Chapter 4

Love Will Find You
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Urg!!” Ha In dreaded waking up to body pains and a headache. She considered skipping class, but she already did that yesterday. Hayley must be wondering like crazy where she disappeared to by now.

Hayley!

She quickly grabbed her phone and found that she got tons of missedcalls and messages. All from Hayley.

            - Better have a good reason why you don’t show, young lady!

EEP!

           - Don’t tell me you followed Yeong Ji to Japan?

Say what?

            - HOW DARE YOU LEFT ME ALONE!!!

  - Classes are so boring T.T

Poor girl

- Sorry

- Had small accident

- Details later

- See ya ❤

Putting down the phone, she got up to get ready for the day, though with great difficulty. It would be nice if Yeong Ji weren’t away visiting her parents in Japan now. But there was no point complaining. Surely she’d get an earful of preaching when her cousin came back to find her in this state. Right now she hoped more than anything to recover before Yeong Ji returned. But it was just wishful thinking. Her cousin was coming back tomorrow. She was in for a long lecture unless she could find a super healer, which wasn’t happening any time soon.

“Urg, what a drag. On such a beautiful day, too.” Ha In complained as she slowly limped towards the subway station.

“Get in the car.”

“Oh my goodness! You surprised me.” Ha In stood there and watched, eyes widened, as Dong Wook got off his car to open the door for her.

“I thought we agreed you weren’t coming.”

“There was no such agreement. Now get in the car. I’m not in the mood for debates.”

Deciding it was too early to have an argument, Ha In let him have his way and got in the car.

“Not a morning person, are we?” She commented on Dong Wook's expression that looked like he woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

“I see that you’re smart.”

“So I’ve been told.”

“Where did you plan on walking to with this injured ankle by the way?”

“The subway station.”

“Unbelievable. You really like to take injuries lightly, don’t you?”

“I don’t have a choice.”

“Please. You’re just too impatient. I can tell you hate staying still.” Ha In was silent when he hit the bull’s eyes.

“What? I was right, wasn’t I? What about medicine?”

“It’ll make me sleepy.” That, and she hated its bitter taste, so without proper supervision, she was bound to leave it untouched.

“Figured as much.” With a sigh, Dong Wook pulled over by a drug store to get her some cold medicine. “Take it. Now.”

“But – ”

“Don’t tell me you’ve never slept in class before?”

“I have.”

“And you’re guilty now, why?” That shut her up. “What? No more excuses? Now hurry up and take the medicine. I won’t start the car till you do. D’you wanna be late?”

“You’re a tyrant.” Ha In mumbled begrudgingly before swallowing the pills.

Dong Wook smirked seeing he had already won twice. Victory never felt so good. Arguing with a quick-witted person like Go Ha In was incredibly fun, especially the winning part.

While she was gagging from the bitter taste of medicine, he took her phone, saved his number in it and dialed so that he also had her number in his phone.

“Here. I’ll call you when it’s time to leave school. Don’t even think of escaping.”

“Don’t you have work or something?”

“My work is flexible.”

“Great. Which leaves you enough time to be a stalker.”

“Don’t flatter yourself. If you grow a little taller, there’s a slight chance you’ll be my type. But as you are now, rest assured.”

“You having fun being a first-class jerk?”

“Just putting your mind at ease since you’re overly suspicious.”

For some reasons, they both found this little banter ridiculous and broke into a fit of laughter.

……………………….

Hayley, who waited for her friend at the entrance, helped her get to class while shooting a hundred questions about the accident as they walked.

“Ok. Now is this the time to ask about the hot guy that looks like he walks out of a drama that just dropped you off yet? Last time I checked, you don’t have other relatives here in Seoul besides Yeong Ji. And did I mention how hot he was? I was stunned for a moment there when he helped you off the car. Felt just like seeing a super star in broad day light. Did you realize people were staring? Oh my god, I feel blessed just by remembering his handsome face. I couldn’t believe my luck.”

Ha In who was smiling with amusement at Hayley’s adorable ranting didn’t notice her friend had been waiting for her response for a while now.

“Oh you’re done? Haha. That, back there, was Mr. Responsible who decided that it was his carelessness that brought me to my current state.”

“Wow. What a gentleman.”

“Careful. He’s nice alright. But in no way is he gentle.” And both girl broke into a laugh and contin

Please log in to read the full chapter