~15~

Sharing the Spotlight

The show continued on. It was long, but impressive. I enjoyed seeing all of the performances, especially live like this. It brought the reality back, we actually made it here. BTS’s show was amazing too. I got to see Fire again but this time was much more hyped and showy. We congratulated them the same way they did to us earlier. And as much as I could feel his stare piercing into me, I still avoided Jimin’s eyes.

When the awards finally came, the unexpected happened. I never would have thought to hear our name come after the announcement for the Female Dance Award. I turned my head sharply over to Yejin at the other end with wide eyes. She was surprised too but started smiling hugely. As our leader, I expected her to do something, stand up first maybe, but all she did was nod to me. She wanted me to lead us on as the dance leader. I stood up shakily and my groupmates followed as I led us to the stage. I was having trouble even smiling because I was still in shock. This was the biggest award we have gotten. Yet by the time we made it to the stage I had one of the hugest grins on my face ever. Our hard work paid off.

I accepted the trophy and then handed it to Yejin, she was smiling like crazy too. She gave a slight motion with her head for me to take the mic. I probably stood there in front of it gaping for a whole minute, trying to pull the courage out to say something. I was looking around, staring at the massive audience and I the first thing I managed to utter out was “wow…” They responded with cheers and I just laughed. “I can’t believe we won this…” I bet Yejin was cringing horribly at my speech skills. “Thank you so much!” Then I thanked our fan base. “We wouldn’t be anywhere without you guys, we love you!!” I got more cheers. “We will continue to work harder!” I stepped away from the mic and Eunji handed me the award again as Yejin stepped up. As the leader she was much better at these things so she completed the speech.

We walked back down smiling. All the heaviness from stress I felt this morning was completely gone. I felt light as feather. Ready to float off the world.

The next while passed by quickly, handing the award over in the back, making our way back to our seats, and most of the awards presented after that. When the Album of the Year award was announced and we heard the clear “Bangtan Sonyeondan,” my jaw dropped. All of us in the row smiled and looked at each other, silently agreeing on something. We all stood up from our seats and turned around, smiling and clapping. Some of the members still hadn’t gotten up, they were so in shock. Soon we had other idol groups standing up for them too. When they made it on stage some were crying, others still too shocked to cry yet. They took a lot of time when they were in the back. Not that I blame them, they just won the highest award possible. Our bands were nowhere near the same level, especially now, yet they still greeted us when they came back out and we turned around to congratulate them again.

Most of them had smiles on at this point. Even though I didn’t know them as well as the others, I was happy for them, they work hard when they perform. I even looked at Jimin for barely a second. I wasn’t surprised to find him looking at me already, but he had a faded smile on. I couldn’t help but feel a twang of guilt.

The show didn’t last much longer and we were already getting out of our seats. I stood off to the side to let Yejin lead us out again, me pulling up the tail. As I started forward I felt fingertips on my upper arm. I stopped for a moment but didn’t look over. I just continued forward.

The hallway was the same as last time, a traffic jam of people trying to get places, except it was mostly towards the exit. We were doing a better job at pushing our way through this time though. I was still moving when I felt something yank my arm backwards. I had to turn around and start stumbling forward as someone was continuing to pull me. I looked up and saw the back of his head, bleach blonde. “Ji-Jimin??” The first thing I’ve said to him after so many months. He didn’t respond, just kept pulling me as hard as ever, his grip on my arm was tight. He went through a doorway, pulling me in as well. He shut the door and I saw that the room was small, not much bigger than a supply closet.

I was starting to get worried and I saw Jimin turn to me with a dark expression. I didn’t have time to say anything as he immediately grabbed both sides of my head with his hands and shoved me hard into the wall, crashing his lips onto mine. I stood there frozen in shock, unable to react. He kissed me passionately, as if his life depended on it. Part of me wanting to go back into this familiar feeling with him, but this was the very thing I had been trying to avoid by ignoring him. I put my hands on his chest and tried to push him away. He was stronger than me… but I hadn’t expected him to ignore my actions. The kiss felt so desperate, like he was pleading to me. I tried shoving him again, harder this time, and he finally released me.

He stepped back and I stayed against the wall, both of us breathing heavily. I stared at him with wide eyes and his expression was unreadable. After a minute, my breathes having calmed down, I looked at the door and reached for the handle.

Jimin let out a frustrated sigh. “Just say something to me! Okay?”

I looked at him and then averted my eyes again. “Please just leave me alone…” And I left.


A/N: Sorry, it took me longer than normal to update. It will for the next one too but I wanted to get this one out here since it kind of finishes this little part... Sorry again! I always love comments so be sure to comment anything you have to say~