Chapter 11

Magically Brave
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“How did they become friends?”

 

Wendy looked up while she munched on her sandwich. Joohyun’s back was towards her. Following her eyesight, Wendy found herself staring at a certain trio who were eating their lunch towards the other end of the dining hall.

 

“Does it matter?” Wendy asked.

 

“I’m just curious,” Joohyun retorted back. She turned herself to face Wendy again. Her face was scrunched up, as if her mind was working its gears to try and piece how Seulgi became friends with such a notorious duo like Joy and Yeri.

 

“Let’s be real, how does any friendship start? I don’t even know how I became friends with people.”

 

Joohyun thought about it. She couldn’t give Wendy a straight answer because even she had trouble thinking how she became friends with her current friends.

 

She chuckled. “I guess you’re right about that. It’s just…”

 

Wendy looked at her. “What?”

 

“I never really imagined Seulgi being friends with Joy and Yeri. It’s just a… a weird combination.”

 

“You’re right about that last part,” Wendy chuckled.

 

“So do you know how they’re friends?” Joohyun eyed Wendy. “It seems like you do.”

 

Wendy hummed. Her eyes staring off to the upper left as if she’s thinking.

 

“If my memory serves me correctly…”

 

“As it always does,” Joohyun snorted.

 

Ignoring that remark, Wendy continued, “As I was saying, from what I remember, I think Seulgi met Joy in transfiguration class back in our first year. Seulgi then met Yeri through Joy in our second year.

 

“Joy wasn’t a great student. She was, and still is, being a troublemaker, especially in transfiguration for some reason. Anyways, there was one day when Joy pulled some prank and Professor Grenwich had enough. You know how Professor Grenwich is; her punishment was pretty harsh for that day, although I think she held in some pent up frustration at Joy. Joy had to do detention for two whole months. Two whole months! And she had to transcribe texts that Professor Grenwich received from all over the magical world for her book that she was planning on publishing.

 

“Anyways, Joy was transcribing one night, by herself, when Seulgi checked up on her. Joy being Joy, was telling her to leave her alone and stop pitying her. Not sure if that was the Slytherin in her being all cocky and arrogant at her. Seulgi being Seulgi, was wicked honest about what she thought. She told Joy her pranks were funny and that she didn’t deserve such a long detention.”

 

Joohyun rolled her eyes.

 

“Yeah, I know right,” Wendy said. She continued, “From what I’ve been told, Seulgi kind of just hung out with her at every detention because she was bored and wanted some company. I think Joy put up a front that she didn’t care if Seulgi was there, but in reality, her heart softened up to her. She really appreciated Seulgi for keeping her company because none of her other friends wanted to join her.”

 

“That’s Seulgi for you,” Joohyun muttered.

 

Wendy chuckled, “That you’re right about. They sort of became inseparable after that. Yeri was a first year when we became second years. I think Joy took Yeri under her wing and showed her the ropes. They match pretty well, personality wise. Joy introduced Yeri to Seulgi, and I think that’s the end of it. They became a trio of some

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter