, but for the life of me, I can't remember the word for 'restroom'.

A door opens and I find myself running into someone's shoulder, "Aaaah, sorry about that.....ummm....."

Looking up, I lose my voice temporarily as I see that my face has made acquaintances with none other than BAP maknae, Zelo's shoulder.

He lets out a small chuckle as I bow to him, slightly starstruck and apologizing in Korean, "It's.....alright noona.My English is okay. Are you...okay?"

I am charmed that he is trying to communicate with his foreign fan in English, and so I laugh, "Zelo-ssi, I am looking for the bathroom. Please help me."

The maknae laugh and points at his chest, "Follow me please-it isn't that far. You passed it, noona."

He walks me to the bathroom while we randomly start talking about various things, from getting his hair that pretty rose color to life questions, me having to match his long strides with a light jog of my own, "Where are you from?America? That's cool.Have you had Shake Shack burgers?They're delicious!!! I think Trump is a jerk."

All too soon, we are back, and I get a sad look as the chatter from the lounge gets louder because we are in its vicinity, and Zelo gets a scared look on his face, coughs nervously, and goes to stand beside a tall,potted plant, the crown of his hair just visible over the leafy fronds.

I laugh because he is trying to be brave in front of me, the girl, but at the same time I know he is scared because there are always creepy sasaeng fans around.

I hand him my bag, "Here, hold this.  It's dark green so you can blend in, and there's a heavy book in there if you have to defend yourself."

He finally breaks out into a laugh and a real smile as I run inside, do my business, and come out.

This time, he is pressed against the wall with Jongup and Youngjae huddled close to him; everyone's dressed in casual clothes and the former looking sleepy/indifferent while the latter speaking in a fast Korean whisper, and Youngjae is waving his phone at Zelo's face  while the youngest of the three is looking sheepish, "Yah-we've been looking for you!!Where have you been?!We were worried you were kidnapped!!"

I step in, and bowed quickly, "Sorry, he was helping me out-I couldn't find the bathroom."

Immediately, Youngjae blushes and tries to switch over to English as Zelo smiles at me in gratitude and hands me back my bag, "Aaah, it's.....alright noona. Manager.......called us together."

I peek around the corner towards the lounge, and either Jongup's or Zelo's stomach growled, I can't remember, but I turn to look at them and all 3 are blushing. I laugh, "Tell me what you want-I will go and buy it for you." Zelo translates this for his hyungs, and Jongup smiles at me, finally looking awake, "Thank you very much, noona."

I laugh and shake my head, "No, thank your maknae. This is my payback."

Zelo peeks over the top of the palm-tree type plant and quickly looks around before pointing to a steamed bun cart, and I smile, "Wait here please," I start laughing because now it's 3 grown idols squatting in between 2 potted plants like some sort of Kpop idol mystery drama.

I make my way through the chattering people again and go over to the cart, "Excuse me, 3 buns-no, 12 please," I do quick math in my head and decide to get more, 2 for each member.

I quickly jog back to the shrubbery with 2 very full, hot bags of greasy, yummy food, and Jongup quickly stands and takes the bags from me like they weigh nothing, and I realize (in a non-ual way) that those muscles he has aren't just for show as he also takes my backpack from me as Zelo looks surpised, "You bought a lot?"

I scratched my head, "Yeah, for you and your team. Everybody must be hungry."

Youngjae, Jongup and Zelo look at each other and then look at me, and then Zelo smiles like I have passed a test,"You......can come with us-we like you."

I blush as Jongup says in cute accented English, "You aren't........a creepy fan.We.....will give you......... a sign."

I say to him, "Sign?" and Jongup quickly corrects himself, "Aaah, a signed CD."

The four of us walked back down the hallway as my heart leaps in excitement, but that grows to fear as we round the corner and there's the sound of an argument breaking out.

Youngjae mutters, "Oh no..." as a door opens.......