~16~

Sharing the Spotlight

Why did he have to do this every time?? Trying to make it worse. Is was hard enough as it was. I wanted nothing more than to just forget about it all and move on, but he was making this so difficult…

We had a day off after the MMAs. I used this time to catch up on some of the sleep I had been missing from practicing dances during the night. But of course days off aren’t really days off for artists so most of us found ourselves in the studio again anyway.

 

For part of my day I stole Eunji to dance with me. She was our lead dancer and the next best in the group so we trained together often, sometimes learning covers together for fun. She was likely the only one that also found it stress relieving instead of inducing like the others…

I had come up with choreography to an American song and taught it to her some time ago. We were going over it again today and after perfecting it, we ended up making different versions of it, like themes, for fun. By the end, we were laughing so hard after having made a zombie version, a girly version, and a dork version.

We went over it more normally and then she suddenly ran out of the room yelling, “Be right back!!” I stared blankly at the open door. Umm, okay? She came back in a minute later with one of our company cameras. “We should film the dance!”

I raised an eyebrow, “Is it good enough?”

She just laughed at me, “YES! The staff goes through the footage so there’s no promises on it actually being posted anyway.”

I shrugged in reply. I guess it couldn’t hurt. I’d just never recorded any of the choreography I’ve made myself.

 

The other part of my day was spent with Yejin in the recording studio since she wanted to go over some lyrics and show me some of the other things she was working on. I’ve messed around with some of the software before so I made some suggestions that she ended up using. I’m not sure how but our conversation ended up turning serious and we started venting about some things. Our relationship was very different with each other than other members, but I still appreciated that.

“I don’t want people to just see us as another girl group. I want us to be known for our own capabilities.” She said while looking off. She looked at me again. “I want people to know that I can rap, that I take pride in what I do.”

I nodded along. “It’s just that much harder as a girl too… They don’t take us as seriously with it, which is what makes me want to prove them wrong.”

“That’s what I’m hoping my mixtape will be able to do.” She chewed on her bottom lip, thinking. “But it’s not going to come out for a long while with how busy we’ve been… And I’m worried about how well it’s going to do anyway, since this is my first thing completely separate from the group…” Suddenly she jerked her head up to me with wide eyes full of excitement. I raised my eyebrows at her in question. “What if we make an entirely rap based song together for the new group album! We can vent out what we’ve been thinking about it, and show what we can do at the same time!!”

I looked at her, feeling a little iffy. “I don’t know… I’ve never written lyrics before…”

“Don’t worry! It’s easy if you have something you are just trying to say. It’s like showing your emotions in an easier way. PLUS! The others are already planning a vocalist based only song for the new album, so why not let us do one too! Come on~ It will be great!! Please at least try it with me~”

I couldn’t help but smile at her excitement. “Okay okay, I will try.”

I was nervous about it but her excitement soon rubbed off on me. We took time to collect ideas and she even started drafting it a little bit. We set up the structure too, we would start with some kind of introduction, then I would have a solo rap, then the chorus, then her solo rap, and we would end after another chorus. The time flew so fast that hours had gone by and I hadn’t realized it until Jina opened the door, surprised to see us both in there.

“Oh, I figured you were dancing more. What are you guys doing?”

I was going to say something but Yejin replied, “Nothing.” I turned my head and saw her evil smile, making me laugh.

“Okay… Well the manager called to tell us to meet up, he’s gonna tell us something I think.”

I raised an eyebrow at this but followed her out with Yejin to go meet with others. We entered into a conference room and I saw Eunji looking like a deer in the headlights with takeout spread on the table with Sunmi. My jaw dropped. They were eating food without us?? I glared at them and stole a box containing who knows what. But to be honest, I could care less, I was starving now.

The manager entered not much longer. “I just wanted to tell you girls that we have performance plans for the MAMAs, with an additional stage partnered with another group.”

“Who?” Jina asked with full of food.

“BTS.” I almost choked on my food. Oh god no… why does the world hate me.

The rest of them all smiled, excited. I felt like glaring at them, but they were just happy to see their “friends.”

“But they’re a boy group?” Eunji asked, slightly confused.

“Yes. It will be a boy and girl group performance.” Then the manager looked directly at me. “You and Eunji will be meeting with the new choreographer tomorrow evening with a couple of the dancers from BTS to talk about the dance and you all should start practicing with them in a couple days.”

I nodded and he left the room. “Oh this will probably be fun~” Eunji sang beside me. Yes. So fun.


A/N: I should be back posting normally again now :D Thanks to lollijoe, ginger1111, MusicLover_1808, and Beuski_ for subscribing! And a HUUUGE thank you to omgsunnie for the upvote! Thank you so much! It means a lot! Side note, I have the story line planned in advance so shout out to Abundant_Music for predicting my story, ya lil stinker. Jk, I love you and your comments XD As well as all comments so feel free to drop one for me if you're reading this!