~10~

Sharing the Spotlight

Everyone was talking with each other and laughing. It kind of made me wish I got to be in the room during that show so I would know them too. Instead I was stuck with Jimin, who was in the same boat as me.

I went to Eunji, who was in the middle of examining one member’s pinkish red hair, I think his name was Taehyung, and I tapped her shoulder. She turned to me, laughing about something and said, “What?”

I pointed to the door, “I’m going to get a bottle of water from the vending machine out there, I’ll be right back.”

“Okay!” She went back to her conversation.

I walked out the door and headed down the hall to find the vending machine. Our two groups seemed to have gotten really close… I felt a little jealous that I didn’t get to have that. Although… they probably bonded over making fun of my on stage embarrassment with Jimin. Lovely.

After taking a gazillion turns I FINALLY found a vending machine. It was a good thing I knew this building fairly well. But I’ve never been in this specific area, it must not get traveled down very often. I put the money into the machine and pressed the buttons to get a water bottle. As I was watching it I felt a pair of arms slide around my waist, pulling my back into someone’s chest. I’m released when I quickly spin around. I’m greeted with a smiling Jimin who I immediately shove away from me. “What the hell!”

Still smiling, he responded, “What?”

I glared at him, “We aren’t even on the flipping camera anymore so keep your affection to yourself.”

He raised an eyebrow at me. “You think I did that for the show? To win?”

I didn’t say anything, just looked at him. I was about to turn to vending machine to get my water but he took a step forward. “Did you miss me?”

I took a step back from him. “No.”

He took another step forward. I tried to go back further but hit the wall behind me. He was a little too close for comfort. “…I missed you.”

I tried to slide out from the side but he stepped even closer and put his arm up on the wall, blocking me. I stared directly up at him. He still seemed to be getting closer yet. What was he doing?... My heart started beating faster. Our breaths mixed together with his face so near to mine and he looked down at my lips.

I didn’t know what to do but at this point I couldn’t think straight either. It was like Jimin held a breath of hesitance before he firmly pressed his lips on mine. My eyes closed and I felt his other arm wrap around my waist and pull me against him. I couldn’t help but kiss back. I felt the corners of his mouth turn up into a smile briefly at my movement. I wrapped my arm over his neck and placed my other hand on his chest. His movements became rougher and his grip on my waist tightened. He used his other hand to hold the back of my neck. It felt like our bodies were glued together. My skin burned from the contact of his arm on my bare waist, below where my crop top cut off. I found myself so lost in his lips and touch, I couldn’t think of anything else.

The sound of a water bottle dropping sent me crashing back down to reality. We both let go and took a small step away from each other. I just stared at him with wide eyes, both of us panting. Oh my god… What just happened?... I couldn’t hold the eye contact long and started looking anywhere but his eyes. I turned to the vending machine and grabbed my water. How on earth did it take this long to drop… I turned back around and glanced at Jimin. He was staring at the wall opposite him and smiling. I started speed walking out. I can’t believe that I just… I mentally sighed.


A/N: Omg... you guys are the best. Thank you to Abundant_Music, Rain579, and Random_Starlight for subscribing! And make_life_worth, Abundant_Music, and Random_Starlight THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE UPVOTES!!! Omg, I can't believe it, thank you so much. It makes me so happy to see that people actually like this story. I've also loved seeing the few comments that I've gotten! You guys are awesome, here's a juicy chapter just for you XD