LUNA: The Girl With Purple Hair

(HIATUS) The Romance of Chasing: The End of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The Girl With Purple Hair

 

I don’t know where did your guts to call me at this hour but see you later. Then I dropped the call after the caller says her sarcastic apologies.

“I’m going to kill this brat. I swear.” I tossed my phone at the table beside my bed and tried to get back on my interrupted sleep.

It’s only 3 in the morning and I just decided to take a rest at 2am. The call came from the company that I am working and the brat, who is in-charge of informing everyone with their duties, disturbed my dearly dream to tell that I should be at the office later.

I know that it was her job. However, to the fact that she called where everyone’s asleep, she just gave me a reason to give her commands more than she deserves.

“Damn! I cannot get back to sleep!” I shouted right after I sat on my bed. “I’m going to kill her! I swear to the grim reaper on duty right now! I swear!”

 

“IM LUNA!”

I jolted on my bed when the door of my room swung open by the last person that I want to see at this rate.

“Would you please stop cat fighting with yourself? We all need to have good sleep for God’s sake!” He complained while trying to open his eyes widely. However, he got heavy eyelids because of restlessness.

“Please shut the door after you leave?” I ignored his nitpick and covered up my whole body with the bed sheet. “Seeing you give me an urge to punch someone right now.”

“Just keep quiet! If I hear your voice again, I’m the one who’s going to kill you. And I swear it to the grim reaper on duty like what you’ve said!” Then he slammed the door.

“That ty Ray.” I cursed on my breath and looked at the view of the night sky on my window.

 

I can clearly see the moon on its Waning Crescent phase.  When the moon is on this phase, the illuminated part of it is just partly and less than a half of it.

This is my favorite period of the moon. Though it gleams less, people can still see its beauty when they look up.

I am Luna.  My mother said I was born at night where the Waning Crescent Moon ascended. My parents had fascination with something that they can see up in the sky. It reminded them the old times where they sneaked out of their curfew hours just to see each other.

However, like how the moon changes, their lovetoo changed until it outgrown.

I was at the middle school when they finally decided to divorce. My brother and I opposed to their decision. However, they did not listen to us.

They are now living on their own and enjoying the freedom that they attained after the break up.

I keep on asking my parents on how they became apart. Both of them are quiet about it. I’m still waiting for their answer until at this age.

I feel that it has something to do with the accident that I got involved with my brother. But, we are both alive now? So, why they still split up?

 

As of now, I am renting at the apartment where I am the only girl out of the five people living here. My parents don’t mind that we decided to live away from them. It was a better decision than to chose to the two of them.

I am now working as a freelance video editor of this astounding TV network. I am only getting paid whenever they call me but…

They call me almost every day that’s why I don’t have any financial problem right now. I also have other means of living. Sometimes it is good but mostly, not.

I am a hacker.

I am more paid that my usual stuff by hacking some systems. This job is only out of favors. However, I need to get paid. Because ruining someone’s life or business is not worthy to be free.

 

“Moony.”

I am now pouring a brewed coffee on my cup when someone called my attention. It’s Woozi. The youngest among the 5 people here in our apartment. He got used to call me ‘Moony’, the nickname came from the ‘Moon’, which is literally another word for Luna.

“Yup?”

“Are you troubled last night? We were all up when we heard your holler.” He got his own cup from the sink and poured coffee.

I felt embarrassed to what happened a while ago. So, they were all up last night? And Ray was the only one who bothered to look up to me?

“Oh…I’m sorry.”

He shook his head and walked towards our dining table. I followed him to get my breakfast. At the table, the two of my roommates were already munching their food. When they saw me, one was laughing and the other one was glaring at me.

“Ray, stop looking at me like that or else I’m going to kill you.” He smirked before he continued eating his food.

“I’m not in the mood too, lunatic. You ruined our sleep last night.”

“Don’t-“ I stopped talking when Xin came and put the eggs that he cooked, on our plates. He is the eldest among us and the responsible one to our every day consumption of food.

“Don’t fight please? I lost some decent sleep and all I want right now is to eat this meal with a peaceful ambiance.

I apologized and started digging the dish on my plate. Gosh, did I really disturb them that hard?

“Maybe Luna has a reason and she is going to explain it right now?” Aiden exclaimed. This is the guy who is smiling beside Ray.

When everyone was settled at the dining table, I started talking. “I’m sorry. I also lost a decent sleep by a phone call.”

“It was a better reason than Ray’s every night of apologizing and sweet talks over the phone.” Woozi confessed.

“Shut up, kid.” Ray glared at Woozi. But the kid just gestured a gun sign and shoot him. “Hey!” He stood up to pick up a fight.

I threw a piece of rice to Ray that’s why his gaze moved to me. “Stop. Just sit. Don’t every lay a finger to Woozi.” I put my right arm to Woozi and pulled him closer.

“Why, lunatic huh?” Do you want to get a fight with me instead huh?”

“I don’t want my brother to get hurt by a gangster.”

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?” He shouted. I want to roll on the floor while laughing because his facial expression changed.

“Stop it, Ray.” Aiden pulled him down to his chair and slapped a piece of bread to his mouth. “Just ing eat, Ray. Just eat.”

“These kids.” Xin exhaustedly said before he yawned.

“I’m sorry, Xin. I hope this will not affect your work today.” I apologized again and he just ruffled my hair.

“It’s okay, Luna. Woozi is right. You had a better reason than Ray.”

 

Aiden gave us a ride to our destinations. He doesn’t work. He spends most of his days playing computer games and that is also one of the reasons why we can ask favors to him. On our way to work, Ray still cannot get over to what happened back then. He is still full of anger especially whenever Woozi is fighting back. On the other hand, Xin who sat between the raging bulls, trying his best to calm them down. However, after a few attempts, he joined their brawl.

“Though Xin tried his best to cool down, he still failed.” All of this happened because we all had a bad night. And it was because of me.

“I’m sorry, Aiden.”

“I was up all night. Why do you have to apologize?” He took a glance at me and then laughed. “That’s the problem with people with responsibilities.”

“Well, at least you are not affected like them.” I smiled.

“Yeah but sleep is important, Luna. Are you okay? I hope you still get enough sleep after that phone call.” He held my hand and looked at me with sincerity. We just stopped at Woozi’s university but no one noticed because the three kids at the back are still fighting.

He slowly tugged his hand and put it back at the steering wheel. “Woozi.”

Xin, Ray and Woozi froze when they heard Aiden’s serious tone of voice. At first, Woozi wondered why Aiden called him until he looked at the window.

“Ow, I need to go.” He hurriedly put his backpack and reached for me. He ruffled my hair before he opened the car door. “Bye, everyone. Bye, Moony. See you later, my dear sister.”

“See you later my face, Woozi!” Ray barked at Woozi when he rolled down the car window. Woozi gave him another bang sign and shoot Ray before he continued walking in the direction of the university. “I’m going to kill you!” He rolled up the car window and once he got settled, “That kid was born with evil rituals. I would never be surprised if one of these days he is going to sell our souls to their god.”

Aiden started the engine and we are now tracking my destination.

“You know what, Ray? I love the idea of having Woozi closer to hell. At least I can easily give you to the grim reaper.” I teased where Aiden and Xin laughed.

“Shut up, Lunatic. You better go with Woozi to hell.”

“Of course, Woozi is my dear brother for your information.” I argued.

“Stop usin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter