CHASE: The Start

(HIATUS) The Romance of Chasing: The End of Us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

C H A S E

The Start

Everyone wants to be loved but few are willing to stay.

 

One week already passed but Z and I still have hangovers with our unusual meeting with Luna. She is still on our minds. Whenever Z and I meet for a quick catch up to our everyday slow pacing life, she is one of our topics.

We cannot get over like how my hacker still ruining my life. I already made a new account and asked Z to protect it so that no one can hack me again. I apologized and asked the people around me to stop believing whatever my hacker posted on my account. I also informed my clients about this hacker because I do not want this to become the reason of untrusting me with their blogs. The job that I only have right now.

“Tell me, does she really exist? Why does she have to be that beautiful? I mean, she’s different. Yuna,, Sul Hee and Luna’s friend were also gorgeous that time but her? Just why?” That’s the sole concern of Z. He got head over heels with Luna all of a sudden.

While me? I am still thinking how I am going to apologize. I felt so embarrassed for taking Sul Hee’s side. This is the problem with me; I am always blinded with the truths.

We are now having a movie marathon at Xian’s house. We decided to meet as often as much as possible before the start of Xian’s new project. Yuna also has a project to work on and she is now rushing the new look of my website. Z and I don’t have any problem like this. I’m a freelance travel blogger and Z works at Business Company nearby the city as an IT Personnel.

“It’s already been a week since we met Luna. I hope you know how to move on Z. We are not going to meet them anymore.” Yuna exclaimed while creating graphic designs on her laptop.

“Yuna, she’s something and besides I’m not the only one who cannot get over with Luna. I’m not the only one who is talking about her up until now.”

Yuna looked at Xian but he just shrugged his shoulder. Her gaze shifted on me. “I’m quite sure that it is not me even if I had a little girl crush on her.”

“I just want to apologize.” I confessed. “I insulted her in a wrong instance.”

“At first, I also thought that she was defending her boyfriend that turned out to be her twin.” Xian took the remote control at the center table and lowered the volume of the TV. “I just knew that they were telling the truth when she started talking. The way her concerning eyes looked at her brother, her friend nagged Luna’s twin in a low voice and the guy’s way of telling her to stop. Everything was true.”

I never noticed those Xian’s observations. That time, all I wanted was to defend Sul Hee because I thought she was right. I hope to meet Luna again…to formally apologize to her.

“I still want to meet her and ask her if we can date.” Z said and looked at his phone. “I cannot enter the system of her account. She is in full security like how I secured mine.”

“What? Did you even try to hack her?” Yuna asked and gave Z a disappointed look.

“I just want to see and know her stuff. I cannot add her because first, she might not follow me back and second, do you think she still likes to meet us after what your cousin done to them?”

“It’s Sul Hee, not me.”

“Both of you are crazy. Remember in college? When someone had a crush on Chase? You talked to that girl and you-

“Z, stop it.” I interrupted when I saw Yuna’s reaction. She was shocked that Z suddenly brought up an incident from our past relationship. “They are different. Yuna is far away different from Sul Hee.”

“Okay. Well, I’m sorry Yuna.” He apologized and continued watching the movie.

“Guys, I have an important thing to do. I need to go first.” Yuna packed her things and stood up. I don’t know if she really has an appointment or she got hurt by Z. I felt a little guilty that’s why I told her that I can give her a ride.

“Do you need more beers?” I asked Xian and Z. They nodded and asked me to buy some snacks too. “I’ll just drop Yuna to her destination and I’ll be back.”

 

The ride is quite. Yuna is looking at the window. I am wondering what is on her mind. Sometimes, Z should plaster his mouth so that he will never bring something up from the past.

Yuna was a great girlfriend. And when I say great, she really was. I never felt that I should be the one to do all the things for our relationship. My sister Chaeri even liked her because whenever our mother cannot pick her up at school, Yuna was the one doing it. She did not only take care of me but also to the people around me.

We were both in love that led us sometimes to do stupid things. Things that you will never thought that we can do for love especially when we jealousy came. We did not allow anyone to ruin our relationship. We knew how to avoid any circumstances that may became the reason of our fight. However, our introverted relationship did not last.

My dream of having someone for forever suddenly crashed when she gave up. We broke up after 2 months.  I thought she was the one but like my other exes, we split with the same reason and exact words, ‘I’m sorry. I don’t think that we can still work this out.’

“Yuna, I’m sorry to what Z-

“Don’t be sorry, Chase. Maybe he was right, I was like Sul Hee. I’ve done it because I am crazy in love with you. I am.”

“But he should not…wait, what did you say?” She looked at me but I cannot turn to her because I’m focused on my driving. I know I heard it right. There’s a present tense on her words. Is she still in love with me?

“I mean before. I was in love with you. I am sorry for confusing you.”

“Yuna? May I ask you something?”

“What?”

“Have you ever felt like coming back to me after our break up?” She never removed her stares at me. I parked the car near our destination and I looked back at her. “We ended our relationship immaturely. I still feel like that was not the real end of us, Yuna. So tell me, do you regret that we broke up?”

She did not answer. She removed the seat belt and tried to open the door but I locked it again. I want her answer now. Do I have to stop thinking that she is my gre

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter