Watching them being happy

Between 2 Princes

Soo was with Wook, laughing. But as she was laughing, it was merely a half-laugh, because she still could see So's haunting look in her mind, coulnd't take it off her thoughts. As she was lost in her thoughts, her future husband Wook asked her :

"What are you thinking of?"

"I'm thinking of us, our marriage." She lied to him.

"I can tell when you're lying, so please tell me the truth this time." He wasn't to be fooled by her obvious lie, he knew she was trying to hide her real thoughts from him.

"I'm afraid if you knew, you'd get hurt."

"I'm not going to be, so please put your mind at ease and tell me truthfully what you're thinking of right now."

"Right then, I'm thinking about So's look, when he looked at me after he found out about my answer to your marriage proposal, my whole heart felt torn in half, there was so much hurt and pain in his eyes, I couldn't bear seeing him like that. I'm blaming myself for it now." She said crying a bucket.

"It wasn't your fault, and his feelings are entirely one-sided." he comforted her.

"Thank you, my love. I feel relieved."

Soo passed some happy days with her future husband, not knowing Prince So was always eyeing her from afar with that same look that haunted her in her dreams even. He felt betrayed by the only one he loved so passionately, thinking : "How could she do this to me? Marrying another man?" Because from this day on, Soo felt relief and happiness with her future husband, Wook. The happiness that Prince So himself couldn't give her.

One fateful day, he was eyeing her and Wook just spending a lovely afternoon together, Yeon Hwa went to him, saying to him :

"Now you know she's my brother's, you can never have her."

"Are you there to look at my misery?" he said to her in anguish.

"Why are you putting yourself in such a situation? You know she belongs to another, you can now freely love another woman."

"You don't mean yourself, do you?" asked So with a scornful laugh.

"Even now, you can't even have me in your heart? You can't ever throw her away from your heart and let me in it?" asked Yeon Hwa, with drops of tears almost falling from the corner of her eyes.

"If you can tell me how to get Soo's heart, I might consider it."

"Soo again, why her and not me?"

"Funny, I asked her the question about your brother, she avoided it. But I'll tell you one thing about me, I'm loyal to the one I love, I considered her mine on the day you tried to beat her up."

"Even if she doesn't love you back?" asked the noble princess desperately.

"Yes, I'll love her till my life ends, that's how I am."

"If I tell you how to get her heart, will you consider me?"

"Perhaps, perhaps not."

"Then it's useless for me to tell you my plans." answered she.

"Tell me anyways, I might change my mind."

"If you got to be King, then you will get everything you desire, every woman will flock to you."

"Really?"

"Yes really, I'm telling you the truth, that's why everyone wants that seat so much."

"But if I make you King, then you'll make me your Queen."

"So, if I become King, I can have her too?"

"Do you need me to repeat it to you once more?" asked an irritated Yeon Hwa.

"Now, let me tell you of our plans, we've discovered that the Crown Prince himself got involved into his in-laws' corruption, and Wook and I have evidence of that, all you need to do is to show his Majesty these documents, and ask that he deposes him." She told him, handing him over aforementioned documents.

"Why would you need me to do it?"

"Because all I want is you." said she earnestly to him.

"Why? When I have a scar on my face?"

"I don't care, I just love you."

"You foolish woman, you know that when I make you my Queen, I'm never going to be yours?"

"All that matters to me, is that you get out from your misery, and all that your heart desires."

"If what you say is true about the Crown Prince and if after I become King, I can make Hae Soo mine, I will do as you wish."

"Yes, I can assure you, you'll get her heart. You can order by a royal decree for them to divorce, and get her all for yourself."

"Then I'll do everything you ask me."