CHASE: The Boy Who Got Hacked

(HIATUS) The Romance of Chasing: The End of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The Boy Who Got Hacked

Chase Park I JUST DATED MY EXES FOR FUN. I NEVER LOVED ANYONE FROM THEM. SORRY GIRLS BUT THANK YOU FOR WASTING MY TIME.

Chase Park I AM FREE TONIGHT. WHO’S WILLING TO HAVE A ONE NIGHT STAND WITH ME?

Chase Park I HATE BORING GIRLS. THOSE NERDY FREAKS? JUST GO AWAY.

Chase Park Ow…BY THE WAY IT’S MY BIRTHDAY. I CAN PAY ANYONE IF THEY NEED MONEY. JUST HAVE A ONE NIGHT STAND WITH ME.

 

My account keeps on updating with nasty statuses in front of me. It is under control of someone and that is not me.

I cannot do anything else aside from watching how my hacker ruining my reputation.

Some of my followers believe that I cannot do this. However, most of them thinks that I finally reveal my true personality. Rude, arrogant and selfish.

 

Happy Birthday, Chase.

 

Today is suppose to be special and I should be celebrating with my friends. I should be happy. I should glorify for being born as Chase Park. “What I’ve done wrong?”

I asked myself. I leaned back to my swivel chair and massaged my temple. “What I’ve done wrong?” I asked again.

I am spending most of my years living on my own. I'm a traveler. This is how I live. This is how I have fun.

This way of living was in opposition to the willingness of my parents. Well, the fact that I finished an Engineering degree, they expected me to get a job which is related to it.

However, for me, finishing a degree doesn’t make me already a licensed Engineer. I just took it out of their favor.

Now, that I am done with my studies, I want to live on the way I wanted.

 

 

“Hey, are you insane? Why would you be so bad on your birthday? What is your agenda now? Rebelling on my 26th birthday?” I sighed when I heard the irritating voice of Chaeri, my sister.

“Just leave me alone.” I exhaustedly said after I gestured her to go without looking at her direction.

“Well, I am not here to annoy you but to give you a present.” I put both of my feet at the wall before I pushed my swivel chair towards Chaeri. She gave me a blue wrapped medium sized box without moving away from leaning on the side of the door. “Happy Birthday my always-missing-in-action-brother.”

“Thank you my forever-annoying-sister.” I harshly pulled her for a hug while I am still sitting on my chair.

“Gosh, don’t hug me. It disgusts me.” She pushed me and fixed her hair. “It was delivered yesterday. From Dad.”

“Ow…really? He remembered? That’s impossible.”

“Actually, I reminded him.”

“Why did you do that!”

“For my sake. He also gave me allowance or let’s say advance birthday gift?” Then she showed me the money that my father gave to her. “I’m still going to ask him for another gift on my real birthday. This is not enough.”

“Where is my money?”

She shook her head. “Nah, what I gave to you? That is only Dad’s gift.”

“How about yours? Where’s your gift for me?”

“My gift is my greeting. That’s enough.” She clicked her tongue before she waved her hand for a goodbye. “Buy a pizza okay? I guess you can buy it in full speed starting today. Happy Birthday! I’ll be back later!”

“You’re talking nonsense…Yah! Where are you going?”  But she just said goodbye again.

 

 

I was 15 when my parents got separated. No third parties involved. They just both fell out of love after they gave birth to my sister. My father has already a new and healthy family. He was currently living in China.

My sister and I left on my mother’s side. If you thought that she was lonely, you were all wrong.

She is in a 5-year relationship with John Smith, an American business owner of minimart, which a few blocks away from our house.

 

Chaeri doesn’t know what hatred is. She never witnessed how my parents had arguments. She never saw them falling apart on those times. All she knows are the moments that she is living now.

She doesn’t care even if they broke up because she thinks they are still in good terms.

She doesn’t care if we have siblings from our father’s second family.

She doesn’t care if they talk or not as long as they are giving her allowance.

There are lots of reasons why I don’t want to live away from my family and one of it is Chaeri. She is still a teenager and she still needs guidance. A strict guidance especially if you are hearing some of the boys on your streets, having admirations, to Chaeri. She is so precious to me to the point where I am afraid for her to feel the pain once she gets in love.

 

Opening a gift should be exciting but whenever it comes from my Dad, it is always frustrating. He still keeps on convincing me to look for a job related to engineering. That’s why his gifts are always associated to it. However, this time, I am surprise. 

One, is the latest DSLR camera and two, a car key. “What the?”

What Chaeri said a while ago suddenly popped up. “So, I’m not going to use Mom’s car? I have my own car now?” I looked again to the box to make sure if there is something more. I picked on the letter and read.

 

Enjoy your life while you still can. Happy Birthday, son!

 

I immediately run to our garage to see my damn brand new red car. I never think that my Dad will give me this kind of present. I think I’m going to lose my mind right now.

I go back to my room and call my friends to prepare. My car deserves its first freaking road trip. I don’t mind if my account will explode right now. I’ll deal with it later.

 

 

“Damn, bro. You got a nice baby here.” Z said while looking at every parts of my car.

“I don’t know what happened to my father but I like him right now.” I said while tapping on Z’s phone. I am using his account to message the hacker. I need to ask him to stop. “Thanks, bro. Tell me if the hacker replies.” Then I give back his phone.

“If my parents did this, I will definitely hug them and be thankful that they are my parents.”

 

Zachary Kim or what he prefers us to call him as ‘Z’ is my best friend. We’ve already known each other since college.

We did not take up the same course. We just became friends when he needed to retake one of his Math subjects. The university advised him to enroll this subject on our department because i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter