Chapter 1

Heartrap
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was strange for June how his childhood felt like forever, then suddenly he woke up one morning and realized it’s over and he’s almost a 21 years old adult. Time has passed so fast and he couldn’t achieve any of his goals he made as a child for the future. The more he looked at himself, the more he realized he’s like an empty body without any hopes or dreams.

The job he had in the office was not bad. It was well paid and his work colleagues were much nicer to him than he was to them. He thought he shouldn’t complain. He had it much better than a lot of people out there.

His love-life was just like his happiness: nonexistent. Whenever he started a relationship something made him go away. Sometimes it was just a simple thought when he walked at evenings home from work and saw all the good-looking people having fun and laughing like they don’t know about the bad things that are happening in the world. They seemed so much happier than himself and so much more beautiful than the person who he was in a relationship with. It was just a simple thought: Why keeping what I have if I can have this?

It was funny to him how the dating process worked well until he found someone new. Someone better and more beautiful than his last one. He tried to find some kind of hope to hold onto and not repeat what he was doing already his whole life. But at some point, he realized he’s wasting his time and energy on someone that doesn’t make him happy and never will. He ended up avoiding everything that has to do with love.

There were so many days when he felt as if someone was slapping him when he tried to force a smile. Then, there were days when he had the feeling like it’s getting better, he’s getting happier with what he has. There were nights when he couldn’t sleep and these nights were the worst because the reality hit him: it was not better at all, he was just getting used to it more and more. Those were the moments when he felt tears streaming down his face. The pain in his heart started to hurt physically. He felt alone.

If it’s meant to be, it will find a way, he thought as he was going home from work, like every evening during the week, observing things around him. There were trees on the side of the street. It was the beginning of fall and the leaves were slowly changing their colors. June noticed how every day he was passing by, there were a few new leaves that changed their colors. It was a slow process and if June wouldn’t pay so much attention he would probably not notice it until the three crowns were all in warm colors. Even if he would have chosen not to watch how the fall is coloring them it would have happened without him seeing it.

On the green leaves were the water drops more noticeable than on the brown and yellow ones. It was raining again, already the third time this week and it made June’s mood even worse than it usually was.

If there is one thing that June hates, it’s water. The wet feeling on his skin reminds him of one of his worst memories that he’s still not able to forget. He remembers it so well. His mouth full of salt water, his muffled screams in hope someone would help him, his fear he will never get to see his loved ones again. He also remembers the small childlike hands, which pulled him out of water. When he opened his eyes he looked at an angel-like being. June couldn’t remember the person’s face anymore, all he remembered about the person who saved his life was that it was the most beautiful being, he has seen in his whole life.

"Good thing I brought an umbrella with me," he praised himself before he turned into the small street where his apartment was. Suddenly something attracted his attention. June needed to check it twice to be sure he sees right. There was someone dancing in the rain.

The boy couldn’t be older than 20 by his appearance. His eyes reflected the water puddle on the hard concrete he danced in, his skin was wet and glittery from the rain, his smile pure and i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter