Accidents Happen

Loves Quiet Place

Jinyoung should have found it strange that everything he knew for a majority of his life had seemingly changed overnight. His standard everyday routine suddenly had an extra person thrown into the mix, but that someone made things go smoother. Finding an apartment was easy for them, they were able to move closer to campus, which was convenient for both Jinyoung and Mark. Jinyoung didn’t own a lot so it didn’t take him long to be moved in, and Mark was basically starting from scratch, moving from his parents house. Still, they managed to set up a beautiful place that fit the two of them, felt like a home, and was near everything they needed.

Being in a new town meant that Jinyoung would have to drive to work instead of walk like he normally would, which added an additional gas expense, but Mark had picked up work at the cafe next to the bookstore to help compensate for the cost, even if his parents provided them with a decent amount of funds to help the pair be comfortable, as far as rent and groceries were concerned. Despite Jinyoung refusing at first to accept their help, it was nice to not have to micromanage just what he bought every time he left the house.

Dinner was now always cooked for two, and leftovers always split into lunch for two the following day. The apartment seemed to always smell like baked goods, which was thanks in large part to Mark’s doing, which Jinyoung would never find himself complaining about. And other than a few awkward moments when Jinyoung found it hard to communicate with Mark because they were too busy to be face to face, it normally resulted in one of them having to run and get a notepad. The two seemed to work in a peaceful harmony that grew easier the more adjusted they got to each other.

Jinyoung continued with his sign language classes despite Mark telling him it was stupid and he could just keep teaching him. Which he didn’t doubt. But Jinyoung liked the school environment. It helped him stay focused. Watching Mark’s hands and lips move resulted in a primal urge to attack him, and they were still trying to take things slow.

Trying being the key word.

Walking home from his sign language class, Jinyoung’s phone went off. Looking down at the name, he raised an eyebrow before answering the call, stopping in his tracks to lean against the side of a building rather than be distracted walking.

“Mother, what are you doing up so late?”

“My son, you know a mother never sleeps when her children are out in the world alone. Are you eating? Are you well? You never call anymore.”

“I’m well mother. I’ve moved into a new apartment recently, settled down with someone. I am just taking some time adjusting to a new place, new schedule.” Jinyoung smiled, he always found it adorable how his mother fussed, even if he knew he was a bad son for forgetting to call her more often.

“Moved? Your father mentioned you were moving. Closer to school he said, smart. Focusing on your academics. I wanted to call because of an email you sent, regarding procedures for hearing loss repair surgery? Why the sudden interest? Your major has never been in otolaryngology before. I thought you were studying neurology.”

“Mother. The man I’m seeing now…. He is deaf.” Jinyoung paused, hearing his mother hum on the other end. “His hearing was damaged in a bad accident and from what I’ve been told, there is a small hope it can be fixed, but the procedures are all experimental, and expensive. I wanted to know what you and Father thought. That’s what you both practice in. I figured you could be of help, or know someone who can help me.”

“My son, always trying to save the world… does he want his hearing repaired, or do you want his hearing repaired?”

“He does. I know he does. He has such bad fits Mother. His moods, his judgement, his timing. He gets into dark places and hides away for days because he is so upset by what is going on, I know that if it’s something that can be fixed and it’s given a fair chance, he may have a shot at a happy and healthy life again; and that’s something I want to provide for him. He is an artist, at least his major is art, you should see it. He is so talented, and it’s all so beautiful, but when he gets upset, he destroys his work and it hurts my heart.” Jinyoung made clear, hoping that his mother could hear the determination in his voice,

“Jinyoung, I have never seen you so passionate about something. I will talk with your father, but we will want to meet with him. As parents wanting to meet someone our son moved in with, but also as a patient. During your next break, do you think you both can come down to Busan for a few days? I’m not sure how long this will take but we will try to clear our schedules to help.”

“I think it will be a nice surprise for him, we can do that for sure. I’ll look over my schedule and tell you when I’m going to be free.”

“I’ll email you with any results that I find until then, let me know who his current doctors are, maybe I can request the test results they’ve accumulated to get a jump start. Take care of yourself son, I am excited to see you both very soon.”

Jinyoung hung up after saying goodbye with his mother, he felt a small burst of optimism in his chest about this project. He wanted it to remain hidden from Mark however, at least for now. Since nothing was for sure, he didn’t want to get Mark’s hopes up that he could offer him some magic cure when he knew that he couldn’t. His parents were respected in their field, so if anyone could help them, it would be them.

Walking back to their building, Jinyoung saw Mark sitting outside, raising an eyebrow, he quickly ran over to see if he was okay. Kneeling down so that Mark could see him, he put his hands on his boyfriend’s shoulders, rubbing gently to get Mark to look up at him.

“Did you fall asleep out here?” Jinyoung worried, his eyebrows knitting together.

“I came out to wait for you, I forgot my key inside when I went to work, so I wasn’t able to get in. You weren’t answering your phone.” Mark frowned, rubbing at his tired eyes. Jinyoung quickly looked to see the many missed messages from Mark. How could he have missed them? Then he noticed the time stamp, he called while he was on the phone with his mother. Strange that it didn’t come through to let him know.

“I’m sorry baby, my mother called to check up on me. I guess I didn’t see them come in. Come on, let’s get you inside, you must be freezing. You know I keep reminding you to bring your jacket.” Jinyoung frowned some more, helping Mark to his feet.

“Is she doing okay?” Mark smiled, still a bit sleepy as he faced Jinyoung who nodded his head. “Good, I wish to meet her one day.” And Jinyoung smiled at that.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Halloween Party?”

“Yeah. We’re going to have one at the house, thought it would be cool if you came. You can bring Mark with you.” Jackson jumped up to sit on the counter, ignoring Jinyoung trying to shove him off.

“You boys and your fraternities. I’ll talk to him and see what he wants to do. Maybe getting dressed up and going out will be fun, but I know he doesn’t like it when people try to scare him.” Jinyoung smirked, sitting back in his seat remembering the conversation they had a few days prior about Halloween. “Get off the counter and go get us coffee.”

“Bossy, where is lover boy? Isn’t he normally attached at your hip.” Jackson climbed down and looked around.

“He’s working on a big project for school, I told him to stay home and focus. He keeps texting me about how he’s about to throw the bowl of fruit out of the window.” Jinyoung snickered, imagining Mark glaring angrily at grapes in their living room while he’s trying to paint. Reaching for his phone, he opened up their texts and quickly started typing to Mark.

JY: Baby, I think we should have fruit salad for dinner, what do you think?

The answer was almost instant.

MK: I think you can sleep with this bowl of fruit when you get home instead of me.

Jinyoung cracked up, the mental image of him spooning a bowl of fruit on the sofa while Mark seethed in their bed came to mind. Luckily for him, he didn’t have to imagine much since Mark sent him a little text image in his next message. Jinyoung saved it to his phone before he went back to the text message.

JY: I’d rather sleep with you. ;)

It wasn’t until after he hit sent, did he realize what he had said. His eyes went wide and he quickly threw his phone onto the desk. They had been together for a few months at this point but was never really a topic that had come up. There had been some touching, a few experimental nights, they had seen each other plenty of times, but Jinyoung was always so scared to take things to the next level. It had nothing to do with the fact that Mark was deaf, but that he never wanted Mark to feel like was all he was after.

Even if the very idea was insane with how Jinyoung had never done anything before to give Mark that impression, and it was now again all in his head. Groaning to himself, Jinyoung lowered his head and let it bang on the desk several times, feeling the phone buzz along with Mark’s text tone; he was almost too scared to look at it. He just whimpered into the papers littering the wooden desk before he peaked up to see the glowing light on the screen.

MK: Well it’s about damn time, I thought you were never going to make the first move.

“Jinyoung…” Jackson called, raising an eyebrow.

“Jinyoung where are you?” He called again, moving towards the desk with the coffee in his hand, he peaked around the desk to find Jinyoung on the floor among a pile of books. The chair knocked over and his face covered with his arms. Setting the drink down carefully, Jackson rushed over to help Jinyoung up, only to be shoved away.

“No leave me here!”

“What the hell happened!!!”

“How did I not know that my boyfriend has been waiting for me to make a move on him?!” Jinyoung groaned, reaching to pull a few more books over his face. Jackson scoffed and stopped him before he could get any more on top of him.

“Oh did he finally tell you?” Jackson moved a few more books off Jinyoung, having to jump back quickly to avoid Jinyoung’s swinging hands, but he wasn’t fast enough. Nearly knocking his head against the desk, Jinyoung jumped up and slammed him back against the counter, the loud thud rang through the empty store. Several more books fell to the floor but Jinyoung seemed to not care about being hit in the head with them.

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN FINALLY?” Jinyoung yelled, glaring at Jackson as if he had just told him the most horrible of news.

“RELAX JINYOUNG! I didn’t mean to overhear him and Youngjae talking in the cafe. I was waiting with Jaebum with drinks while they were drawing. He mentioned something about how he wanted to take things to the next level but he didn’t know how to bring it up. How you seem to have a plan for everything, so he figured it was in the plan somewhere, he just hoped it was soon.” Jackson moved his hand to rub the back of his head, frowning at the bump he could feel growing. Jinyoung’s eyes grew wide as he scrambled to his feet.

“Close up the shop.” Jinyoung yelled, quickly running in the back to grab his jacket. Nearly tripping over himself in the process.

“BUT I DON’T WORK HERE!” Jackson yelled after Jinyoung as he started to run for the door.

“CALL JAEBUM, HE WILL HELP YOU.” Jinyoung yelled back as he left, bolting down the street, thanking God he decided to drive straight from school to work, rather than take the bus like he had been.

Jinyoung was a wreck while he drove, stopping off at the pharmacy to stand awkwardly in the aisle for 20 minutes trying to figure out what he should buy. Were they really going to do this? Mark surely must be tired from working, or have to finish his work? Was there even time? They had school early, which meant it couldn’t be a long night.

It was then he remembered their talk, his promise. Mark wanted them to make love on their first night in the new apartment, but both of them had been so tired it slipped their minds. Then after that, between school work, getting settled, and actual work; it seemed like Jinyoung’s mind was preoccupied.

He owed this to Mark.

Groaning as he fell deeper and deeper into his head, Jinyoung grabbed a normal package of condoms, and a bottle of lube, along with a bag of Mark’s favorite candy and made his way to the checkout section. He ignored the strange looks from the elderly woman behind him, clearly judging his selection. When he got up to the counter, he didn’t make eye contact with the blushing girl ringing his items up, giggling under her breath as she threw the condoms and the lube into a bag.

He was a man, he didn’t know why he was getting so flustered.

Yes he did. Because he was buying these things to go and make love to his boyfriend for the first time. A boy who came into his life and changed everything he knew to be right, who opened him up in every impossible way, that he loved more than he thought he was capable of loving, and to him that was more nerve wracking than anything. He hadn’t had in ages, what if he came quickly and ruined all the fun? What if he wasn’t even any good by Mark’s standards. Was Mark a ? Why didn’t he know if he was or not. Groaning he took the bag from the girl, not knowing how long he had been standing there worrying, looking around to see a line of people glaring at him, and he quickly left before he could further embarrass himself.

“You are an adult, who is going to have safe , what are they looking at you weird for.” Jinyoung mumbled under his breath, getting into his car with a huff before he sat there trying to calm his nerves.

Looking over to his phone that was sitting in the cup holder, he pushed the side button to light up the lock screen, smiling at the picture of Mark he had taken the first day they moved in. He was exhausted, and curled up in Jinyoung’s hoodie on their sofa. He looked so gorgeous, Jinyoung found himself watching him for a while before he carried him to bed.

He could do this. They could do this. They needed to do this because they loved each other and this is what two people who loved each other did right?

Right.

_______________________________________________________________________

The phone going off startled Mark. Frowning when he realized it was a number he didn’t recognize, he moved to quickly answer. He was sure people were trying to talk to him, he rubbed his face frustrated and took a deep breath. Times like this he hated having a phone. He never knew how to properly talk to the person on the other line without sounding rude.

“I’m sorry I can’t… I can’t hear you. If this is important can you text me?? I’m deaf. I’m sorry I can’t understand you. Whoever you are, please text me with what you’re trying to say.” Mark spoke softly, frowning since he had no way of knowing who was trying to communicate with him. He saw the line disconnect, gripping the phone tighter in his hand, he quickly moved to Jinyoung’s laptop and turned it on.

Once he got the internet browser up, he googled the number that called him, a simple thing he had gotten in the habit of doing, his phone falling to the ground at the search results that came up.

A hospital?!

Mark went into a panic. Quickly getting down to grab for the phone, searching for Jinyoung’s number. He called him over and over but every time the facetime call wouldn’t connect, he felt his stomach get sicker and sicker. His texts were being ignored. Something was wrong.

He took a deep breath and looked at the clock, Jinyoung should have still been at work, so he facetime called Jackson. The male answered quickly looking rather confused at his phone. He looked up to someone saying something Mark clearly couldn’t hear before he held the phone so Mark could see his face better.

“Is Jinyoung not home yet? He left a while ago.” Jackson said, Mark furrowed his eyebrows at the words. Jinyoung was supposed to be working until late.

“He isn’t here, no. A hospital just called me, can you call this number please and see what they want?” Mark scribbled it down on a piece of paper before he held it up for Jackson to copy. Jackson handed the phone over to Youngjae who seemed to be visiting, the blond smiled and waved happily, frowning the second he saw the worried look on Mark’s face.

“Is everything okay?” He looked to Jackson who was using the stores phone to call the number Mark gave him.

“Front desk, how may I help you?”

“Yes this is Jackson Wang, our friend Mark Tuan received a call from somewhere in the hospital a little while ago, we aren’t sure who tried to call him. Is there any chance his boyfriend Park Jinyoung was admitted or can we know the reason you’re trying to call him?” Jackson asked the woman, chewing on his lower lip. Youngjae gasped, moving to get closer to the phone so he could better hear with his good ear.

“I’m sorry sir, I can’t give out any patient information.” The woman said and Jackson sighed.

“Ma’am, Mark would be listed as his emergency contact, but he’s deaf… so if you tried to call him he doesn’t know what it’s for. I have him with me here, I can tell him what he needs to know. He wants to know if this is about his boyfriend Jinyoung.” Jackson said again, waiting for the woman, it sounded like she was typing something before she let out a worried sigh.

“Park Jinyoung was admitted to the emergency room a little while ago, he was pulled from a car accident. Mark Tuan is listed as his only emergency contact, if anything else is to be said, he needs to come in person.” The woman said and Jackson groaned, Thanking her several times before he hung up. Moving to the phone, Youngjae quickly signed to Mark what was going on. Marks face dropped, into an expression neither of them could understand.

“COME GET ME! I CAN’T SIT HERE. YOUNGJAE COME PICK ME UP!” Mark yelled into the phone, quickly hanging it up. Youngjae quickly grabbed for his drink and his keys and did as Mark asked, rushing out of the building. He nearly went head first into JB who had showed up to help Jackson with running the store on his own.

“Whoa hey where you going?” Jaebum smirked, moving to grab for Youngjae who skirted away from him quickly.

“Jinyoung was in a car accident, I have to take Mark to the hospital. Go help Jackson, and again, not interested.” Youngjae said as he quickly ran for his car, Jaebum groaned, rushing inside to be with Jackson.

Youngjae knew that Mark would be on the side of the street waiting for him when he pulled up, Mark was hard to understand through his tears as he bolted into the car and yelled for Youngjae to put his foot on it. Youngjae knew he was scared so he didn’t mind how worked up Mark was. Every stop light he would sign to Mark to make it easier on both of them, trying to calm him down. He explained how the woman said that Mark had been made Jinyoung’s emergency contact, which Mark said must have been a recent change since as far as he knew, it was still Jaebum since his parents lived so far away.

When they got to the hospital, Mark waited for Youngjae before he ran inside, looking around nervously at all the signs to lead him to the emergency room, getting to the front desk, he signed to Youngjae before looking to the nurse.

“This is Mark Tuan, you guys called him in regards to his boyfriend, Park Jinyoung. Was he admitted here?” Youngjae asked, looking at the woman, Mark quickly handed over his identification card so the woman knew who he was before he signed to Youngjae. “Patience.” Youngjae mouthed to him and Mark whimpered. The woman got up and called for the doctors taking care of Jinyoung, explaining the situation when they arrived. A man walked over taking the file and bowed his head politely at the two young boys.

“I’ll translate for you. Mark is deaf.” Youngjae explained, the doctor nodded, understanding.

“Hello, I’m Dr. Gan. I’ve been looking after Mr Park since he was admitted. He was in a car accident a few hours ago and has been admitted with a concussion, minor bruising to his ribs, his leg was crushed by the door but luckily nothing is broken. He has several stitches however that need to be taken care of. We were able to get him bandaged up, and gave him something for the pain. He’s resting now. If everything checks out, he can go home in the morning.” The man stated and Mark blinked, trying so hard to keep up but it was impossible for him with how fast the doctor spoke. Youngjae turned to Mark and did his best to sign everything for him, Mark nodded his head following along to Youngjae’s hands before he turned to the doctor.

“Am I allowed to see him?” Mark asked and the man nodded, pointing towards a hallway.

“Go down that hallway and up the elevator. third floor, room fifty-three.” He added, and both Mark and Youngjae bowed before rushing to follow the doctor’s directions, choosing the stairs over the elevator to save them both some time. Mark let himself in first, the lights were dim since Jinyoung was resting, but Mark could see him illuminated from the various monitors that were working away in the corner of the room. Getting closer to the bed, Mark took the hand not bandaged up and carefully held it in his own.

“My love... You’re always so cautious, how did this happen.” Mark whimpered, bending down to kiss at Jinyoung’s forehead gently before he gave his hand a light squeeze.

“I know you’re going to say no, but do you wanna come home with me tonight and we can come back for him in the morning?” Youngjae signed from the other side of the bed, Mark shook his head no and made himself comfortable next to Jinyoung, sitting on the edge of the bed.

“You can’t sit up all night watching him, he will be mad if you put your health at risk.” Youngjae added, speaking up this time and Mark just narrowed his eyebrows.

“Don’t… not right now, don’t. I won't leave his side, he would never leave mine.” Mark made clear, looking down to Jinyoung. He watched his steady breathing, the peaceful look on his face despite the cuts and bruises to his perfect skin. “I won't leave him.” Mark said again, finalizing his decision. Youngjae sighed, sinking down in the chair next to him. He wouldn’t leave Mark there alone.

It took several hours for Jinyoung to wake up from the medication they gave him, a slight discomfort all over his body, causing him to shift before he noticed the weight next to him. He saw Mark sleeping in an uncomfortable position at the end of the bed, and Youngjae passed out in the chair next to him. Raising an eyebrow, he scanned the room, a hospital? Why was he in a hospital. Groaning some, he moved his hand from Mark’s, waking the boy up. Mark shot up quickly and wiped the sleep from his eyes to look at Jinyoung.

“Baby.” Jinyoung said softly, over his lips. He winced at the dried bit of blood, not a big fan of the copper taste.

“I’m here. I’m right here love. You’re okay, I promise.” Mark’s sleepy voice in full effect as he tried to get closer to Jinyoung without hurting him.

“I don’t remember how I got here, what happened?” Jinyoung’s voice was weak, dry. Mark took it as a sign to grab for the cup of water he had set out ready for when Jinyoung woke up. Carefully, he used the straw to help Jinyoung drink some before setting the cup back down.

“I don’t know all the details, you were in a car accident? They said your leg was hurt, your ribs are bruised but you’re going to be okay. Do you remember anything? You’re always so careful baby.” Mark frowned, keeping close to Jinyoung now that he was awake. With the lighting so bad, he wanted to make sure he could see his lips, should he try to talk to him.

“I was at the store getting something for us, I wanted to come home early and surprise you…” Jinyoung moved his head to get comfortable, wincing when he felt the pain in his ribs. “I pulled out of the shopping center and a car came so fast around the turn, right into me. I’m lucky to be alive. I’m sorry I didn’t watch better, my mind was… on something else.” Jinyoung frowned, giving Mark’s hand a tight squeeze.

“What’s so important that you’re not paying attention to the road?” Mark didn’t want to wake Youngjae but he couldn’t fathom Jinyoung being so silly.

“I wanted… to buy condoms and stuff so that we could, you know. I promised you once we were settled in the apartment we would make love and I’ve been so busy with my schedules I forgot. I wanted to make it up to you, I got nervous... “ Jinyoung confessed, happy the dim lighting in the room prevented Mark from seeing how embarrassed he was getting over this.

“You what… ?? You were having ??” Mark gasped, his eyes going wide as he snatched his hand away from Jinyoung. Jinyoung quickly waved his hand and shook his head no, trying to get Mark to understand.

“I was buying things so we could have , because I promised you we would… and we haven’t yet.. So my mind was on going home to make love to you and I didn’t look where I was going.” Jinyoung did his best to sign, hoping that Mark could understand him.

Whimpering, Mark watched his hands carefully before he moved to slap his own hand over his face, he groaned to himself before he looked to Jinyoung.

“You put your life at risk over our life?! Jinyoung, that was so stupid of you! You know I’ll wait forever for you!” Mark signed, the look of clear anger on his face. Jinyoung could only frown, looking down at the covers over his body.

“You shouldn’t have to! I’ve spent too long not making you a priority.” Jinyoung spoke, looking down at the covers so Mark couldn’t see his lips. He felt Mark’s fingers under his jaw lift his head up.

“Don’t you dare do that, what did you just say?” Mark glared, and it was probably the only time Jinyoung had ever seen him angry before. The look in his eyes almost frightening.

“That I spend enough time not making you a priority, and it’s time I started doing so.” Jinyoung stated clearly, eyes locking with Mark’s own.

Mark sighed, leaning in to press his head to Jinyoung’s own, his eyes fluttering shut for a moment as nothing but the steady beeping of the machines Jinyoung was hooked up to filled the room. Jinyoung reached his free hand up, cupping under Mark’s jaw lightly, wanting so badly to pull him in for a kiss and hope to be forgiven; but he remained still.

“You do more for me than anyone ever has, and probably ever will. It’s not your fault that you’re set in your ways when it comes to schedules, but don’t ever, ever, for one second think that I don’t feel loved enough, or cherished enough because I know that everything you do, is for us.” Mark said softly, keeping their heads together. His words but a whisper, but Jinyoung felt as if they were being yelled right at his heart. He only responded by lifting his head up to let their lips meet, keeping it simple since he was still in a great amount of pain, but he needed Mark to know he heard him.

“You are my world, I promise I will do everything to make you happy… and proud to be with me. Starting with us finally getting down to business once I’m out of here.” Jinyoung frowned, looking at the beeping machines before his eyes fell back on Mark. When he saw the slight smirk on Mark’s face, he couldn’t help but raise an eyebrow.

“What on earth is that for?”

“I didn’t know you were so hell bent on having with me, if I knew that, I probably would have made a move on you ages ago.” Mark couldn’t help but laugh, covering his mouth to not be so loud with Youngjae sleeping right next to them.

“Not even close to funny.” Jinyoung signed before giving Mark a playful push.

“You’re okay, that’s all that matters. Please, rest. The more you rest the sooner you will come home to me, the sooner you can be where you belong.” Mark slid off the bed and moved to fix the covers over Jinyoung’s body. He took extra caution around some of his bandages before kissing the top of his eyes. Jinyoung’s eyes fluttered softly before he reached up to touch Mark’s cheek.

He couldn’t see him, but Mark knew he said ‘I love you.’

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Finally! We thought you two were never going to show up.” Jackson patted Jinyoung on the shoulder as they walked into the apartment. Taking off their shoes, the two were decked out in the couples costume Mark had spent weeks convincing Jinyoung to wear.

Getting Jinyoung in a costume period was enough of an accomplishment, but to get him to agree to dress up as the counterpart to someone else, Mark had a power over him nobody could understand.

“Jinyoung is still so nervous when he drives, so he took it slow.” Mark rubbed his boyfriend's shoulder, knowing that Jinyoung had some trauma from the accident that made him extra nervous in car’s, understandably so.

It had been a few weeks since the accident and they were attending the Halloween party at Jackson and Jaebum’s apartment. When they arrived, it seemed everyone was there, the music was going, the food was in endless supply, the drinks had already started to flow. Mark kept close to Jinyoung as they walked into the kitchen and helped themselves to whatever overly spiked drink was floating in the punch bowl. One sip in, Jinyoung was coughing for air, Mark looked at the glass as if he were silently asking what it’s motive was.

It was strong, this would be an interesting night.

A few hours in, Jinyoung was nice and drunk. The redness in his ears had spread to his cheeks and neck. Mark was no better, but neither of them seemed to care. They were busy dancing together among a sea of other people, even if Mark had no idea what song was playing, it wasn’t hard for him to feel the floor vibrating and follow Jinyoung’s lead.

Jinyoung’s hands were wrapped around his slim torso tightly, keeping it pressed up against him in a public display of affection that had even Jackson clutching his pearls. Nobody had seen Jinyoung drunk, nor this open about his private life before. It was a whole new side to him, but not a bad one in the slightest.

Halfway through the dancing, Mark spun around to look eye to eye at Jinyoung, offering him a smile before he leaned his head into his neck and started to kiss along the heated skin. Jinyoung’s hands slid to Mark’s hips and gripped tighter, drawing him closer by the hem of his costume.

“You are being bad.” Jinyoung said, forcing Mark to pick his head up so he could read what Jinyoung was saying to him. “You’re being bad.” Jinyoung repeated, giving Mark a not so innocent look.

“You’re all healed, do I have to keep behaving? You look so good in this costume.” Mark smiled as innocently as he could, pushing his slim hips against Jinyoung’s own as the two started to back out of the dance floor and towards a more private section of the apartment.

“I think you picked this just to see what I’m like in tight pants.” Jinyoung sighed, knowing that in the dark it wouldn’t be easy for Mark to see his lips. Mark shrugged, not even trying to deny that what Jinyoung was saying was true.

“Neither of us are okay to drive though, shame… If we were home alone right now.” Mark started and all Jinyoung could do was groan. His hands automatically pulling Mark in as he spun them around, pushing his lover up against the wall to kiss frantically at his lips. He didn’t know what it was about Mark that made him break every rule he ever had about public displays of affection, maybe it was the alcohol running through his veins that destroyed his filters, but tonight, all he wanted was to see Mark’s skin tight superhero costume laying on the floor of their apartment bedroom.

“You are going to regret being this flirty when we get home tonight. I am going to make you suffer and wait until I sober up so I’m fully able to use everything I have.” Jinyoung spoke of course of the cursed whiskey syndrome. Drinking so much it was near impossible to get erect.

“If you don’t fall asleep first, I’m holding you to that.” Mark smirked, leaning up to kiss Jinyoung again. The two only parted ways when Jinyoung heard a cough next to them, looking away from Mark, he saw someone who had come out of the room nearby, looking at them. It was dark, so Jinyoung had to squint to see who it was but when he did, he felt his blood boil for another reason.

“What are you ing doing here?” Jinyoung growled, glaring at his ex who had an amused look on his face. Wonhui’s lack of costume, no shock to Jinyoung, but it seemed his costume came as something of a surprise.

“I came with a date who’s friends with Bambam. Since when do you dress up for Halloween?” He rose an eyebrow, looking at the two matching men before him.

“Let me guess, Super Schedule and Deaf Boy?” He thought he was so hysterical, and the more he smirked the more Jinyoung wanted to smack it off his face. “I assume it was his idea.”

“None of your business, why are you watching us freak? Don’t you have better things to do than spy on kissing couples?” Jinyoung took Mark’s hand in his own, more than anxious to get them out of the party now that he knew his ex was there.

“Well I didn’t believe it was you at first, since it looked like human affection, and I know you’re incapable of that outside closed doors and certain hours. So I just was a bit surprised is all.” Wonhui shrugged, Jinyoung growled at him.

“What is he saying.” Mark frowned, trying to make it out but with the dim lighting it was proving challenging, he tugged at Jinyoung’s arm, giving his boyfriend a look.

“It’s not important.” Jinyoung signed, taking Mark’s hand in his own, dragging him away from Wonhui.

“Awe, don’t like an audience do you? Wait no it’s after ten, which means you have an hour of studying before bed.” He said, and Jinyoung lost it. He dropped Mark’s hand to lunge at his ex, slamming him up against the wall with a crushing force that had several hung pictures fall to the floor.

“Talk to me, about me, to my boyfriend, or about my boyfriend again and so help me Wonhui I will make you regret ever being born, do you understand? This is why we didn’t work out, THIS. You are an impossible that doesn’t know how to give people space and I was a fool for years to think that you’d ever love me for who I was, rather than try and change everything about me.” Jinyoung growled, keeping his grip on his ex tight. Mark stood by, looking when Youngjae ran over asking what was going on. Mark shrugged, he couldn’t see Jinyoung’s lips but he knew he was upset from his body language.

“I loved you for years unconditionally, while you never accepted me for who I was. You were nasty to me, you were abusive to me, and you ing in bed.” Jinyoung slammed him back again before letting him go. Youngjae’s jaw dropped, signing to Mark quickly what Jinyoung had been saying.

“You think it’s easy putting up with a frigid prick who thought he was better than everyone at everything? Whose only becoming a doctor to make mommy and daddy happy, but has no real passion of his own. You are a robot Jinyoung, you have no feeling, and no care for anyone but yourself. You are impossible to love, and the only reason it’s working now is because your handicap boyfriend doesn’t know how insufferable you are because he can’t ing hear your superiority complex.” Wonhui pushed Jinyoung off him as hard as he could, but it seemed Jinyoung overpowered him more than he thought he could. But his words had consequences. Within seconds he was on the floor, Jinyoung’s body pushing him down as his fists connected with his face. Mark was in no rush to stop him either, not with what Youngjae having told him he said.

It wasn’t until JB ran over and pulled Jinyoung off did the fight finally stop, looking at the both of them, confused.

“What the hell happened, how did you even get in here?” He growled, shoving Wonhui in the direction of the front door.

“I got invited.” He tried to protest but by then Jackson was there helping get him out of the building. The two of them threw him out into the hallway, chucking his shoes at him without a care in the world before they slammed the door in his face. Jinyoung watched the whole scene happen before he went to join Mark’s side.

“Are you okay? Are you hurt?” Mark signed, and Jinyoung shook his head no. Oddly sobered up from the fighting, he wrapped an arm around Mark and drew him in close.

“I’m okay. I’m ready to go home though.” Jinyoung spoke, looking right at Mark so he could understand. He nodded his head before moving to head towards the front door with Jinyoung.

“You guys okay? Do you need me to drive you home?” Youngjae asked, heading to the door with them, looking worried at Jinyoung who shook his head no.

“Thank you for asking but we will be okay. Tell Jaebum to stop trying though. He’s looking like a lost puppy every time you turn him down.” Jinyong smirked, giving Youngjae a playful wink before he and Mark took their leave.

“You okay to drive?” Mark asked, walking out of the building with Jinyoung, heading down to where their car was parked.

“Yeah, I know I’ll be okay. Beating him up was oddly satisfying.” Jinyoung smirked while signing, moving to take Mark’s hand once he was done.

“Well lets shower when we get home, then head to bed. We still have to start packing for the trip to your parents.” Mark spoke, the nervous tone obvious to Jinyoung, who stopped them before Mark could get into the car.

“I have told you a million times, they are going to love you. They know I’m gay, they have always supported me.” Jinyoung spoke, knowing that there was sufficiently enough lighting for Mark to see him.

“Yes, it doesn’t matter that I’m a guy… but I’m deaf. Surely they will see me as an obstacle preventing their son from focusing on the task at hand.” Mark frowned, looking down at the pavement.

“Hey.” Jinyoung lifted his head up making it so Mark was looking right at him. “They already know you’re deaf, and they don’t care. Why would they? I don’t ever want to hear you beat yourself up for this again, do you understand? Being deaf does not make you a problem to people around you.” Jinyoung spoke slowly, and clearly, so that Mark would understand everything in one go. Whimpering slightly, Mark surged up to press his lips to Jinyoung’s own, his arms wrapping around his.

“You never told me they already knew!” Mark teased, playfully pushing Jinyoung before he moved to open his door.

“Because you being deaf doesn’t matter, love. It’s just something about you, but it doesn’t define you.” Jinyoung signed, shutting the door once Mark was situated before he himself got in.

He was still nervous after the wreck, who wouldn’t be. He took every turn with such caution but Mark was a blessing in it all. He kept his hand on Jinyoung’s knee and would give him a reassuring squeeze whenever he noticed Jinyoung getting too scared. It was times like this Jinyoung knew that he made the right choice in sitting on the bench that second day, and the day after that. That he made the right choice in breaking his schedule for this brown eyed boy with more love in his heart than anyone he’d ever met before.

When they finally got home Jinyoung felt better. More at ease that they arrived safely. He climbed out and walked up to their apartment with Mark, opening the door for them before he left his shoes with the others.

“You know it’s times like these I realize just how lucky I am.” Jinyoung stated, walking with Mark to the bedroom where he watched his lover start to remove the skin tight costume.

“Oh yeah? How so?” Mark smirked, sitting on the edge of the bed as he continued to undress.

“Because you have this insane ability to love me, even when I can’t love myself. You are beautiful in every single way… you don’t mind that I’m crazy and can’t see beyond my schedules sometimes..” Jinyoung sighed, moving to remove his own costume before he felt Mark’s hands on his back. Looking behind him gently, he saw Mark kiss over his shoulder blades. Chills ran down his back, his breathing evened out as Mark’s warm hands slid up to rest on his shoulders.

“I don’t care about schedules, or lists. I know that once school is over and you’re the amazing handsome doctor that I know you can be, you’re going to finally be free of living a life planned for you and be able to make one for your own. You’re going to do so many amazing things and I’ll be by your side to the best of my ability.” Mark spoke gently, kissing lightly at Jinyoung’s skin between his words. Jinyoung raised an eyebrow at the last bit, turning in his spot to get a better look at Mark.

“To the best of your ability? Don’t tell me…”

“This has nothing to do with me being deaf, but you’ll be a doctor baby. There is a lot that someone like me can’t do as far as that. I’m an art student, I’ll only understand so much about what you do, so I’ll do the best I can to help you when it gets to be too much, and never stray from your side.” Mark smiled wide, his hands falling to Jinyoung’s chest as he ran his fingertips over the defined muscles. Nobody would think that Jinyoung had the body that he did, given the way he carried himself and dressed, but he was stunning out of his clothes and Mark often found it hard to keep his hands to himself.

“You really are a dream come true.” Jinyoung spoke, walking them backwards slowly until Mark’s legs hit the bed. He watched his boyfriend’s body fall back, bending some, he took the hem of his pants and pulled them down, getting Mark completely undressed. “No underwear?” He raised an eyebrow and Mark blushed. He didn’t understand what Jinyoung had said but he could only imagine with the way he was looking his body over.

“Baby… I want you.” Mark whimpered, his body rolling in the most seductive way, Jinyoung’s hands ran over the exposed skin, pulling Mark’s hips down to the edge of the bed.

“Whatever you want my love, it’s yours.” Jinyoung bent his body, kissing along Mark’s stomach, lightly working his way up to his neck.

“No teasing this time.” Mark made clear, Jinyoung simply smirked against his skin before he placed several more kisses to the sensitive skin covering Mark’s collar bones. A spot he knew drove the other wild. Within seconds he felt Mark’s swelling between them, pressing against his hips as he tried to grind against Jinyoung for relief.

“What did I say?” Mark whimpered, moving to push Jinyoung’s head up so they were face to face. He didn’t want more words though, he surged forward and captured Jinyoung’s lips in his own for a heated kiss.

He was a , he knew Jinyoung knew that, but it wasn’t as if they had never done anything before. He had blown Jinyoung several times, been blown by Jinyoung just as many. He’d had Jinyoung’s fingers in him but they always seemed so scared to take it further. Not tonight. Jinyoung was going to give into him, he would make sure of it.

Parting from the kiss, Mark moved to get the rest of Jinyoung’s costume off, pushing the fabric down around his ankles to free his own pulsing from the offensive boxer material. Feeling the slick skin slapping against his own had Mark purring out, body rolling up automatically.

“Don’t be gentle, I won't break. Please…” Mark whimpered, looking up at his lover, getting lost in how he looked with that hungry desire fueled look in his eyes. “… Jinyoungie.”

“I have to get you ready.” Jinyoung signed, moving to grab the things he had bought the night of the accident. A small bottle of lube and a . He laid them on the bed before he moved to get Mark better situated. “Relax baby. I’m going to take good care of you.”

Mark knew it was true. Nodding his head, he watched carefully as Jinyoung moved about getting the clothes completely off before he grabbed for the lube. With one swift motion he had Mark on his stomach, moving his body to get his up in the air. It meant Mark couldn’t see him, and he was about to protest when he felt slicked up fingers teasing around his entrance. Eyes fluttering shut, Mark instinctively pushed his hips back in a cry for more. All Jinyoung could do was smirk as he traced along the rim of muscles a few times, dipping his finger in gently until he felt comfortable sliding more in. Mark groaned out, happy Jinyoung was taking his time even if a part of him was ready to just get it all over with. He knew Jinyoung would be calculated, take extra care of him, and for that he was internally thankful.

The feeling of Jinyoung's slender finger sliding inside him was more than welcomed, but Mark’s needy whimpers let Jinyoung know he wanted more. He was ready for more.

Jinyoung carefully added a second finger, working his way up to three. A little smaller than what his actual size was, so it wouldn’t hurt too bad going in. The noises Mark was making were simply delicious. Gentle groaning and soft panting every time, getting louder as Jinyoung’s fingertips brushed against the sweet spot deep inside him. Within minutes Mark was a writhing begging mess, whimpering into the mattress for Jinyoung to make love to him.

Who was he to argue with that?

Moving his body some, Jinyoung slid his fingers out and got Mark flipped over onto his back. Smirking at the blissed out look covering Marks face. The heated rose color along his chest and cheeks. Jinyoung didn’t know much about art, but he would hang a painting of how Mark looked in his office.

“Don’t tease. You’re looking at me funny!” Mark whimpered, trying to nudge Jinyoung down with his legs. “Please. I want it so bad.” He added, over his lips to try and quench an insatiable thirst.

“You look so stunning, forgive me. I’m not sure I’ve ever seen anyone more beautiful.” Jinyoung blurted out, grabbing for the to make quick work of sliding it carefully on himself. Mark only blushed, looking away from Jinyoung feeling so open and vulnerable. Nobody ever treated him like he was art before, it was a new sensation for him.

“Ready?” Jinyoung signed and Mark nodded. More than ready for Jinyoung.

Carefully gripping the base of his , Jinyoung lined himself up with Mark’s prepared hole and slid in. Inch by inch, until his hips were flushed against Mark's . The feeling of his tight heat was unreal, it took everything in him not to lose his mind right then and there. Mark flinched at the small sting from Jinyoung being bigger than he was stretched to, but within seconds the pain was long forgotten. Jinyoung’s hips started to move and it was as if Mark was breathing for the first time, even if he felt the breath knocked out of him simultaneously.

They didn’t need words now, but it was the first real time Mark hated being deaf. He wanted to hear what Jinyoung sounded like, what sounded like. He didn’t know if he was being too loud, too quiet, but in this moment he hated his impairment.

He wouldn’t let it show though. No. Because even if he couldn’t hear Jinyoung, he felt him, tasted him, smelled him. The feel of their tongues melding together as Jinyoung’s hips picked up speed. The sweat from their bodies mixing together making it almost too slippery for them to be stable. Jinyoung found comfort in gripping the bed in lieu of Mark for more stability. The sound of their bodies moving together filling the room, probably the neighbors as well.

When they both started to cramp, they switched positions. Mark happily got on his hands and knees, not like he needed to see what Jinyoung was saying to know what he wanted. The second Jinyoung slid back in, his mind went foggy again, plunged into the perfect world of his lovers well timed and powerful . Mark found himself pushing up from the mattress to push their bodies together. Slowing things down to help prevent his budding from ruining things too quickly. Jinyoung wrapped his arms tightly around Mark as he worked with the new angle, loving having Mark pressed close to his body. Loving how Mark seemed to fit perfectly everywhere and know what he wanted before Jinyoung could even move him.

Time became irrelevant, neither of them had school the following day, so wasting the time away in the throngs of passion suited them both just fine. Mark found himself pushed down into the mattress once their bodies tired again, Jinyoung close to his from the sporadic hip s. Mark welcomed it as the friction of his rubbing against the bedding became almost too much for him. He let out a loud cry when he came, not even aware of how loud he was being as his whole body shook from the force. Jinyoung followed behind, gasping for air as he spilled his seed into the , slowing himself down to get them both comfortable before he collapsed on top of Mark.

They laid there for a while, both drifting in and out of sleep as they did their best to even out their breathing and cool their bodies. Jinyoung picked his head up after a while, sliding his now from Mark before getting up to throw away the . It was late, even the city lights seemed to be dim at this hour. It was hard to see but Jinyoung knew where everything was by heart. Mark stirred and whimpered when he felt the empty bed, sitting up carefully, body aching all over. He rubbed at his eye with the back of his hand before he looked for Jinyoung, smirking when he saw him pulling clean bedding from the little closet.

“Forget that. Come back to bed.” Mark said, Jinyoung jumped slightly not having known he was awake.

“I want to change them. You shouldn’t sleep in your own mess.” Jinyoung signed, knowing talking was useless.

“Come back to bed.” Mark made clear, and Jinyoung did as he was told. He set the blankets back down in the closet and moved to sit next to Mark on the bed. The sleepy look on his face was priceless, he reached over for his little notebook that they started keeping by the bed and quickly wrote a note for Jinyoung.

“I don’t care about sleeping in our mess, it’s cold and I want you back next to me.” Mark handed the notebook over and Jinyoung could only laugh. He took the pen and scribbled down his reply before handing the book over to Mark.

“As you wish, but I’m washing the bedding in the morning.” Mark giggled reading Jinyoung’s words, watching as Jinyoung laid back down but slid over so Mark could be safely out of the wet spot.

Mark set the notebook down and moved to lay down next to Jinyoung, pushing his head into Jinyoung’s neck. Strong arms found their way around him, making him smile before placing several kisses to Jinyoung’s neck. He nosed against the warm skin before he looked up to meet Jinyoung’s face.

“I had a dream last night, I heard your voice for the first time.” Mark bit at his lower lip, despite the smile, Jinyoung could tell he was sad.

“You may one day. Never give up hope.” Jinyoung assured, leaning in to kiss Mark before he moved to hold him closer. They didn’t need to go into things, he still hadn’t told Mark the true nature of his visit to his parents. That he wanted to be a surprise.

He hoped he took it well, he knew how Mark got when it came to his hearing. How dark he could go when the doctors never got back to him with good news. He had refused to go to the doctors the last several times to avoid all upsetting news, something Jinyoung was none too happy about, but at least his parents said they would be willing to do everything they could to help, if anything, they would find someone that could do whatever they themselves were unable to do.

“I love you baby.” Mark mumbled in his sleep, eyes fluttering closed. Jinyoung didn’t answer, he didn’t have to. Mark knew he felt the same.

Notes:

Come find me on twitter @daddyafmarkjin, or comment down below to let me know what yoh think! Don’t be a silent reader!