Chapter 2

X = ❤️

Tzuyu's POV

I narrowed my eyes down on a familiar question that I could solve. The method was on the tip of my tongue and I hated that feeling.

In frustration, I growled quietly making sure that I wasn't disturbing anyone in the classroom.

It wasn't really lady-like but I couldn't care less, I needed to know what it meant.

If you didn't know, I am currently doing a test that is on a national scale. The test will get sent to the 'The Board Of Education' and they will choose the smartest people to the United Kingdom.

To be specific Oxford University. I mean it isn't London but at least I'm closer to the Queen than anyone else in Taiwan.

I really needed this because not only will I be able to go to another country, this can be used for credit for going to university or it can help me get a job in life though I don't know what kind of job it can help me in.

A droplet of sweat goes down my forehead and I get my light blue handkerchief to wipe it away.

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP.

The loud sound of the teacher's phone breaking the quiet yet tense atmosphere in the room.

"Guys! Stop writing on the paper, put your pens or pencils on the table and pass your test to the front of the classroom. Anyone caught writing on the paper now will be cheating and will score a zero on their test!" The teacher's voice boomed across the classroom.

Everything was still silent and all you could was the paper being passed along. Once all the tests were all gathered, the teacher said that we could talk to our classmates.

There was a few quiet complaints that they didn't do well but there were mostly sighs of relief around the room.

Sana came up to me, she too is trying her hardest to get invited to the competition and for some reason she has a delusion that a British man will fall in love with her and everything will end with a 'happily ever after'.

I couldn't blame her for dreaming about a useless thing, Sana and her mother were abused by her Father. Thankfully he's in prison now and won't come out for a long time.

"Hiii Tzuyu!!" She said happily

"Hi." I said with a low voice that sounded like I just came back to life.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"I might fail..." My voice trailed off as I shiver at the thought of the fact that I was going to fail.

"Don't worry, you won't fail at all!"

I gave a weak smile to Sana, trying to assure her that her comment made my negative mood into a positive even though it made me even more nervous.

The teacher left with the massive stack of test papers and a few minutes later, his head popped in for a bit.

"Your test results will come back on Monday or Tuesday!"

"You can rest for now so from now on until Monday. All lessons will be grace periods."

Cheers of joy went around the classroom as people got up and started walking out of the classroom.

"How can I wait for my for my damn test!"

"Relax Tzuyu, you will totally get in!"

I got up and walked over to the vending machines. I choose a coke because I seriously need sugar.

It hisses as I open the can. I start drinking it and a sweet taste kicks in before you can feel the fizz against my tongue.

I go back to the classroom and I start dragging Sana out of the classroom.

"Where are we going?!" Sana said nervously.

"I don't know...let destiny take us away." I said being all hyper.

-

Monday (result day)

"So...results are in." Groaning came from all over the room.

He opened the envelope with ease and his eyes widen when he looks at the results. I give Sana a nervous look.

"S-so we have..." He took a deep breath and he started to make the words slowly like a baby.

"Tzuyu and Sana...you've gotten through..."
.


 

.


 

.


 

.

 

.

"Eh?" Sana says.

"You're going to London. Guys you two are going to London!" He shouted.

"Really?!" Sana shouted as she got up to see if this was actually true.

I still haven't said anything and it dawned on me when everyone started to stare at me, waiting for some sort of reaction from me.

"SoI'mreallygoingtoLondon?!" I blurted out with everyone standing back a bit at the loud volume that I was emitting from my mouth. Plus I spoke really quickly.

"What?" The teacher said, obviously confused of what I said.

Yes! I'm going to go to London and if I'm lucky enough, I can go meet the queen!