Return to present!

Between 2 Princes

It's been 6 months since his 8th brother and his woman wedded and his Father the King passed away. His Mother passed on shortly, it was a year of grieving for King So. He let Wook and Soo be happy, and knew Soo had a daughter with him, the child he eyed with hatred in his heart. He could have been this little girl's father. How he wished he were. But he wasn't, but he still could do one thing as Goryeo's new King, and it was to issue a royal decree for them to divorce. But, he thought it through, and thought that Soo, with her character, wasn't going to give in so easily. So he thought of another way to get her, one day he decreed, after emancipating the slaves and re-instating the nobles from the concquered people, that he'd kill his brother Wook and his child. It wasn't his idea, it was his Queen's. One day she came to him, and told him :

"She won't give in to you even if you decree for her to divorce him, she might want to run away with him, so you have to kill them both, my brother and their daughter."

"He's your brother, after all, and that's why I can't love you, because you're a bloodthirsty and power-hungry woman, how can you do this to your own brother?"

"I envy Soo, so that'll be my revenge against her."

"She's done nothing to you, why hate her so?"

"Because she took away my man's heart without giving hers in return, I don't wish to see you like this anymore. It's a sight I can't bear any longer, so please, your Majesty, issue your royal decree."

"Fine, I shall." answered he in a fatal tone.

Right after he decreed the killing of his brother and child, Hae Soo kneeled down in front of his palace to see him. But he wouldn't see her, and again, it was Yeon Hwa's idea, to make her wait. She kneeled for a day already, her knee hurting badly. He couldn't bear to see her like this any longer, so his Queen told him :

"Get to her, and make her yours."

So he went to her, still kneeling down in front of his palace, almost fainting with starvation. He told her :

"Please get up, Soo, your bad knee will get worse."

"Your Majesty, please spare my child and husband."

"I can't do that."

"If you want to, you can, your will is one with the Heavens'." answered she short of breath.

"Come, take my hand in yours, shall we have a walk together?" the King asked innocently.

"Yes, your Majesty, if you'll spare them, I'll go anywhere with you."

Thus they went on a walk together. They walked around the palace's gardens for awhile, neither of them speaking a word to one another, but the animosity from her intensely present.

"Please, I beg of you, if you love me at all, spare them, your Majesty."

"Don't speak of this just now, let me hold your hand in mine for just a moment." he pleaded with her.

She let him do whatever he wanted with her, without protesting. Finally, he spoke to her first :

"I can spare them if you wish, but you'll have to be my woman. You'll have to divorce your husband, and become my woman."

"Why, your Majesty, you know that by doing that, I'll only hate you more, right?" She replied faintly.

"I'd rather have your hate, than nothing at all, Soo. And if you don't agree, I'd kill them this instant."

"Fine, I'll become your woman, but please keep your word to me, your Majesty."

"I will, if you're by my side."

"Now, let me go bid an eternal farewell to my husband, and I'll come with you to become your woman."

Wook had been worried about his wife. "What if she didn't come back?" He thought. Relief was on his face when his saw his wife return :

"Soo, we're together again!"

"Wook, His Majesty agreed for us to bid farewell, but that's all. I'll go with him to his palace, to become his woman."

"No Soo, I'd rather die with you." he protested.

"He'd only kill you and our child, not me. So I did what I could to save you and our child. All I got to do is to be his woman."

"You can't do this to me, Soo, please."

"I have too, a royal palaquin is waiting for me." She said  ever-so calmly.

"How could you be so calm?"

"Stressing out isn't the solution for us, you'll have to live, and remember, wherever you are, if you have me in your soul, I'll be with you wherever I am."

"Soo, please, no. Don't do this to me."

"I have to go, farewell, Wook, forget me and find yourself another wife, live on happily for me."

Not wanting to hear anymore protest from her husband, she left his home, only to find palace maids and eunuchs with a royal palaquin, already waiting for her. It took awhile to get there. And they brought her first to the King's royal chambers :

"Soo, you're there." said His Majesty, holding her tightly.

"Your Majesty, you may do whatever you wish with me, but you'll never get my heart."

"I won't do this without your permission, this is how much I cherish you, my Soo."

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

2 years passed since she became his concubine. But nothing happened between them, as his Majesty always respected her wishes, not wanting her to hate him even more. Unknown to him though, was that she was devising a plan to return to the present with astronomer Ji Mong, asking him when there'd be another total solar eclipse. He answered her it'd be tonight. So she wrote the King, now her husband, a letter, telling him to come to her room tonight. As the King wasn't suspecting anymore fishy going on, he happily went into Soo's room, thinking she at last, relented. 

"Soo, you finally learnt how much I love you and want you and agreed to it, didn't you? he said firstly to her. She shook her head, telling him :

"There would be a total solar eclipse in a few minutes long, and if I swam through this royal bath, I will finally get back to where I belong."

"I don't get what you mean, Soo." replied he getting closer to her.

"Don't get any closer,  soon I will swim through the royal bath and I'll get back to where I belong. You see, you and I aren't from the same world. I came from another place."

"You're going to leave me?"

"Yes, your Majesty."

She saw that soon the complete solar eclipse would take place, she was preparing herself for it.

"Why can't you give me your heart as I did with mine so entirely?" he asked dashed.

"If I first met you, when I got there, I'd probably have, now learn to cherish what you have, which is your Queen and your royal Crown Prince."

In a slip of his eyes, she swam through the royal bath and got back to the present Korea. "What a relief", she thought. Now, she wanted to forget everything, even her daughter and first love, Wook. And left the king of Goryeo, broken-hearted, forever.