Good vs. Bad

BTS One Shots/Drabbles

'Morning sir,' Jungkook says to greet his boss politely as he steps into the police station in the early morning. Yesterday he finished the pile of paperwork on his desk and he's ready for a fresh start today.
'Morning agent Jeon. I need you to make an arrest as soon as possible,' he says and drops a file onto Jungkook's desk. Jungkook opens it curiously and feels his heart skip a beat when he reads the name of the person he has to arrest.

Kim Taehyung


A rave is normally not a place where you'd find Jeon Jungkook.
He'd much rather spend his night glued to his couch, reading or watching some drama on TV. But not tonight.
No, tonight is his birthday and his friend Jimin wanted to get him to a party so badly. He almost had to drag him over there and was willing to do so, until Jungkook reminded him he had a gun at home. Jimin knew he wouldn't shoot him, but it did give him a reason to take it easy. That, and the fact that Jimin probably couldn't drag Jungkook there even if he wanted to because of the difference in strength.
One of he reasons Jungkook didn't like to go to the clubs Jimin goes to is because they are mostly biual or gay clubs. Jungkook himself isn't quite sure about his uality, but he gets a lot of attention from both genders at these clubs and he doesn't really feel comfortable with it. Just like right now. One man has been staring him down all night without even trying to make a move. Dispite the man's icy stare, Jungkook tries to have a good time for the sake of his best friend who is already making out with a guy he has an on/off relationship with. Min Yoongi.
For Jimin, the evening is still young, but Jungkook has seen enough and tells him he is leaving. Jimin doesn't fight it, knowing that Jungkook has already stayed longer than he can endure. The two promise to meet soon and Jungkook walks out, breathing in the sharp night air when he finally gets outside. 
Fresh air, just what he needed.
'Hey pretty boy,' he hears from behind him. He turns around quickly and sees the man who has been staring him down for quite some time in the club.
'What do you want?' Jungkook asks a bit agressively, knowing that he can take the guy easily after looking him up and down quickly.
'Hey, don't get so agressive,' the man says as he takes a few steps closer, 'I just want to talk.'
Jungkook doesn't know why and how it happened, but it feels like that little scene only occured five minutes ago, while in reality he has been in the man's bedroom for hours now. The man he now knows as Taehyung, but will probably never meet again.
This saddens Jungkook a bit, considering this is the first time he felt at ease while being intimate with someone. Maybe he'll try to keep in contact. Maybe he'll try real hard.


'Are you okay Jungkook? You look a bit white,' the chief says concerned, 'maybe you should go home. You've had a lot of extra hours throughout the week. Get some rest and we can arrest the bastard tomorrow.'
'On what grounds are we arresting him?' Junkook asks.
'Murder, theft, and drug trafficing. The man has quite a file. In fact, he's one of the biggest mob bosses of Korea. It's a miracle we finally got enough evidence to arrest him,' the chief explains, sounding quite excited about the upcoming arrest. Jungkook nods and leaves mindlessly.
He walks the streets without really realizing what is going on. They figured him out. They figured Kim Taehyung out.


'Say Bunny,' Taehyung says, 'can I call you my boyfriend now?' Jungkook almost chokes on the apple he's been eating.
'Excuse me?' he coughs.
'We've been sharing quite a few nights and days. Would you like to make it official?' Taehyung asks. Jungkook takes a second to think about it, but already knows for sure. He just doesn't want to come off as too eager.
'Yeah, I'm fine with that,' he replies, trying to sound casual. Taehyung lets out a chuckle before turning serious again.
'Then you should know something about me,' he says and stares deeply in Junkook's eyes, 'I am a criminal.' Junkook looks at him in surprise, disbelieve almost.
'How? You don't seem like a criminal,' Jungkook says.
'There are more than one type of criminal,' Taehyung explains, 'I am a mob boss, a murderer, and a thief. If you can't live with that, please walk away now instead of turning me in. I know it's your duty since you're a cop and all but could you maybe-'
'I can live with it,' Jungkook says, cutting his boyfriend off mid-sentence. 'I can help you,' he says eagerly. A big smile spreads on Taehyung's face.
'Good boy.'


The streets feel too crowded to Jungkook.
He needs an open space to clear his head. Did he make a mistake? He should've sweeped Taehyung's file, taking out all the small clues that could lead to the man. And suddenly it strikes him. Taehyung needs to leave and he needs to leave fast.
Instead of walking, Junkook is now running. Running home, running to the man he loves, running to the criminal he loves. He reaches it after what seems like forever. He finds Taehyung in his study looking cold and icy as always.
'Tae, you need to leave right now. They figured you out,' Jungkook says inbetween deep, sharp breaths.
'I know,' he says awfully calm. Taehyung gets up from his chair with an icy look in his eyes. Jungkook is confused, still trying to catch his breath. All that is heard are Taehyung's footsteps coming closer to Jungkook and Jungkook's deep breathing. Taehyung grabs Jungkook's jaw roughly, frocing Jungkook to look up at him. 'You did something wrong bunny, didn't you?' This is what scares Junkook. He didn't do good in his lover's eyes. He did something bad, something he shouldn't have done. He forgot to make some evidence dissappear and he knows it.
'I'm so sorry Taehyung Hyung,' he says, scared of what is yet to come.
'Sorry doesn't cut it this time love,' Taehyung says and lets go of his jaw, walking back to his desk and sitting down on top of it. 'I am leaving tonight.'
'What about me?' Jungkook asks desperately. Taehyung smirks devilishly.
'You ain't going anywhere love,' he says.


'POLICE, OPEN THE DOOR!' No one answers. 5x.

The police barge through the door, expecting to find Taehyung and his crew, instead they find the young detective that hadn't come to work this morning. He's tied up, beat up, gagged, and looks more dead than alive. His chief runs towards him, taking the gag out of his mouth. Such an embarrasing scene.
'Did Taehyung do this to you?' he asks the young detective. Jungkook lets tears slip from his eyes and shakes his head. No, he would've wished it was Taehyung, but the orders did come from him. He let his men beat Jungkook up after he left to teach him a lession about being loyal, faithful, and trustworthy. They left a broken man behind. A broken man who was manipulated, he knows that now.
Taehyung didn't love him. He just used him to get his way.

Jungkook knows that now, but he wished he wouldn't have known. Because now the last few months of his live are suddenly worthless. They were divoted to a man that didn't love him, to the first man that he dared to give himself to completely. He spends his days crying away the pain. This goes on for weeks until he finally flips the switch. Back at work, he becomes the most feared detective in Korea. Criminals are scared of the cold way he works. When detective Jeon Jungkook is investigating you, you better just turn yourself in or get ready for the most cruel weeks of your life.
But on the other side of the world is a man with big regrets. A man who didn't realize he could fall in love and didn't realize he could get hurt so badly by leaving his love behine. But there's no turning back now. The deed is done. The damage is made. There is nothing he can do about it now, so he decides to try again. Restart the game, beginning at square one.

While Jeon Jungkook is making a name for himself, Kim Taehyung is building an empire and he is waiting for Jungkook to rule over it with him.