The Day We Fought

Red Planet [HIATUS]

Youngjae stumbled about in the large hallways, eyes bleared with tears as he whimpered in search of a washroom. He was due to meet his fiancé at any moment and his nerves were making his bladder feel weak.

Currently at the age of 11 he was finally due to meet his future husband for the first time. As a child he wouldn't question why they hadn't met sooner, simply because he wasn't fully aware of how this was supposed to work. He was simply following orders.

The Bang's mansion was confusing to say the least. It was so different from his mansion. This place was decorated like royalty, with dark wooden floors and burgundy walls, there were numerous vases and paintings surrounding him and he missed his bright home with it's white walls and light floors.

Youngjae turned another corner and he was devastated to meet another hallway. He didn't wish to open each door because that would be rude so instead he did the best he could do as a young child under too much pressure. He squatted down and cried.

He fell down on his bum and his fists harshly rubbed his eyes. What if he had already made a bad impression? He'd been gone from the party for over 10 minutes or at least that's what it felt like. Youngjae curled up into himself and cried into his knees, he clenched the bottom of his shorts, wrinkling the material.

"Youngjae?" the small boy lifted his head and he saw someone rushing towards him through his tears. Ashamed, he turned away and covered his face. Not wanting to be seen by anyone when he was being such a baby, no doubt his older cousins would to no end,

"What're you doing out here? Did you get lost?" the person's voice is slightly deep and definitely soothing, Youngjae finally looks up at the stranger and he freezes when he see's that it's Yongnam squatting down in front of him to get on his eye level. His eyes widen and he blatantly stares,

"Come with hyung, let's go back," Yongnam suggests with a smile and Youngjae sniffles before he nods his head, standing up with the 15 year olds help. He notices how he only reaches his chest. Yongnam takes a handkerchief from his pocket and gingerly wipes the child's tears,

"Now will you smile for me?" Youngjae does so until his cheeks hurt.

 

He wakes from the dream with a startle, his throat dry and uncomfortable as he coughs. Youngjae sits up in his twin sized bed and he grabs his phone from under his pillow to see that he still had 15 minutes before his alarm would go off. However, he was the type that couldn't fall asleep again once awake so he decides to lounge in bed for a moment.

As he's scrolling down his emails he gets a call from his mother which shocks him and results in his phone falling onto his nose. With a hiss of pain he answers the call with a grunt since he's still too asleep to use words.

"Oh honey I told you to wake up at 7, rather than 7:30, it'll help you be more awake for the office," Youngmi chides her son lightly and Youngjae can hear the smile in her voice, he knows that she's teasing him in a way so he dismisses it as playful lecturing.

"I go in to the office at 8:30 anyway, do you need something?" he yawns and stretches as he finally decides to pull himself out of bed, his feet padding along the cold floors as he hops to his washroom which is of course, attached to his bedroom.

"Stop by the mansion today, we need to discuss some general wedding details," her voice drops to a serious octave and Youngjae is reminded of what happened yesterday. How in the blink of an eye his whole future had changed and was now with a whole new man who he'd never even met before.

"I'll be there then, I'll see you mom," Youngjae answers in a clipped manner, his mood suddenly falling. Thankfully his mother had always been able to read him and she always chose to respect when he needed some time alone.

"Drive safe," and she hangs up the phone. Youngjae tosses his phone on his bed and proceeds to go through his morning routine. His mind is running with the same thoughts that kept him awake last night. 

Why didn't Yongnam merely break off the engagement rather than marrying another? Did it have something to do with him he wondered, was he not worthy? Youngjae shakes his head and spits out the mint froth in his mouth, he was a confident and independent man. 

As he finished up and got dressed in his usual work attire his mind was still whirring. He already felt exhausted and his day hadn't even begun yet. Hell he was still coming to terms that he was the CEO of Yoo Music and now he had to wrap his head around a new fiancé? He'd been engaged since he was 6.

He leaves his condominium in a hurry since he knows that his parents will have quite a bit to say to him and he doesn't want to be late to work. Youngjae enters the car park and jumps into his Acura before he speeds off towards his parents' mansion. 

Youngjae only moved out when he was 22, he had waited until he had saved up enough money to get the place that he had his eyes set on. His parents of course offered to help but they respected his decision of wanting to use his own earned money. He'd always been his own person.

Driving down towards his old neighbourhood always awoke a feeling of nostalgia inside of him. He visited his parents often, just, he never really got the time to fully embrace the memories of his childhood spent in these rich roads. A bitter smile appeared on his lips as he drove up the long driveway.

He steps out of his car and heads to the front door, punching in the code before he uses his key and enters. The bright sunlight streaming through the multiple skylights make him squint as he makes his way down the front hall to the kitchen on his left where his parents are.

Youngmi is busying herself with tea while his father is reading over his emails with a cup of coffee. Youngjae smiles as he heads over to his mother to give her a hug and he pats his father on the back as he takes a seat beside him. 

"So son, as you know the engagement is now involving you and Bang Yongguk," Taehwang begins with a stern look on his face. Youngjae nonchalantly looks down at the contract that his father was skimming over, he knew not to let his eyes linger.

"The wedding will be held in two months, in October. Till then you two will be living with one another, you can discuss with Yongguk on who's home it'll be," his father says quietly and Youngjae blinks.

"Why is everything happening so quickly?" he breathes. His eyes are desperate and confused as he looks at his parents, his mother takes a seat down beside her husband and apologetically sips her tea without a word to say. Taehwang sighs and rubs his eyes beneath his glasses,

"You were supposed to be married a long time ago Youngjae, we're merely making up for lost time," Taehwang answers and judging by the young CEO's reaction it wasn't what he wanted to hear. He droops down in his seat, hopeless.

"For now, why don't you get to know Yongguk? He's here and he wants to marry you, we've talked to him more in the last few weeks than we've talked to Yongnam in 18 years," Youngmi suggests and Youngjae bites his lip, his parents have known about the new engagement for weeks and they didn't think to tell him.

He still feels sick knowing that Yongnam married another when he was already engaged.

"I'll be heading to work now, thank you, Mother, Father," Youngjae pushes himself up and bows at his parents before he turns and leaves the mansion. He doesn't bother looking back as he angrily goes back into his car and he speeds towards his company. He hoped there was a lot of work today, he needed a distraction.

After arriving at the company Youngjae makes his way inside and he doesn't even greet the secretaries at the front, he goes to his executive elevator and presses the button for the top floor where his office was. He taps his foot impatiently and when the door opens he prays that Daehyun isn't doing anything important.

Indeed, his best friend was currently munching on a donut as he read emails and Youngjae was willing to waste some of his time. He gives curt nods to the other workers who greet him and he rushes straight to his friend's desk, he knows that Jongup has a class at the moment so only Daehyun will have to do.

"I need to talk to you, now." he orders as he unlocks his office and steps inside. Youngjae drops his briefcase on one of the two chairs in front of his desk and he proceeds to sit on top of it, pushing his name plate to the side as his legs dangle off the edge. He brings his middle finger to his lips and begins biting at the nail,

"I take it the meeting yesterday didn't go well? Don't do that," his tone goes from concerned to scolding in a second, Daehyun gently pushes down Youngjae's hand, not letting his friend indulge in his nervous habit.

"I'm not engaged to Bang Yongnam anymore, I'm engaged to Bang Yongguk," Youngjae reveals first and he claspes his hands together, fidgeting as he tries to find his words. He knows that Daehyun won't speak until he's done, he never does.

"It seems that Bang Yongnam got married... and now to keep the deal from being void I'll be marrying the son who will be inheriting the company," he says quietly. His eyes are trained onto the ground as his voice trembles, he feels so lost.

"I can't help but wonder why? If he found someone he loved then he could've closed off the engagement? But also, he was engaged to me so didn't he feel any kind of obligation not to umm cheat? I mean, not obligation... I can't remember the word. I'm rambling," Youngjae breathed in disbelief. The words hurt so much when they were said out loud.

"I mean, I haven't even really met the guy. So why do I feel so hurt? He already referred to this whole ordeal as a mess that he's been left with to clean, what does that make me?" Youngjae runs his hands down his face and he stops, any further and he'd be hating himself for no reason.

Before Daehyun can offer any kind of advice however, the phone rings. Youngjae looks down at his work phone and he frowns when he sees that it's Jongup calling. He picks up the phone with a sigh,

"Yes Jongup?" even Daehyun is looking at him strangely at this point. Whenever Jongup had a lesson he'd be good as dead to anyone who wanted to reach him, he kept his phone off and in office desk. Although Youngjae did notice how it was one of the practice room's phones.

"Mr. Bang Yongguk is here to see you hyung, I sent him up to your office. I sent Daehyun hyung a message but he hasn't responded but I can't leave my class," Jongup informs him and Youngjae's eyes widen dramatically as a knock comes to his door.

"Well isn't this just beautifully timed, Come in please!" he says the first bit under his breath before he remembers that Daehyun is currently in his office. He glances at his friend who's jaw drops like a fish when the soon-to be CEO of the Bang Entertainment enters the room. 

Yongguk looks extremely handsome as usual. His black hair was slicked back like last time however there seemed to be more loose strands hanging down the side of his face, it made him look wild in a way. He was wearing a white shirt underneath a black blazer along with black dress pants and dark brown shoes.

"I'm sorry Daehyun, I'll talk to you later," Youngjae visibly swallows and he hops off of his desk before he directs his friend out of the room. Daehyun politely bows to Yongguk who smiles and returns the gesture. The CEO then directs his fiancé towards one of the chairs, he awkwardly grabs his briefcase and tosses it behind the desk.

"I just arrived at the office, I apologize for the lack of professionalism," he smiles tightly at Yongguk who comfortably leans in the chair and clasps his beautiful fingers. Youngjae sits down in his chair and gives all of his attention to the man in front of him,

"No need to apologize Youngjae, it's quite alright. I simply wanted to discuss some general things, such as living arrangements," Youngjae can tell that Yongguk was the type of man who wanted things done quickly and effectively. Or perhaps he was reading the man completely wrong, he was a stranger.

"We can buy a whole new place all together or we could live in whichever one of our homes is suitable? What is your opinion? I'm fine with anything," Yongguk smiles at him once more and Youngjae's chest feels warm,

"I say we buy a new home, then we can create our own space together rather than trying to live in each others'," Youngjae blurts out and he hates how innocent it sounded. Instead of the judging glare he expects, he gets a surprising gummy smile and a shy laugh.

"That makes complete sense, our parents have suggested we move in together soon so that we can become familiar with one another. Shall we look for a home this weekend?" Yongguk looks at him with such unreadable eyes, he feels self conscious. The want to please this man was unbelievable, his friends words of advice of being himself didn't apply to "first encounters".

"That's fine with me, umm Yongguk.. hyung? May I ask you a question," Youngjae's relief when Yongguk seemed delighted at the comfortable term was enough to disperse his anxiety. He hated meeting new people who were supposed to mean more to him than a mere business deal.

Although, this was practically just another business deal.

"Of course Youngjae, you can ask me anything," he feels as though there was much more to those words. Youngjae didn't want to think about it right now when the man is front of him so he clears his throat and asks the question that he's been dreading the answer to,

"Will there be an official family dinner?" he whispers with his head down. The air in the room grows heavy and even though Youngjae is well aware that nothing officially happens without a dinner he's still hopeful that he won't have to see Yongnam. That he can at least avoid the man when his heart is still tender.

"I assume there will be, our families haven't formally met even though our father's are such good friends and we've been united in such a way," Yongguk answers. he could remember Yongnam always throwing a fit whenever they tried to spend time with the Yoo's,

"It won't be until next week or so when the announcements will be released," Yongguk's trying to reassure him he can tell. He smiles at the elder male and nods as he exhales the breath he had been holding. Yongguk takes a glance at the watch on his wrist and he begins to stand,

"Well, I should be heading back now. I wouldn't want to disturb any of your time further," Youngjae notices that he speaks slowly. It isn't like he's trying to find words but it's more like he actually just speaks that way, carefully and thoroughly. He finds it comforting.

"I'll send you to the door," Youngjae mumbles as he stands up but Yongguk shakes his head with what Youngjae will consider his infamous kind smile from now on. He unconsciously sits back down in his chair and purses his lips,

"I'll find my way back just fine Youngjae. Ah, I wanted to ask, would you like to get dinner tonight?" Yongguk stands in front of the door with his hand on the knob, his body turned to look at Youngjae. The younger offers a sad smile and he shakes his head,

"I'm sorry I'd like to have some more time to get used to this, before we move in together," Youngjae can see the way Yongguk's expression falters ever so slightly but he doesn't have the chance to say more,

"It's okay Youngjae, I completely understand. I'll see you Saturday to find our new home." with that and a low bow Youngjae is left alone in his office. He slumps back into his chair and runs his hands down his face once more. Why did Yongguk have to be so ideal?

 

When Yongguk returns to his company that morning he's surprised to see his elder twin brother waiting for him in his office. It's been a long time since Yongnam even bothered to set foot into the company, he avoided it like the plague.

"Make yourself comfortable," he says in a sarcastic manner when he sees that his brother is already sitting in his chair. Yongguk however doesn't bother sitting, instead he stands and lets the tension wash over them. 

"Yongguk stop acting like I'm the enemy, you're not the only who one who cares about Youngjae. Although I don't even know why you would care about him when he was my fiancé," Yongnam says with spite and Yongguk grits his teeth.

"I never wanted this, you know that more than anybody. I was never a music prodigy and no one thought I was fit for the company anyways." Yongnam rambles on and Yongguk clenches his fist,

"You never even tried Yongnam. You never gave the company a chance and you didn't even bother trying to know Youngjae. And then you go and get married all of a sudden? Did you even stop to think about how it would effect everyone else? How selfish you were?" he seethes. The hurt look in Youngjae's eye was something he never wanted to see again.

"I don't know why you're defending him so much. This is an arranged marriage Yongguk. Our parents set it up. He's a stranger who happens to have a pretty face, hell if I thought he was worth it I would have tried," a flash of regret runs through his eyes but his words have already been said. 

"Just because it's arranged doesn't make it any less of a marriage. It doesn't make Youngjae any less of a person!" Yongguk raises his voice to levels his brother hadn't heard since they fought as children. He points at the door and scowls,

"I will not tolerate you insulting my fiancé, you're free to leave."

 

The Day We Fought - Bolbbalgan4

 

--------------------------------

A/N

FINALLY

I'm so so sorry I left this fic for that long, that wasn't my intention

I just have so many things to write and it slipped my mind, I've had the first sentence of this written for months LOL and I had the chapter planned for that long as well

I'm not trying to make anyone a bad character here, they're all just normal people

Yongnam isn't evil or anything, I'll give more insight into his character in the future ^^

I do want to finish this fic, it may take some time but I'm trying :D I'm in a few fic fests and it's been consuming my time

Also I know how hard it is to find a fic that is solely just bangjae, since everything is mixed with another otp or it's like youngjaexeveryone XD 

Thank you for your patience and hi to all my new readers ^^ please leave a comment~ it'd be much appreciated 

- Airi