Chapter 15

Be mine, forever
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Days have passed after Sooyeong and Jieun went to London, Jiyeon was now left alone at the mansion. Myungsoo had to attend an emergency meeting in Brisbane because the company was facing a problem. He was like he was just forced to and looks like he didn't want to leave her, she felt it when they made love the night before he goes. His touch and kisses were desperate like he was afraid that she will just vanished the next day.

 

 

She used the opportunity to visit Jihoon at the hospital. When she got inside his room she almost burst into tears because there was a huge difference from her brother's appearance few weeks since she last saw him. But she didn't want to show him weakness so she greeted him with a smile on her lips.

 

 

"Hey, long time no see. I thought you have already forgotten about me." Jihoon greeted smiling as she entered his hospital suite.

 

 

Jiyeon smiled shyly and planted a kiss on her older brother's forehead. "I'm so sorry, Oppa, a lot of things have happen. When I got sick, Myungsoo never let me out of the house then his Mother came and stayed for two weeks so--"

 

 

"You don't have to explain anything. I understand Jiyeonah." he answered laughing. "You're a married woman, it's understandable that you can't just go out whenever you want. The truth is, I'm happy that there's someone taking care of you."

 

 

"Taking care?" She pouted. "He act like a hen with only a one chick."

 

 

He laughed again. "I'm glad you're happy."

 

 

Her cheeks became red. Did she really look happy? She divert her attention to her brother's condition. "What about you? How you doing?"

 

 

"I'm fine." he answered still smiling. "Never better."

 

 

Jiyeon was force to agree. Jihoon looks much better than the last time they see each other. "I'm glad. Oppa, hurry up and get better so we can go out. I want to take this chance while Myungsoo still not here."

 

 

"He's not here?" Jihoon rose his eyebrows up. "Why? Where is your husband?"

 

 

"There was an emergency in Brisbane and they need him there." she explained.

 

 

"Is that so? That's sad. The last time he came here to visit me he said that the two of you will come here to visit me together."

 

 

She stilled. "M-Myungsoo visited you?"

 

 

He gave her a peaceful smile. "He visited me more often while you were sick.  He knew that I'm worried about you so he always tell me the progress of how are you doing and getting better. I'm very grateful to him."

 

 

Once again she stilled, couldn't find words to say.

 

 

"He's very kind. He was the one who brought me here to the hospital and made sure that I will get everything that I needed." Jihoon took his younger sister's hand and gave it a light squeeze. "He loves you very much."

 

 

Those words made Jiyeon feel like her heart was stab by a knife and avoided her older brother's gaze. "Really? He said that? Myungsoo is really... tsk."

 

 

"Jiyeonah?" She face him because of the serious tone on his voice. "I know about the deal. Stop lying to me."

 

 

That made her froze. "O-Oppa, I... I'm sorry..."

 

 

Jihoon release a sighed before he spoke. "I understand why you did that and don't worry, I'm not angry. The truth is, I'm glad, everything turned out for the best anyway. Atleast I will die knowing that whatever may happen, someone is there to take care of you and you won't be alone."

 

 

Those words were like heavy stones on her heart. "What are you saying, Oppa? If you really knows the truth then you should know that it's impossible that Myungsoo has feelings for me. He just wanted to have his revenge on you that's why he force me into marrying him. And I'm sure that it was him who told you about our arrangement to hurt you."

 

 

He frowned. "Jiyeonah, you live with him, do you really think he could do all that you were saying?"

 

 

"When it suits his purpose, yes."

 

 

Jihoon stared at her intently like he was reading something through her eyes before his frowned faded and shook his head. "You're inlove with him, aren't you?"

 

 

"What--"

 

 

"Don't even try to deny it, it is written all over your face." He smiled. "Funny thing is, you're inlove with him even though you know all about the bad things in him. But he also had some good traits."

 

 

"I don't know what you're talking about." she still refused hardly.

 

 

"Jiyeonah, do you know what is the thing I regretted the most when I learned that I have a cancer." Jiyeon shook her head. "I regret that I focus too much on work my whole life and I didn't find a time to look for someone who will love me despite of all my imperfections. The one where I can go home and smiled at me while saying that everything would be alright whenever I have a problem.

 

 

Do you know that I am so glad that you found someone like that, Jiyeonah?" He smiled at his younger sister. "The feelings you have for Myungsoo, don't be scared. Grab it with both hands even though you're afraid because facing your fear is much easier than regret. Because love and the one who loves you, that only comes once in a person's life. You'll be lucky if you found it twice in one lifetime."

 

 

Jihoon squeezes her hand tightly until he almost shouted from pain.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter