Hushed Whispers

Promises Promises

“So it’s been decided? I’m being chosen?” He shifted, pulling the other man into him. He breathed in that sweet vanilla scent, reveling in the thought that he’d have him as long as he lived. Even after he died he knew that the other man would never take another.

“Yes. They let me choose.” He held onto his hand, their fingers intertwined, bodies closer than should be allowed at this point in their courtship. But no one was here and they were going to be together soon enough anyhow. It was fine, they were promised and the official announcement would be tomorrow for all of the kingdom to know.

“. I have to go now. Things need to be finished before everything.” He kissed him lightly on the forehead, followed by a chaste kiss on the lips as he got up. Sighing he said, “I can’t wait until I can do more than this.”

The other man scoffed. “Like you haven’t taken liberties before.” They had done less chaste things before, pushing the boundaries of what was decorous. Things that could very well brand him as less than pure if people knew. Well if the right people knew. Those who did know now kept their trap shut out of love.  

Laughing he leaned in voice husky, “But you let me my dear Prince.” He played with the other’s hair, rubbing his neck as he down, loving the way the other leaned into his touch. “What does that say about you? The white prince, letting someone who isn’t his promised take liberties with him.”

Said prince leaned back, giving the other man a glare, “You’re going to be my promised soon enough. So it won’t matter.” He turned his head and pouted.

“I’d tease you some more my love, but I really do have to go.” He kissed him on the top of his head. “I’ll see you tomorrow beloved, when I can finally put that ring I made on you.”

“It’s not flashy right?” He asked because he knew the other man if he let him would make it the most ostentatious thing on the planet so everyone would know who the Prince belonged too. The piece he had made for the other man was less flashy fitting his personality well so he wasn’t concerned about his choice.

“Tomorrow. You’ll see it tomorrow. Promise. Now I’ve got to go.” He gave the Prince one more kiss, letting out a small laugh as the Prince chased his lips. “Tomorrow.”

The prince sighed, “Tomorrow.”