Two Marriage Proposals!

Between 2 Princes

It was just the day before the 9th day of the 9th month of the lunar calendar, it's been 2 months Prince So became Crown Prince, he didn't feel anything different, he still couldn't have Soo. He envied his 8th brother, he thought becoming Crown Prince would get him his woman's heart. But he didn't get it, although he married Yeon Hwa to get Soo jealous, except it didn't work out, as Soo truly was in love with her future husband, she didn't care about them and thought him happy with his newly wed. He spent his day working himself hard, as a Crown Prince, sleeping with his new wife from time to time, only to satisfy his ual desires, imagining it was Soo at her place. His heart was breaking, seeing them always happy together. A week later, his wife announced to him :

"I'm pregnant, my dear husband."

"Don't call me that, you know everytime I sleep with you, I'm imagining myself making love to Soo."

"I just don't understand you, why can't you let her go?"

"Because she's the first one who saw through my scar, you love me only for my power, right?"

"No, I love you."

"Don't deny it, you love me because I'm the Crown Prince."

"Fine, if that's how you'll see it, but don't forget, when you'll get to be King, you can make her entirely yours."

"I've enough of talking to you, ask the royal kitchen to make good dishes, and hot soups for our baby." The Crown Prince So said to satisfy her.

"All right, I'll do that." she answered and left.

On the 9th day of the 9th Month of the Lunar Calendar

It was now the morning of the 9th day of the 9th month of the lunar calendar.  Hae Soo didn't get prepared for that day. She was in for 2 things. One she knew of, but the other came as a shocker to her. She didn't know the actual Crown Prince, also a husband, planned to propose to her. It was a festive day, all the princes and the nobles of the court came to celebrate it. All but Hae Soo, she was the only one having fear in her heart  on that day, fearing what's coming up. His Majesty was sitting majesticly on his throne, in one of the palace's gardens, and issueing rewards to firstly, the Ministers, secondly the Nobles of the court, lastly, the Royals.

"Now, I'll ask the Crown Prince So what he wants as a reward, for supporting me as his King. Crown Prince So, for clearing up the deposed Crown Prince's, your brother's involvement with his in-laws, I'll give you whatever you want for life." thus announced his Majesty.

"All I want is Hae Soo, please give her to me as my 2nd wife." asked he for reward on that day.

"For that I can't give you, she's her own person after all." replied the King.

The 8th prince Wook stepped in just on time, with his own asking for his reward.

"Your Majesty, Lady Soo and I have agreed to marry each other already, he's doing this because of his selfishness, you can't let such a man be the Crown Prince."

"8th prince, it's not your turn yet to ask for a reward, but it's interesting, you say yourself and the lady already are engaged to each other?"

"Yes, your Majesty." said both Wook and Hae Soo in unison. 

"Lady Hae, which prince do you wish to marry, as both of them asked for you?"

"I wish to marry the 8th prince Wook, your Majesty."

"The Lady's opinion is clear, Crown Prince So, she'll be your 8th brother's wife." decreed the King wisely.

"Thank you for your royal justice." answered the engaged couple.

Crown Prince So was crushed, what he feared came true, his beloved was to become his 8th brother's wife. His heart was forever broken. But he vowed to avenge himself when he'll become King. "When I'll get to be King..." he was thinking hard.

As his 8th brother's and Lady Hae Soo's wedding followed suit, he couldn't bring himself to attend. But when everyone departed, he went to the 8th prince's residence, and heard soft murmurs of love making in their room with lights off. He knew what they were doing in their room. His heart sank and he wished he were at his 8th brother's place.