Chapter 6

Heartrap
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After June arrived home, he expected to be greeted by the sight of water all over the floor again, but to his surprise his precious parquet was dry and everything was quiet.
‘Jinhwan must be still sleeping’ June thought.
He headed into the kitchen to put away the groceries. The fridge looked now much better than before, actually June has never seen his fridge this full. After he managed to put everything away, he took a peak in the bedroom. Jinhwan was wrapped into a cocoon of sheets, only his eyes with a little part under and above was visible. June needed to confess he enjoyed watching Jinhwan sleeping peacefully a little too much. The fierce waves of protectiveness that rushed over June as he looked at Jinhwan with his eyes closed and the calming sound of the smaller’s breathing made him let out a loud sigh, when he remembered Jinhwan will be gone after a few more days.

June tip-toed around the bed to get a better look at Jinhwan face before bending down to brush Jinhwan’s hair out of his eyes, carefully not wanting to wake him up. While doing this the younger noticed a mole on the older’s right cheek, right under his eye, it was tiny, perfectly heart-shaped and unbearably cute. At this discovery, June wanted to find all the beauty spots on Jinhwan’s small body and to explore all the secret places of the older’s skin he hasn’t seen yet. He reached out his hand to let his thumb rub over the mole on Jinhwan’s cheek, but pulled away just before he would be able to touch his skin. It wasn’t right, it didn’t feel right, but it was hard to hold back, his sleeping face was just beautiful and June felt like he needed to touch it, just gently to brush his fingers across the skin under his eye or maybe to place his own lips on Jinhwan’s, which looked so soft and inviting. But he restrained himself, like so many times before.

Back in the kitchen June wanted to start preparing lunch, there was only one problem: June had no idea how to cook. Sure, he made pancakes in the morning (which weren’t really edible either), but doing more than just putting everything in a bowl and mixing it, requested a lot more of June than he thought he was capable of doing. He was so screwed. Hoping he won’t set off the fire alarm and cause the entire building to evacuate and embarrass himself in front of Jinhwan, he rolled up the sleeves on his sweater, took out a few ingredients from the fridge and started cooking, testing his luck to the maximum.

By the time he finished making the food (luckily without any incidents), he turned the stove off and heard a door open. June turned around and found Jinhwan in the doorway, rubbing his eyes and yawning widely. June needed to swallow the urge to rush to him and kiss him right there. He couldn’t understand why the older gets under his skin so much. Why everything about him was irresistible and endearing.

They sat down and started to eat the unflattering pasta June cooked, it screamed that the person who made it couldn’t cook. June watched as Jinhwan took his first bite, his eyes widened a bit before disappearing into crescents, while he was chewing the food.
“Is it good?” June asked and Jinhwan turned his head to the side to look at him and nodded eagerly. Dubiously June took a bite too, and to his surprise the pasta really wasn’t that bad. They kept eating in silence before June noticed there’s a little sauce on the corner of Jinhwan’s mouth. He froze, not knowing what to do as his pulse got up. After thinking about it for a few seconds and letting his mind create all possible fantasies about Jinhwan, June would never let slip past his lips, he grabbed a napkin, leaned over the table with his heart still thudding embarrassingly loud and wiped the sauce on the corner of Jinhwasn’s mouth. Jinhwan giggled a bit at June’s red face and the younger felt his heart skip a whole beat at the sound of the smaller’s laugh.

They spend the day mostly comfortably watching TV on the couch – or more Jinhwan watched TV and June watched Jinhwan. June couldn’t remember when was the last time he felt so attracted to someone, perhaps it was because he was it never. Suddenly he remembered something, stood up and took ice-cubes from the freezer, wrapped them in a clean cloth, before he made his way back to Jinhwan. The older automatically took his shirt off, causing June to blush a little before he collected himself again and sat down beside Jinhwan. June looked at the bruises on the olders’s ribs, they were still very visible, but the yellowish-green color told June they healed a lot already.

“It looks like your bruises are getting better really fast hyung,” June mentioned before he put the cloth with ice-cubes on Jinhwan’s skin. “I think a few days more and they will fade away completely.”
Jinhwan was starting to bite the inside of his mouth at this, before he let out a small whine while looking up at June.

“But it’s still hurts a lot,” Jinhwan said, pouting a little.

“It won’t hurt for long anymore,” June replied, trying to soothe the older.

“I don’t think so,” Jinhwan protested.

“You don’t think so?” June frowned confused and looked at the smaller, but his question was left unanswered as Jinhwan shoved his hand away with force and sa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter