~9~

Sharing the Spotlight

As soon as I stepped onto stage I forgot all about Jimin. I felt a sense of calm going into my position at the center to start the dance. As the music started, I felt my layer of confidence come out yet again and I looked directly at the camera.

I didn’t have many lines for the beginning of the song since it went right into a vocalist part. But when the chorus came, which had very minimal singing, I took my place in the middle for our fast paced and sassy dance. That’s how it went up until the second chorus too since it was a singing driven song. But once that ended, instead of a bridge, me and Yejin each had a rap solo. I started it and was thankful I didn’t mess up on any words. Yejin, the stronger rapper, since that was what she was trained in, killed it. We ran into position for the last chorus right before the beat drop. Pulling my last act in front and center I tried my hardest to express each move cleanly and put in as much effort as possible. I’m sure I was sweating by the time my solo move came. I hit the beat as sharply as I could and as I rolled up I gave wink towards the camera. We ended strong with our last snap and the song faded out as we walked to the back of the stage.

We walked back through the wings. Why was performing on stage always 10 times more exhausting…

I had forgotten about Jimin until I walked past him. He was smirking at me and I think I heard a quiet “nice job.” Great. He saw the whole thing. Of all the times we could go for a y concept why now…

But BTS was already walking on next. We were all tired but sat down to continue watching the performances. It looked like they were playing a song called Fire. I mean, I could only assume so seeing the lines of the song so far…

Jina leaned in to whisper to me, “Whoa~ Jungkookie is good dancer.”

I nodded. He was. And he took middle for each chorus. It seemed Jimin had such a small part, bouncing around and singing “Lalalalalala~,” very impressive… But I had to take back all my judgements when the last chorus was building up and he moved in the middle. On the beat drop he jerked down into a quickstep that amazed me. I let out a “Whoa~” and Eunji looked at me. She started smirking at me watching Jimin. You see, no matter how much I forgot about Jimin in the last half a year, she most definitely never did.

When they finished, everyone in our group stood up to talk to them. I was confused for a second but I realized they must have gotten to know each other while they were in the back room during the show we were MCs for. We walked out from there so we would actually be able to speak and found ourselves in a bigger room. They were doing a terrible job of hiding their smiles when Jimin directly came over to me. At least they were still having their own conversations.

Jimin walked over, smirking. The smirk I thought I had forgotten about. “How was I?”

I put one hand on my ear and waved the other in the air, mimicking his move and scrunched up my face singing “Lalalalala~.”

He cringed at me. “It’s a good thing you’re a rapper.”

I furrowed my eyebrows and smacked his shoulder, giving me a sensation of deja vu.

It was weird, seeing him like this. I’d never seen him as a performer before. It was like a whole new side to things. Not to mention the fact that I didn’t think I would see him again, and nearly pretended he didn’t exist. But here he was. With his now black hair. Looking at me again after 6 months.


A/N: Hello all~ Hope your week is going great! If it isn't... at least we have BTS! XD This chapter is for make_life_worth (who I'm pretty sure is reading this story as I'm typing this) for subscribing and all your lovely comments!! Thanks so much! Anyway, I love comments so any you all have to give are appreciated! <3