Chapter 13

Magically Brave
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The Great Hall was packed with excited students chattering about for the Slytherin vs Ravenclaw quidditch game. Students from those houses donned their respective colors on their faces and clothes. Gryffindors and Hufflepuffs were both divided in who to support.

 

Wendy was wearing her blue robes proudly. Both her cheeks were face painted with a blue and bronze eagle, showing much pride to her house. Across from where she was sitting, Joy and Yeri were both as extra as Wendy. They donned their emerald green robes, wore hats that resembled a snake, and one side of their faces painted with green and silver.

 

All three of them were in a heated debate on who would win and almost betting what the final score would be when two girls came through the entrance of the Great Hall holding hands. Yeri was the first to notice and nudged Joy.

 

“What is it, Yeri?” Joy asked, annoyed because she was about to sign a contract that said Wendy would do all of her homework if Slytherin wins by 60 points. If Ravenclaw won by 40 points, Joy would have to stop doing her pranks until the year ended.

 

Yeri only nodded her head towards the couple. Wendy and Joy looked to where she was nodding towards.

 

“Guess they’re together again,” Wendy smiled.

 

Joy sighed. “At least Seulgi is smiling again. I’m not going to lie, but she wasn’t herself these past couple of weeks. I missed the happy Seulgi.”

 

Her face darkened quickly though. “Joohyun better not hurt her again. I swear on Wendy’s brain…”

 

Wendy looked at her incredulously. “What does my brain have to do with any of this?”

 

Joy shrugged. “I’m interested in dissecting stuff for my potions assignment,” she replied innocently.

 

While they were bickering about whether or not using human brains were ethical or not, Yeri could only stare at the couple. No doubt, Seulgi was beyond happy. More happy than Yeri has seen her in the past few weeks. No matter how many times Yeri tried to cheer her up, Seulgi would just smile a small smile and pat Yeri’s shoulder as if to thank her for trying, but it just wasn’t the same.

 

Her eyes moved towards the shorter girl who was the cause of the problem. Joohyun also had a big grin that matched Seulgi’s. Yeri’s eyes moved towards their hands; they were walking hand in hand, swinging slightly with every step they took.

 

Yeri looked down when the couple approached and sat down next to Wendy.

 

“Hey,” Seulgi said with a smile. “Ready to watch the game?”

 

“Hell yes,” Wendy replied. “I was just discussing with Joy that Ravenclaw will crush their team. Who do you think will win?”

 

“Honestly speaking, Ravenclaw’s seeker is probably going to find the snitch. But, Slytherin’s offense and defense is pretty good. They’re going to score a lot of points unlike Ravenclaw will.”

 

As Wendy and Seulgi were busy discussing the match and it’s outcome, Joy stared at Joohyun, as if she was analyzing something.

 

“What?” Joohyun asked. She didn’t like it when she was being scrutinized by the Slytherin.

 

“You know I only accepted you because of Seulgi. And obviously she’s happy being with you.”

 

Joohyun nodded, waiting to hear what else the taller girl had to say.

 

“So you better treat her right this time around. I’m warning you, don’t hurt her again.”

 

“I won’t. I promise.”

 

“I better not see her crying because of you, understand?”

 

“Don’t worry Joy. I won’t make the same mistake again.”

 

“Good. I will curse you if you do. You will never see the light of day again.”

 

Joo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter