The pact

Are you bulletproof? | BTSxReader

The overly scent of sweat has covered the room with ears filled of pants and aching muscles. That's right, you have been spending the last five hours in the practice room with Hoseok, together he has been teaching how you got a hold of the rhythm in your body so it could match the beat of every song. The past few days has been like a wild carousel, there was no way to keep out of the scandals with Jaebum. The multiple interviews were packed with questions of him, or how it was like dating someone who was clarified to be "perfect boyfriend" material. The stress came more of a burden, that it had been showing on your skin, the bumps on your face that were not easy to hide with just foundation and the consciousness of that fans would notice it, had you on edge. The "carousel ride" made you so dizzy, that your dancing became worse. To you, Hoseok was one of your favourite dancers and he was your band member. There was no way to hide it from him so it would have been the best to ask him about help. His eyes were filled with delight that you even considered asking for help, instead of going to their dance teacher, it made him feel more confident.

Right now, sitting across from him hearing the panting like a running dog. Made you feel sorry for him, because he tried his best to teach you to get that rhythm back, but it was just not enough to get it. The more mistakes that happened, the more concerned you got about how Hoseok felt. You went over to the water tank and poured up for two cups. The aching legs got dragged over to him where he was sitting leaning against the mirror, not realising that his sweat would stain it.

"Here, I got you some water." You handed him a cup of cold water, so he could get hydrated again. It was almost like a battlefield with the panting and the hopeless look on your face didn't help.

"Thanks Y/N!" He grabbed the cup and in a split second already drank it all in one sip. The smile he made when you got him the water, was like seeing the sunrise. You plopped yourself down beside him and looked out into the room so you could avoid eye contact as to what you were going to say;

"I'm sorry, Hoseok... I know you're doing your best in teaching me the rhythm, maybe my body isn't made for this? We have been here for more than five hours and I keep on making mistakes... You have used too much time on me. We should just declare this a day, yeah?" There was still no eye contact, because you were not ready to hear him give up on you. Of course, you wanted to learn but you couldn't make yourself do this to him. The aching muscles were possibly mutual, so it made it less easy to make him keep going for you.

"What are you saying?" He chuckled and continued;

"I'm not going to give up on you. You know what? I was incredibly happy that you asked me to teach you. You could have gone to Son Sung Deuk, but you came to me for help. For once, I feel like I could be a help to you. I may seem tired but your spirit of a fighter, is my fuel Y/N. I have made mistakes too, but I learned from it. You can do that too. So please don't give up now, I know we can do this... together, okay?"

A hand touched briefly on your shoulder and the brightening smile that made you feel like you have just been reborn, and something sparked in you. A light brightened in your eyes and a smile formed on the lips to him.

"Thank you, Hoseok. I don't know what I would do without you."

A red tint appeared on his cheeks and a smile that could save millions responded to your words. He stood up and gestured a hand for you to take it.

"Well, without me you wouldn't get to feel the rhythm so let's get back to practice~!"

You chuckled at him and took his hand. The music got played and for the first time it felt like you could finally let your body move to the rhythm. Maybe it was because you needed a prep talk, but there was no doubt... Hoseok was your fuel.


"EVERYONE!" A voice so loud it made everyone in the living room to turn their head towards the sound. Jungkook was standing by the entrance of the living room with an excited smirk on his face. When he was secure that you all were listening to him, he continued;

"I, Jeon Jungkook.... HAVE A GIRLFRIEND NOW."

He gestured with his right hand, and a beautiful skinny woman in a black dress appeared from the hallway. Her hair so long it reached her waist, the perfect jawline that is shaped like a V and the skin so smooth and light it would make everyone awe. The woman bowed slightly with her head and introduced herself in front of you.

"Hello, My name is Kim Jessica. I'm 21 and I am a model." There was a light purr at her word of being a model, she was proud about that. Her voice was sweet, like candy. You didn't look around at the others, but you were sure that the silence meant their jaw drop to the floor just like yours.

A slight cough from the back of you, interrupted the silence.

"Kim Jessica? Can I ask you where you're from?" A husky voice continued. Yoongi seemed interested in the woman and everyone else were still in shock of the sudden news.

"I'm from Daegu, Yoongi, right? We went to the same high school together. I still remember you but you never talked to me." She pouted but winked while finishing off with a smirk. What was she up to? Yoongi didn't seem to find the response amusing, the interested grimace he had from the start vanished in a second. The awkward silence started creeping once again at you. It made you take a deep breath before walking over to the much prettier and taller girl.

"I'm Y/F/N, it's nice to meet you." You gave her a polite smile, until the full disgust on her face made you back away. She flicked some of her long hair back before walking to the other boys and they introduced themselves one by one. This woman didn't give you a good feeling.

This person that you had no clue about how she was, is going to join dinner with you all. Jin was lucky enough to have prepared enough food for 9 people. Taehyung and Jimin decided to serve the plates on the table before you could dive into the food, that was cooking its last minute on the stove. It wasn't because you didn't like her when she was flirting with Jungkook across the table, but the vibe she gave you was hard to read. It could have been the first impression, but even you as a person could look past that easily, why couldn't you this time? She didn't eat a lot of food, maybe she was on a diet? Why did it urge you so much that she was there? That she was prettier than you? A model? But you were a singer, a dancer.

The unluckiness of sitting beside her, having food dump down on your shirt or pants that was excused with an innocent "Sorry, my bad." And forgotten afterwards. It's like you were with a kid that didn't like you, but there was no way a conflict was going to happen out of this. You were an independent woman, if anything bothered you, you were going to handle it, alone.

The intense thinking was interrupted by Namjoon who hit a spoon against his soda can, even when it wasn't a glass he still tried to be classy. It made the most of the group chuckle.

"I have talked to Manager and Bang pd-nim that we got TWO DAYS off, but we need to set a date first. Because with the success of our comeback and Wings album, we have been allowed to get the two days off to celebrate our achievement. Since we are all legal of age, we should go have a drink and some good food at a nice place, yeah?" He finished it off with a smile and waited for the response of us. Taehyung didn't waste a second before he stood up and clapped. The rest of us followed suit and plans started to form.

"Can Jessica join us?" A voice interrupted. Jungkook was curious if he could take his new girlfriend to the celebration. None of the guys didn't seem to mind, but you were not going to stand by and let her throw food at you again.

"Jungkook... It's a celebration for us and I would like it to just be BTS. It's our achievement..." you spoke to him softly, so that the words wouldn't be considered as harsh. It didn't seem like Jungkook understood the words that came for him, so he responded back persistent;

"Why can't she? Just because she isn't a fake girlfriend then she isn't allowed to come with us?" It's like the words shot through your heart like an arrow, it wasn't the definition of love but the definition of that you have done something that was not okay.

"It's not because of that? Jaebum isn't coming either. I just think we all could use some alone time, without relationships involved." The calm voice continued for you, hoping that he wouldn't take it the wrong way.

"As if you would care if he joined us for celebration, right? We're just members that has nothing to say about your relationship, right? It's just okay for you to break the pact??! Because it's not." It was noticeable his blood started boiling, it has been on a low simmer until now. He practically had his fist ready if anyone was going to interrupt him.

"What.. pact? I thought it was okay unless I ruined the group.." You were confused but scared. There was no clear sign of what Jungkook wanted out of this.

"Not that pact. We have a pact that it states NO RELATIONSHIPS ALLOWED. But since it's okay for you break it, I might as well do it too. To you we are just puppies? We took our time of our daily time to help you, and you pay us back with doing that." He practically scolded you, but in his eyes it was like he was saying sorry. At this point he couldn't control the anger he has hidden for all this time. The rest of the boys was in shock and didn't even know what to do. They have never seen Jungkook be this angry towards you.

"I'm... sorry... it isn't a real relationship... I just did what I was told.. I didn't mean to do this.." Apology after apology rushed out of your mouth. Glossy eyes that sparked by the dining light. Recapping what he said, you re-thought of the times you needed help. For example Hoseok.. were the words to you, only because he was nice to you? Did Yoongi help you write a song because you held the pact at bay? Was all of this kindness because of a simple pact? To you, Jungkook was right, it was your fault, everything. You put your head up high and faced him saying;

"I.. was selfish.. I'm sorry. I just did what I was told, I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, everything is my fault..." Every word was interrupted by rapid breathing and choking words. It was a clear sign, that you needed to get out of this room before it got worse. Jungkook didn't respond to you, but his eyebrows crunched together and Jessica holding to his arm. It was like a bomb landed on you, what did you wait for? He clearly showed he didn't like you. It was a sign of defeat, might as well retreat. The chair was pushed away as you told them with a lowered head.

"Thank you for dinner, Jin. I'm sorry, but I'm going to go out." You walked over to the entrance and put on your boots and a thick jacket. The tears had already fallen from your eyes, simply covering the cheeks in salt water. The boys didn't stop you, neither would you let them. You would deal with this alone.... Like always.

You took a last glance at the boys, wiping away the tears and gave them your signature smile;

"Please.... don't contact me.."

They looked horrified at you, but before a muscle could be moved... You were gone.

Namjoon walked over to Jungkook, ready to scold him for his behaviour. But to his surprise the younger boy raised his hand and brushed his newly girlfriend's hand away from him.

"Spare it.. I 'd up.." He said to the older boy. He didn't realise how it sounded when yelling at you, but it's definitely something he could never forgive himself for.

Jungkook, Taehyung, Jimin, and Yoongi ran after you as if it was a "cat after mouse" game. There was no sign of you anywhere outside the dorm, where could you have gone in that short amount of time? It didn't stop Yoongi from looking further. He ran around the neighbourhood, in the town. Yelling or screaming your name to the world.

"Don't disappear from me like this..." He whispered to himself as the rain started to pour down. Even in the cold weather and wet clothes, Yoongi kept running. If there was something he always learned from you, it was that "giving up" wasn't an option. So giving up on BTS wasn't an option for you either. 

"Y/N!"

"Y/N! Y/N!"

Your name echoed though the town tunnels and streets, his voice was going to disappear because of the cold weather and use of screaming.. Jungkook found the lost black-haired boy on the stairs repeatedly saying your name. The younger boy picked him up and got a cab to go back to the dorm. Arriving at the dorm was tense, the atmosphere had changed. It made Jungkook get tears in his eyes.. He turned to Yoongi that kneeled on the floor and said;

"I'm sorry.. I didn't know what happened.. It's all my fault." The words that flew out his mouth, made him cry a waterfall. Hearing himself almost repeating what you told him before, was a realisation that he must have hurt you a lot.

"Please don't leave me.." Yoongi responded back. It was like he couldn't say anything else, he just wanted you to come home.


~Two days later~

*Y/N'S PHONE*

*TAEHYUNG'S PHONE*