Chapter 2

Magically Brave
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Wrong. Joohyun was completely wrong to generalize that all Hufflepuffs were nice. Joohyun was in her Gryffindor robes and a couple of the Hufflepuffs sneered at her as she walked towards a table to pour herself some butterbeer. She tried to ignore the blatant stares at her and snickers of whispering Hufflepuffs.

 

“Why the hell am I here again?” thought Joohyun.

 

She just stood by the table and sipped her butterbeer gingerly, occasionally glancing around to find the star of the party. She cursed Wendy for leaving her by herself. That small Ravenclaw had to go discuss some stupid topic with a Hufflepuff on whether or not being the smartest in class was worth going against each other. Obviously the Hufflepuff found offense in the unfair play of pitting one housemate with another, in which Wendy replied, “If you want to be the best, you got to do whatever original means to achieve.”

 

“Some party this is,” grumbled Joohyun as she took another sip of her butterbeer.

 

“Well, well, well. What do we have here? A 6th year Gryffindor partying it up with the Hufflepuffs. Didn’t you just lose against them? What are you going to do, sabotage their celebration? But let’s be honest, it’s not much of a party if there’s no drama,” an obnoxious voice said behind Joohyun.

 

Joohyun whipped her head back to find the source of the voice. It was Joy, a 5th year Slytherin, who was accompanied by Yeri, a 4th year Slytherin.

 

Unfortunately, a couple of Hufflepuffs heard what Joy said, not that it was hard because she said it so loudly. The tall keeper of the Hufflepuff quidditch team started to approach Joohyun.

 

“What’s going on? Why are you here, Gryffindor? Are you going to ruin this party?”

 

“What? I… no, I’m not!”

 

Joy snickered, “Yeah, I thought I saw her put something suspicious in the bowl of fruit punch over there. Right, Yeri?”

 

“Yeah! I think I did see her put something in there,” piped up the smaller of the two.

 

“NO! No, I didn’t put anything in there! I swear!” Joohyun stammered as she raised both her hands to deny what those conniving Slytherins had accused her of.

 

“What’s going on here?”

 

Joohyun and everyone around her whipped to see the star of the party walk up towards them with Wendy in tow. Seulgi stopped in between her teammate and Joohyun, while Joy and Yeri were off in the side just smirking at the scene.

 

“Those two Slytherins said that this Gryffindor put something in the punch,” the keeper said, pointing at the bowl.

 

“What? Joohyun wouldn’t do that!” Wendy said with her eyebrows raised at the accusation. “She came here empty handed!”

 

“Yeah, I don’t think Joohyun would do that either,  Jae,” Seulgi softly said when she glanced at Joohyun. Joohyun blushed when Seulgi’s glance at her was a second longer than she expected.

 

“Are you sure? I mean, granted I’m listening to two Slytherins, but I don’t want this to ruin your night,” Jae said, glancing between Joohyun, Yeri, and Joy.

 

“I’m sure. And don’t say that. Joy and Yeri are my friends too. Just because they’re Slytherins, doesn’t mean they’re always lying. They’re just joking around,” Seulgi sharply said. But her tone softened, “And it’s not just my night. It’s the team’s! Go celebrate!” Grinning, she pushed Jae towards a table where a bunch of Hufflepuffs are playing beer pong, a muggle party game. Why throwing a small ball in cups is fun baffled Joohyun.

 

Seulgi looked at Joohyun and quickly averted her gaze to the ground, “Sorry about that. Jae can be a bit gullible when it comes to stuff like that.” Her hand was scratching her nape, while her expression looked a bit guiltily. Why she even looked guilty confused Joohyun.

 

“You don’t have to apologize! It’s just Joy and that 4th year kid who said something,” Joohyun said while glancing at the two Slytherins who were acting innocent while sipping their drinks slowly.

 

“Yah, Joy and Yeri! I invited you two because you’re my friends and wanted you two to celebrate my win! Not start some stupid drama,” Seulgi reprimanded them.

 

“But Seulgi,” whined Yeri in a supposedly cute voice, “It doesn’t even feel like a party. It’s kind of boring.”

 

“As expected of Seulgi and the Hufflepuffs. No jam whatsoever,” Joy said, looking at her nails as she rubbed her thumb over them.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter