Part I

Pandora Box

To someone who was as dense as Jennie Kim, watching the absurd actions committed by her 4D fellow-member Jisoo was amusing most of the time. Spotting an imperturbable expression on the face of the dark-haired girl was a rare occasion, let alone any trace of forlorn or depression. Sometimes Jennie's mind wandered to one of the biggest questions in her life: Will Jisoo ever cry?

She decided to paraphrase that somehow, after recalling a certain moment in the past where the older girl admitted that she never, and would never, let her tears spill if any witness is present (she wondered if that also included the dog - Dalgom, or not). So the real question would be whether she would actually ever witness Jisoo cry.

She figured out the answer to the mystery not long after, and it was a distress to know that she did not know exactly what to feel about it. It was an ease to acknowledge that Jisoo was just a normal creature who broke down at times, yet on the other side, it broke her heart to the core of it. 

In case any of her members or anyone out there inquired, she still remembered every single detail of how it took place. It was kind of unexpected; she just returned from some rap-training class one afternoon, only to be welcomed by the quiescence of the dorm. The fact that the pets were left playing on their own (they were biting each other's face, again) in the living room became another proof that the rest of the apartment's occupant was gone. 

She opened the door of the bedroom that she shared with the older girl; still without any notion of other being's presence. The sight of the bedroom revealed otherwise, however, as the image of her roommate's figure sticking out through the blanket was finally noticeable to her eyes. The dark strands of hair let her know that the person could be none other than Jisoo. 

"Unnie, you're home? I thought-" Her speech was immediately put to a pause when a sniffle was heard. Jisoo was perhaps just having sudden flu attack. "I thought you were away. It is so quiet around"

The girl on the bed simply stirred a bit. "Ah, is that so? Next time I'll ask Dalgomi and Kuma to make some noise" 

Jennie rolled her eyes on that, imagining Jisoo doing the 'make some noise!' pose like idols do during concerts to the dogs and receving complete-ignorance treatment from the animal. Then she would still unbelievably force them to do the tricks. Yeah, that's very plausible. 

Wait a minute. Jisoo's voice did sound hoarse and... nasally?

"Unnie, are you alright?" 

"Yes. Why?" It was the first time she remarked that the older had not even turned her head to pay a look on her. It was not that she had to; it was just something uncommon from Jisoo. 

"You... are not by any chance having a cold?" 

"No. Ah, you mean this voice? Well I think I might be getting the symptoms" Still, Jisoo was steady in her position. Jennie took notice that the girl's face remained half-buried under the blanket.

"Then why haven't you met my gaze?"

"...I am feeling waaay too comfortable in my position" The dark-haired girl replied. The more she uttered her words, the more obvious it got that she was not using her usual voice. Jennie's eyebrows formed wrinkle; it was almost clear that the girl who was now lying before her was deviating from the normal Jisoo she knew. 

"Unnie, look at me" Jennie said, almost instructing instead of telling.

"I don't want to... I told you that this is toooo convenient..." 

"I will cook anything for you if you do it" 

"I am not hungry. I have had something earlier"

The older's stubborness elicited a sigh from the younger. Had it been any other individual out there, Jennie would have simply shrugged this off, closed the door and left, but she was concerned with the girl. She was always genuinely bent for anything Jisoo. People and the fans could call her whipped for all she cared, but if it was for Jisoo, she would do things she had never committed in her entire life. That was how far she could measure herself in her infatuation for her oldest fellow member. 

Did Jisoo know that she was in love with her? That was honestly another massive pandora box to be opened, and at that moment it was not emergency to have it answered. She conducted her action then, with pulling the blanket full-force as the first step. Jisoo's whine was the next thing she heard, and it only got louder when Jennie finally succeeded to uncover her face. The cat-eyed girl cupped the two cheeks of Jisoo before trying to make eye-contact with her. Jisoo squirmed as a sign of protest and soon used the pillow as a place to hide her features like they were some kind of invaluable  treasure. 

"Unnie look at me, please" Jennie pleaded. She had never pleaded, not even to her parents. "What happened? Why won't you look at me?" 

"Iyemhthyipiyifmiawon" Her utterances were slurred due to her buried face. Jennie mentally made an honest note that she would have grinned like crazy if it had not been for the situation, thinking how adorable Jisoo's language was. 

"I won't until you show me your face for just one- no, at least three seconds!" 

The dark-haired girl did not respond, but Jennie realized that she would eventually give up. There was no way one could survive long after suffocating herself with the pillow like that. Her hunch was legit, for a few seconds after that, Jisoo's head resurrected from where it had been snuggled into before. The older unveiled her face reluctantly at last, and Jennie swore she had never felt her heart torn so badly. 

If there had been any history when an angel fell, that must be how she looked like. Her eyes were considerably swelled, with strings of red still tainting the white area. The same reddish shade was apparent on her nose and her lips were evidently dry. It was not the physical things that pained Jennie's soul, though, but the lost of radiance in those features which were normally so bright and lively. Eyes which were like a never-setting sun and lips that had always formed archangelic smiles before; they seemed to have escaped somewhere. 

"Unnie..." Jennie called her; she did not realize how her voice had become so weak. 

"I am okay" Jisoo shot a fade smile; the kind which was in contrast with her usual ones. 

"No, you are clearly not. And both of us know that there is no need to cover up anything" The younger's tone grew firm. "We never do anyway. Hiding anything from each other" 

"You're right" The older sniffed. "But I just have never shown my tears in front of other people" 

"And you still haven't" Jennie's lips slightly turned up. "You merely showed me your aftermath face" 

That managed to tickle Jisoo into a brief laughter. So brief that it lasted for perhaps not even a second, but Jennie was more than contented to hear it again. That melodious laughter felt even more treasurable for her after having seen the love of her life break down like that, as if she had been thirsty and finally water went down once again. 

Without any more words exchanged, Jennie fixed all the pillows. She patted them as her dark orbs met Jisoo's mirroring ones. "Let me hear all of it"