End

Pandora Box

"Which part did I get incorrectly?" The brunette's eyebrows furrowed. 

"The whole part! I repeat, you're completely misunderstanding this!" The dark-haired girl finally put her hands down. She mirrored Jennie then; knees pulled closer to her bosom and arms were enveloping them. 

"Am I?" Jennie asked, rather to herself instead of to her companion. 

"Yes, you totally are" The older's voice had grown not only calmer, but sadder. None of them was brave enough to look at each other. "It is not Seulgi I am in love with. She is someone I really look forward to becoming best friends with, but not the one I... Not the girl I told you the first time when you caught me crying"

Jennie found herself astonished. All this time and it was not Kang Seulgi? But wait...

"Well, it does not matter if it's not Seulgi. Whoever it is, if you find yourself happy with her, then I will-"

"What if it is you, Jennie Kim?" 

Jennie swallowed her saliva hard. Either she was not paying attention or Jisoo mentioned the wrong name, but she did not think that she caught that right. "Huh?"

The older girl had then faced her once again, so did she to Jisoo. She could see her roommate's orbs glistening with tears. Anxiety and hope were both present in those eyes. 

"It's you, Jendeukie. All this time I have been talking about you"

"Me?"

"God, can you get any more dense" Jisoo wiped one drop of liquid that had stubbornly decided to run down from her eyes, yet at the same time, she let out a chortle. "But to think about it, it's not really your fault. I caused it. I probably led you to think like that, realizing it or not, because I did not actually want to let you know"

"But why?" Jennie could finally find the strength to open again. It had only been seconds, yet she felt she had been numb for hours. 

"Because it is so embarassing, and I am afraid of what you will say" The older answered while burying her head in between her knees; her words sounded stifled. "I don't want us to grow awkward with each other if it doesn't work out. I will totally hate that, and the idea has been terrifying me to no end these days"

Jennie took the quiescence that ensued as an opportunity to recollect her thoughts. Apparently, that was what it seemed to have made Jisoo put a distance between them these past few days. She thought she had been the only one, and she could not believe that her crush had in fact been not any less depressed than she had.

She did not look at the clock, but she knew it had barely been minutes since they started talking and yet, so much had struck her mind. She made use of the moment to take all the information in. 

First thing first, what she felt was not one-sided, after all. The whole time she was in love with the oldest fellow member, and she had no idea that the girl was reciprocating. That totally called for a celebration. 

Second after that, though, and more importantly, did this mean she could date her? There would be myriads of things to take into account. How would she date her? Like, what would they do to try to conceal it from everybody's sight except from the remaining two members? Sure, just minutes ago she was going all out to show her support for her unnie to make it happen with Seulgi, but then with the fact that it was Jennie Kim, herself, and not Kang Seulgi, could she still allege the same thing for herself?

"Jendeukie..." Jisoo's voice pulled her back from her mind journey. A look to the left revealed her to the sight of a worried Jisoo fixing her eyes on her. "Jendeuk, you are not mad at me, are you?"

How could Jisoo even for a second think that she got on her nerves? "No, of course not, Kim Chichoo"

"Jendeukie, let's just... Forget all of this. Forget me ever saying all these to you and let's just... be friends, like we have always been. Should we?" 

And then this girl was pushing an attempt to make her forget everything magically, just like that? How could she? 

"How could you?" The brunette shot a glare at the other girl. It was simply a soft sort of glare, not the one you found on someone who was enraged, but it still seemed to intimidate Jisoo as the older averted her eyes. "You confessed to me and you are calling it off without even giving me the chance to say anything from my side, to at least let you know about how I feel, all this time, about you" 

She let out a short, deep breath.

"I have been having my eyes for you since we were still trainees" Jennie sniffed. "Back then I thought what I felt for you was just extreme attachment, like I had never known how it felt to have a sister until I met you. I tried to dupe myself into thinking that way for so long a time, but-" 

"...But?"

"But then it sank on me that this is not just a sisterly feeling. A sisterly feeling should not include wanting you beside me all the time, or having you perch on my mind at nights. I... It is so embarassing to say this, but I imagine doing romantic things with you. A sisterly feeling definitely does not include the last one"

The older girl decided to stay silent for five seconds or so, until Jennie heard her voice again. "Is it... Is it safe to say then... That you are feeling the same way?"

"I am, I really am" Jennie dared herself to look at her companion, but this time it was Jisoo's turn to avoid her stare. "I tried to hold it back, though, because I dared not dream that you would ever return the feeling" 

"Why not?" With that, Jennie succeeded on making Jisoo turn at her for one more time. This time, though, none seemed to bother to flicker even just for a bit, eyes locked and hypnotized. 

"Because you are so lovable. You could make any girl, or guy, out there swoon for you. Your gorgeous, cute face. Your smile. Your sunshine-like charm. How could someone like me ever even get a hold of your attention?"

They were still facing each other. None bothered to make a slight movement. Jisoo was once again riveting her attention, but it was only a few seconds later that Jennie realized that the dark-haired girl's focus was not on her eyeballs. She was gawking at Jennie's lips, and the fact that it lasted for a half-minute or so made Jennie want to do nothing but staring back at the older's lips. She gulped, then, resisting the urge. 

Like a bee finding its honey, Jisoo was magnetized towards her in slow motion. Jennie, too, was slowly taking note of the face that was invading her personal space, of the diminishing distance between their lips. Still, she was too paralyzed to do anything. For a moment she thought that she must have been in a dream, and even if she was in one, she hoped that she would not wake up until it took place. Until Jisoo's lips touched hers. 

When she could finally feel the other's lips on hers, however, she knew it was not a dream. It was too real to be a dream. The way Jisoo's soft, fleshy lips made contact with her was too concrete. Jennie's eyes forgot how to blink during the short, fleeting peck. It was a hasty one, but enough to remain in the brunette's mind for the rest of her days on earth. Jisoo felt so nice; there was no other way to put it into words. 

"I could not find any way to define how misguided you have been thinking about it all this time" Jisoo initiated, seconds after they were both too frozen to say anything. "Jennie Kim, you never realize how beautiful you are. You had no idea of how enchanting you look, on stage, particularly. Your charismatic presence. So don't ever mention it as if you were of no value"

They fell silent again after that and meanwhile, a lot was going in Jennie's mind. She felt like a broken movie with such a jumbled plot was being played in her brain; recollections of all the troubled moments in the past got scrambled with worries of the future, added by the blissful feeling of the present. Of all those things, though, her mind had randomly picked up one specific scene. 

"I have a question for you" She spoke up. 

"Hm?" Jisoo still had her knees to her chest, but her aura had looked less clouded now. 

"Didn't you say that the said girl is a dork?"

"Yes, I did"

"Why in the world would you think I am a dork? I am the most languid you can ever find out there"

Jisoo giggled upon the claim. "To me, you are. You never take notice of anything about yourself, but you truly are. Like, how adorable you look when you try hard to pull an aegyo. How squishy your cheeks become when you show your gummy smiles. Like this"

The dark-haired girl then used her point fingers to stretch her lips, attempting to mimick the way the younger girl normally flashed her so-called gummy smiles. Jennie felt her lips turn up involuntarily and she unconsciously tittered. 

"See? Just like that!" Jisoo pointed at her. A wide smile was plastered on her face. "You just did it again"

The two exchanged a grin afterwards before their locked gaze parted ways. Another silence had filled the air for the nth time that night, but this time it somehow felt different. It was no longer a heavy, poisonous silence that existed before, but was more like a tranquilizing kind of silence. Like a thunderstorm had just died down and the atmosphere was trying to regain its composedness.

So it was for Jennie as well. She realized that she was still completely at a loss as of where their relationship would be heading, but for some reasons, none of the things really seemed that frigthening to her anymore. Time was all that both of them required to figure out the answer, and she trusted herself that it would not take that long. 

"Look" Jennie brought her palm to Jisoo's cheek, trying to convey the warmth to the other girl. "I have to admit I don't know what we should do, but I love you, please know that. For me now, personally, there is nothing more important than knowing that we are still together every day, that we still can see each other and do things together. Please, at least for now, don't let this change any of those, okay?"

It did not take long for Jisoo to beam a smile at her, and even though the older girl did not state anything, that smile convinced Jennie that Jisoo was on nodding terms with her perspective. "Don't let this be a barrier for Jendeukie to jindeuk onto me" 

The wordplay succeeded to lighten up the younger girl's expression even more. "Let's sleep it off for today, unnie. Don't forget the fact that you are tired"

The older was the one closer to the switch button, so she went and in a blink of an eye, light escaped the room and darkness came to replace it. Jennie waited for a few seconds in her position, only to watch the faint figure of the dark-haired girl walking back to her bed. Having made sure that Jisoo was safe and sound under her blanket, she threw herself onto the pillow and enveloped herself in the warm cover.

Jennie had her eyes closed already, but inside she was still fully awake, reminiscing all the twist of plot that had unpredictably came to pass that day. Life was really full of events that were never expected to unfold, she learned that before, but never thought the quote could be any more relevant to her life. She was sure only a few minutes had ticked by since then when all of a sudden she felt her bed creaking softly. Her body was staying still, and her bed was not defected either. It could only mean...

"Jendeuk, I want to sleep with you" 

Just like that, Jisoo was then lying next to her. Jennie's head made a slight turn to where she could feel the other girl's breath coming from. Before she even had the chance to take a glance of Jisoo's face, however, the older girl's arms had found their ways to wrap around her waist and her head had snuggled onto her shoulder. Jisoo's facial features were concealed behind her long bang. 

Frankly speaking, Jennie tensed up at first. It was not as if the body that was next to her gave her a different feeling; Jisoo was still emanating that kind of serene heat around her. It was just that her body had never reacted this way towards the other girl's presence before. Was it because her brain was fully aware that they were different from the way they used to be? That she could no longer savour Jisoo's aura without weighing the knowledge that they both had developed feelings that were more than just friendship, or sisterhood?

She heard Jisoo's breathing again, then, and it became her focus for the minutes that followed. Her unnie seemed to have given in to drowsiness completely, so she cautiously moved her arm from the girl's head to be able to see her face. When Jennie could finally draw out the lines of her face, thanks to the assistance of the moonlight that shone through the curtain, she noticed of how soundly Jisoo was fast asleep. The oldest member was dazzling even when sleeping. The archangelic face worked its effect on Jennie like a sedative pill, and the younger girl's muscles lost their stiffness. 

No, Jisoo was doing this because that was how they were: knowing no skinship boundaries between each other. Nothing had changed, and nothing would, regardless of what would become of their status the following day, the following month, the following year. She had Jisoo in her life, and that alone was enough at least for that night, if not for forever. She turned her body then, facing Jisoo, and admired the beauty of the sleeping princess for as long as her exhausted body let her. 

"Be mine" She whispered, seconds before drifting into the dream land. 

In her dream, she opened a Pandora box, but the only thing she found inside was an angry Dalgom.

 

___________________________________________________

Please kindly leave some comments, so I know whether you would like me to write another Jensoo fic. It will be a valuable motivation for me. Thank you for reading this. :)