Chapter 5

Love Will Find You
Please log in to read the full chapter

DING DONG!!

Dong Wook yawned as he went to open the door for Sung Jae. He called his employee to come pick up the project since he was too tired to go meet the client himself today. He did work until very late the previous night after all.

“Morning, Hyung.”

“Morning. Here’s the project. And handle the client carefully. I’m counting on you.”

“Yes, sir. By the way, here’s the toothbrush you told me to buy.” Sung Jae handed his boss the item as he tried to stretch his neck to look behind Dong Wook who wouldn’t let him in past the front door, much to his frustration. Curiosity kills the cat, they say.

Dong Wook rolled his eyes at the younger guy’s obvious curiosity. Surely, Chan Yeol must have reported this whole encounter with Ha In to the whole team. Everyone must be coming up with stupid conclusions by now. He inwardly sighed.

“What are you stalling for? Get to work.” It took quite a while before he managed to remove the mischievous Sung Jae from his front door and sent him to work.

Walking back into the house, Dong Wook came to stop in front of his bedroom door. He really wanted to kick himself for not thinking before carrying Ha In into his own bedroom last night. He ended up sleeping in the guest room because he was too lazy to move her again. And now he needed to get a new change of clothes.

Tok Tok!

“Ha In-shi? Are you awake?” Dong Wook waited awhile before he heard a sleepy Yes, “Can I come in?” and again another yes, so he opened the door to go in.

“Oh my gosh!” only to be surprised by Ha In’s bed hair which looked like a massive bird nest which was messy beyond repair.

Ha In could only laugh at his shocked expression, which got Dong Wook curious as to how she could be so comfortable in front of a man. Wait, do I seem less like a man or something? But he shook off the stupid thought. It was too early to think of something so ridiculous like that.

“Umm, would you mind if I took a bath here?”

“Go ahead. I’ve brought a new towel and toothbrush for you.” He moved to help her walk into the bathroom.

“It’s ok. I can do this.”

“Do me a favor and cooperate, will you? The less you use that foot, the easier it’ll heal, which means the sooner you can stop calling yourself a burden, and we can stop this kind of pointless argument.”

“Wow. You’re such a mean character in the morning.” Ha In pouted as she let him help her without another protest.

After that, he quickly walked to his closet and grabbed a change of clothes. But before he could leave, a singing voice came out of his bathroom. He chuckled in disbelief.

“Did you forget you’re in a stranger’s house, Go Ha In-shi?” And with that, the singing stopped abruptly, which made him regretted teasing her a little. Poor girl. She must be looking for a hole big enough to bury herself in embarrassment.

“Lee Dong Wook-shi?” But before he could utter an apology, Ha In suddenly called out to him from inside the bathroom.

“Yeah?”

“How old are you?”

“What’s this all of a sudden?”

“Just answer the question.”

Dong Wook suspected she was planning to say some snarky remarks as a comeback, but he told her regardless. “29.”

“And what’s your job?”

“I’m an architect.” Well, technically. “Where are you going with this, seriously?”

“Hi, I’m Go Ha In. 25 years old. I’m from Busan, and I took a long term leave from work to continue my study here in Seoul. It’s nice to meet you.” And she was quiet for a moment, leaving Dong Wook dumbfounded with this sudden introduction. But before he could comment on this, she continued, “So there. No longer strangers.” And began to sing again like nothing happened.

Does anything ever bother this girl at all? Dong Wook couldn’t help laughing at this silliness. Surprisingly, she managed to lighten up his sour morning mood so easily.

“Are you fine with ramen as breakfast?”

“Yes.” Ha In replied from the bathroom, and so Dong Wook left to make breakfast for the both of them.

DING!

Ha In was done putting on her clothes from the previous day when she received a message from Jinhyuk. She smiled as she read his messages. They often exchange messages and called each other every other day. She loved how talking to him always brought out her smiles like all the time. She sometimes wondered what really changed between them after all that confession. But as long as they were both happy, what else was there to ask for?

Putting the phone back into her pocket after sending a reply message, she slowly dragged her injured foot to the kitchen to find that her ramen was done and ready to be served. The delicious smell made her stomach growl and her heart filled with happiness. Now this was how one start the morning. She sat down at the dining table, thanked Dong Wook for the breakfast, and together they quietly savored the delicious food.

Right after gulping down the ramen, Ha In immediately reached for the refrigerator that happened to be conveniently close to her. Well, who was she fooling? Go Ha In intentionally chose the seat closest to her favorite food container without a doubt.

Upon opening the fridge, though, her expression dropped.

“Why isn’t there anything in the fridge?” The question was obviously directed to Dong Wook although she was still staring intensely at the emptiness in front of her.

“That’s cuz you emptied it last night.” Dong Wook lazily replied as he laid back against the chair, but Ha In snapped her head so quickly at his direction. Her eyes narrowed.

“I distinctly remember there’s a pudding left in here.”

“Oh that? I ate it earlier.” And that got her eyes widened in horror, and

Please log in to read the full chapter