Chapter 3

Cave Him In [HoGyu]

Hoya's POV

"...Can you stop staring at me like that?" I asked as politely as I could.

"Like what?" He asked.

"Like I've committed some terrible crime." I replied.

"Maybe you have." He answered narrowing his eyes at me.

I know. You're wondering what's going on. Let's go back a bit to find out, shall we?

I was exiting the school when suddenly a cup of strawberry ice cream sprung in front of me just like yesterday. Following the arm, I found myself staring at SungGyu Hyung once again.

"Is this our thing?" I asked jokingly.

"We," Hyung replied pointing at both of us, "don't have any 'thing'. I just bought it 'cause I thought you'll be tired after cleaning the classroom."

"Then you should've come to help me clean up."

"Right. So you could leave me there to clean alone? No thanks. I'll just feed you."

"Feed me some real food then. Don't just show up with an ice cream." I said taking the cup from his hold.

SungGyu Hyung squinted his eyes at me. "Kids these days just don't know how to be grateful."

I ended up laughing because of the look he was giving me.

"Ya! Can't you take my words seriously!"

"How can I take you seriously Hyung when you're giving me that look. I told you, you look funny when you do that."

"I guess I won't take you to eat JjaJangMyeon then." He replied and started walking away.

My mouth started watering at the thought of getting to eat some JjaJangMyeon and I ran towards him.

"HYUNG!" I shouted latching onto his back.

"Ya! Get off! You're heavy!" Hyung exclaimed detaching my hold of him.

"Hyung. Let's go eat JjaJangMyeon." I grinned.

"Aren't you supposed to have a cold exterior? Why are you acting all cute and touchy all of a sudden?"

"I'm friends with anyone who buys me food." I answered grinning. "Though it's rare considering no one approaches me." I added as a second thought.

"That's because looking at you, someone won't really consider you approachable."

I huffed. "Let's just go eat."

SungGyu Hyung laughed and started walking again.

We were only able to walk for a foot when a voice called out Hyung's name, making us halt.

I turned around and saw a guy who's probably younger than me. He had those flower boy looks. He walked towards us, or more like, towards Hyung. It was like I was non-existent for him.

SungGyu Hyung cleared his throat. "Shouldn't you greet your elders."

"But I just greeted you." He answered looking confused.

Hyung sighed and gestured towards me.

The boy turned around and looked at me. So apparently I was right. He really didn't notice me.

"Who are you?" He asked me.

Calm down Hoya, don't get mad. He might be a brat but he's someone Hyung seems close to. Maybe his younger brother? They don't look alike though.

SungGyu Hyung hit him on the back of his head. "He's older than you."

"Hi, I'm Lee HoWon." I replied extending my hand.

"Kim MyungSoo." He nodded his head at me and turned towards Hyung. I retracted my hand back at my side.

I'm trying to keep my calm but it still pisses me off a bit as to how he ignored me.

"Where are you going Hyung?" He smiled.

"We were just... going to..." Hyung tried answering while looking at me.

"Yea?" He patiently waited for him to answer.

I don't want to do this but since he ignored me, I'll indulge myself this one time and get revenge.

"Hyung was taking me out to eat JjaJangMyeon." I replied with an innocent smile.

His head suddenly turned towards me. "What?" He then turned towards Hyung. "You didn't have time for me yesterday but you're going out to eat with him today?" He asked with a raised eyebrow.

Before Hyung can answer him I intervened. "Yesterday? Ah! When you came back to school with that ice cream bar for me? Hyung, if I knew you came back just for me then I would've spent more time with you."

"You ditched me yesterday for him?! How could you Hyung." He started making those sad puppy dog eyes.

Now, I might not like the guy but I know how to appreciate talent. And this kid has a talent of using his looks to get the things he wants. I can just tell.

"MyungSoo-Ya~" SungGyu Hyung said hugging him. "Don't be sad. I'll buy you some as well." He broke the hug and held his hand. "Let's go. I'll buy you anything you want to eat."

Suddenly MyungSoo's frown turned into a grin. "Yay! Let's go." He replied taking the lead and dragging Hyung with him.

And hence here I am, with MyungSoo sitting in front of me.

In my defense, I'm way more innocent than him. His whole demeanor changed once Hyung left the restaurant to buy him some ice cream as he wanted to eat some.

I can't even enjoy my noodles with him staring at me like that.

I put my chopsticks on the side and looked at him. "Listen. I don't know what you're talking about so it's better if you just say it outright. I'm not interested in going around in circles with you over whatever this is." I leaned back in my seat waiting for his reply.

At first, he kept staring at me but then finally opened his mouth to speak. "Fine. I'll ask straight out then." He also leaned back looking at me closely. "Do you like Hyung?"

"...What?" I asked confused as to what he meant.

He sighed. "Do you like Hyung? As in, romantically. Is that why you're sticking to him?"

...Do I like that small eyed Hyung? Sure, he's somewhat a good person. But romantically?

"No, I don't. And neither am I sticking myself to him. He's the one who approached me first." I replied to him. "Wait a minute," I added as an afterthought "is that why you were being rude to me this whole time? Do you like him?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

He laughed a bit. "Liked would be the right term. I'm glad you don't feel that way towards him. I'm sorry for being rude towards you earlier. He's really dense when it comes to sensing someone's feelings for him so it's up to me to make sure he isn't around a person who likes him since he already has someone who's special to him and adding someone in that equation won't do good to anyone."

"Someone special?" I asked somewhat hesitant. Somehow I didn't really want to know more about this person while at the same time I wanted to find out exactly who this person was to be special to Hyung.

"You can ask him if you want." He replied getting up.

"You're leaving?"

"Yea. My work is done here." He turned around to leave but then looked back at me. "Oh! And if Hyung asks, tell him that I left 'cause I'm still mad at him for ditching me yesterday. Bye!"

∞∞∞∞∞

After 5 minutes or so SungGyu Hyung entered the restaurant with a plastic bag in hand.

"Huh? Where did he go?" Hyung asked looking around for him.

"He said he's leaving because he's still mad at you for ditching him yesterday."

He sighed and sat down. "This wouldn't have happened if you kept quiet about it."

"He ignored me. I wanted revenge."

"Nevermind. Let's just eat." Hyung replied ordering more food.

∞∞∞∞∞

"This is a good way of digesting food." I reasoned with him.

I brought Hyung to a park to take a walk under the pretext of 'keeping yourself healthy'. Needless to say, he was ready to give up after 5 minutes.

"What if I don't want to part ways with the food I just ate literally 15 minutes ago." He huffed with a glare directed at me.

"Keep that up and one day your tummy will start bulging out." I taunted.

"Why did I even bother following you? I should've just taken the train and gone straight home." He tsked.

"Why? Such good weather, you should be enjoying it." I commented.

"Uh-huh." He replied offhandedly.

"Or perhaps," I stopped and turned to look at him "you'd prefer someone else's company over mine?" I asked. I don't know what I was trying to do here. Testing the waters perhaps?

He stopped and looked back at me. "Someone else?" He pondered.

"Yea, like someone special." Don't take this the wrong way. I don't like Hyung. There's no way I would like this small eyed, smart, sometimes mean, funny looking person who has a weird charm that can easily attract people towards him. Nope. Not even a bit. I'm just curious. Yea. That's just about it.

"That person wouldn't like this 'digest food after eating' thing. Though it would be different if you phrase it as those cheesy walks couples take in parks. That person is really cheesy. Even cheese balls aren't cheesy enough if compared. That person is sweet, caring, and is full of cuteness. Reminds me of a bunny." He replied with a fond smile and distant look on his face.

"Is that so?" It felt weird. No, I'm not hurt. Just a bit uncomfortable. Probably because of walking right after eating. I should've waited for 5 minutes to let my food go down properly.

"You two are like opposites of each other." He said.

"Trust me, I would know." I muttered back.

With me being a guy, I and that 'special someone' are as different as they come.

∞∞∞∞∞

MyungSoo's POV

"I see. So it was a guy this time." The person on the other end of the phone call hummed.

"Don't worry. Just like all the other times, I got rid of him as well. It wasn't hard considering he said he didn't have feelings for Hyung." I assured.

"Good job. But still keep an eye out for him, just to be sure."

"What about my reward?" I asked.

We had an agreement. Every time I successfully got rid of someone who was even remotely interested in SungGyu Hyung, I'll receive a 'reward'. The contents of this reward depend upon how long it took and how hard it was to get rid of that person.

"Check your e-mail in 15 minutes." He replied and the line went dead.