You love me the way that I love you, but you refuse to show me

BTS One Shots/Drabbles

'Jimin, I did something stupid,' Jungkook tells his fellow dance student as they sit down to catch their breath from dancing. The dance studio is awfully quiet without their thumping music playing. Jimin takes a sip from his water bottle and passes the bottle to Jungkook before speaking.
'What'd you do?' he asks curiously, yet also very uninterested. He is too tired to care, but at the same time he is interested in Jungkook's mistake since he only tends to share those when he needs advice. And when Jungkook needs advice, he's in deep trouble.
'Do you remember when we went to the music room to check on Yoongi a few weeks ago?' Jimin nods.
'Of course I do. That really pretty girl was there and you were swooning over her,' Jimin jokes. Jungkook stares at the water bottle in his hand as his fingers play with it a bit.
'I fell for her,' Jungkook tells Jimin. He gets a confused look from Jimin.
'So what's the big deal? It's just a crush.' Jungkook nods, unable to speak as he swallows his tears. 'Wow, hold on. Are you okay Kookie?' Jungkook wipes his arm over his face to wipe away his tears.
'Forget it,' Jungkook says as he stands up quickly, 'I need to go. I'll see you next week.'
'Ok, sure?' Jungkook leaves the practice room, leaving Jimin in full confusion. What is going on in that kid's head?


You walk through the hallways of the big art school, on your way to your first lecture of the day. Today is a short day for you. Only two lectures at the end of the day. As you walk past the dance studio, you can't help but look inside. Dance has always intrigued you. You always found yourself very inspired after watching someone dance. Doesn't matter what type of dance, or what music, as long as it's dance it's beautiful to you.
That counts for a lot of things for you. When you are preparing things for class, you prefer to sit in the music room instead of one of the classrooms because the music these students are able to make is just so impressive. You just hide somewhere in the back and listen while you work. It's like a dream to you, being surrounded by all these beautiful people.

Through the glass door of the dance studio, you see Jungkook and Jimin. Two very promising students who compliment each other like no one else could. The two of them are born to dance, but rumor has it that they sang in the projects of a few music students they befriended when they just entered the school. Their names are Min Yoongi and Kim Namjoon. Min Yoongi specifically is someone with a big name around the school. He plays the piano beautifully. You tend to go into the music room more often when you've heard he's writing a new piece, because that means he'll be practicing more.

You look at the boys as they almost fail to dance normally out of exhaustion. That's one thing you don't like about them. You don't like how they work so hard that they sometimes break themselves down, but they need to do that in order to get better. You know that. But that doesn't make you hate seeing it less.

When the two of them sit down to rest, a smile forms on your face and you continue to walk to your first class. You'll see Jungkook again tomorrow to help him with some art project he struggles on. He specifically asked your help when he saw you in the music room listening to Yoongi who was playing.

You end up walking around your classroom to clean up the last things before leaving for the day. Though it was only two periods long, this was a very tiring day. These students are awesome, but so hyper. After last term's finals, they finally got enough sleep. The energy they have now in comparison to last week is huge. They just can't stop jumping around.
Someone knocks on the door to your office and you look up to see Jungkook standing there. He looks a bit hopeless and very, very tired. Also, he doesn't move. He just stares at the ground, seemingly waiting for me to speak first. It creates a weird tension in the air.
'Can I help you Jungkook?' He nods and steps into the classroom, closing and locking the door behind him. You bob your eyebrow in confusion.
'Jungkook, what's going on?' He finally looks up at you. You take a few steps back in surprise when you get a good look at his face. He looks like he has been crying for days and has been losing sleep for the same amount of time. You rush up to him when you've taken it in and lie your hands on his cheeks.
'Kookie, are you ok?' you ask worried. He shakes his head and takes your wrists, carefully lowering them so that your hands are no longer near him but hanging besides your body.
'I can't keep doing this anymore,' he tells you.
'What?'
'This,' he says and takes a step back. He seems frustrated, angry even.
'Jungkook, you'll have to explain what "this" is,' you tell him.
'This! Pretending like you are just my teacher while I fell in love with you,' he says angrily. Your eyes widen at his sudden confession.
'Jungkook, I am flattered, but as you said, I am your teacher,' you tell him as careful as you can, but he isn't having any of it. He grabs your wrists again and pulls you into him.
'Then tell me you don't like me back! Look me in the eyes and tell me you don't like me! Then I'll leave it,' he demands. Tears start to sting in your eyes when you realize you can't do that. Jungkook is an excellent student and has been sweet to you from the start, but you are his teacher damnit. You can't do this. You'll get fired, or worse, banned from teaching. A tear runs down your cheek as you realize what you have to do. Your eyes meet his.
'Jungkook,' you say with an unsteady voice, 'I... I don't... Jungkook, I don't like you.' He seems to shrink when you speak the words. He breaks down. He cries.
'You don't mean it. I can see it in your eyes. Why are you doing this?' he cries out. He's right. He's just a boy. Why are you hurting him like this? But at the same time, he's just a boy. He doesn't know what falling in love means. For all you know, you are just a small crush that he overexaggerated to himself. He doesn't love you. He's too inexperienced to know what love is.
'Because it's better for the both of us.'


4 years later


You walk into the Big Hit building as you were invited to design something for a band of theirs. After Jungkook stopped going to the school you worked at, you felt more guilt than ever before and decided to pour all of your being into work. You started your own business in designing whatever people wanted you to design and even had a few exhibitions of your artwork here and there. You were making a lot of money now and you were happy. Every once in a while, the thoughts of Jungkook crept back into your mind, but never stayed for long.

'Annyeonghaseyo,' you say politely at the front desk when the lady greets you, 'My name is Y/L/N Y/F/N. I am here to meet Bangtan Sonyeondan.' The lady nods and sends you through to the elevators, telling you to wait for someone to pick you up at the tenth floor. You do as you're told and are quickly picked up and send to a conference room where you meet someone who introduces himself as the manager of BTS. You two have a quick introduction and then he tells you to go meet the boys.

To be real honest, you didn't look into them. You prefer to go in with a blank mind when you meet clients. Pop had never really been your choice of music, so you had never heard of them. Well, of course you saw their names go around on the internet, but besides that. While you walk down the hallway, you can hear music. It gets louder every step you take. Are they practicing?

The manager goes in first and tells you to sit down next to the door until the song is done, after that you can make introductions. You nod and again, do as you're told. You look at the boys and start to notice some familiar movements. They make you think back of the time when you were still teaching. When you used to look at Jimin and Jungkook when they practiced. Jimin always looked smooth and sly like a fox, and Jungkook would move a bit more aggressive like a wolf.

And then it hits you.

It's them.


The door to the practice room opens just as we practice Spring Day. The group gets a bit distracted when it does, but they recatch themselves quickly and dance just as beautifully. Jungkook can't help but be curious about the visitor that sat down next to the door. She's a really beautiful woman to his opinion. Jimin also gets curious and takes a look while dancing. He sees her and realizes who she is right away and knows she knows when he sees the change in her eyes.
Jungkook doesn't catch on right away, but he is mesmerized by how she slowly moves from side to side with the music. It's as if she's completely absorbed. It looks so familiar. Where has he seen that before?
Yoongi also sneaks a look. The thing, though, with Yoongi is that he never forgets a face. He sees it right away. Namjoon does too. The song ends soon enough and Namjoon rushes up to the woman. He bows for her, grabs her hand and shakes it, all while praising her for the work she has done and is doing. Her cheeks start to get redder and redder with every compliment. Finally, Jimin manages to squeeze in.
'Long time no see teacher,' he says and bows for her. She giggles and ruffles his hair.
'You look good Jimin-ah. You're eating well, aren't you?' she asks. She was one of the only people who knew Jimin starved himself at school to keep his dancer body. He nods with the biggest smile.
'Can I hug you?' he asks, his eyes speaking more than a thousand words. He wants to thank her for encouraging him, even if she wasn't even his teacher. He wants to tell her how he has been doing thanks to her encouragement. His whole career is based around her trust in him.
'Of course,' she says and wraps her arms around Jimin. Behind the group is Jungkook who finally realized who she is with help from Yoongi. He is feeling a lot of things. Jealousy is one of them. He wants to be the one holding her, like he wanted to hold her back then. Now that Jungkook is more experienced in life, he realized that he was really in love back then, and he still is.
'Kookie,' she says with the biggest smile and pulls him into a hug too. When she does he whispers in her ear.
'Can we talk?'


'What'd you want to talk about Kookie?' you ask him innocently, but your cheeks are burning. What is happening to you? Four years should be long enough to forget about someone, but in this case it seems too short.
'You know what I want to talk about,' Jungkook says as he closes and locks the door to his little studio. Just like he did to the door to your classroom four years back.
'I think I do, but this is still a ty situation,' you try to explain to him. He shakes his head and puts his hands on your waist, pulling you into his chest.
'How is this still a bad situation? Neither of us will lose their jobs if we get together, neither of us will get in trouble,' he sums up.
'Jungkook, it's too much,' you tell him as you carefully push him away. 'You have your fans to think about. They won't like you dating a woman this much older than you. Especially not when they find out I was your teacher.' He pulls you closer again, putting a finger under your jaw to force you to look him in the eyes.
'Do I look like I care?' he asks before closing the distance between your lips. Needless to say, you didn't fight back. This is what you had been waiting for for so long. You had loved him all through these years, and though you still feel like things could go wrong real fast, for now you don't have a single care in the world. You push him away again with a smile on your lips.
'Then ask me what you've been wanting to ask.' He smirks.
'Will you be my girlfriend?'
'Yes.'